Are english chocolate labs mellow and laid back

Are english chocolate labs mellow and laid back

alyssaryan1207709

QUOTE 5/17/2014 10:18:00 PM
So I am getting a labrador retreiver and I don't know wether to get an English black lab or english chocolate lab. Which one is more calm or are they the same?
soulsimphony

QUOTE 5/28/2014 6:17:00 PM
Hi
Im English Golden retriever breeder, but I have some knowledge about English labs.
Color does not matter with temperament of Labradors - just genetics.
Puppy inherited genetics of the parents, with regard to temper and of many other things.
And it is up to its care and proper breeding temerament develop in the right way.
In this case, select the color that you prefer and the right breeder who has good dogs, good looks and temperament. We have the English yellow Labrador and he is a lot more lively than the English golden retriever that grow professionally, But it is in the nature of a Labrador that he wants to be active
vonbusslerlabs

QUOTE 9/28/2014 3:55:30 PM
I agree with the above poster. The chocolate color required a great deal of inbreeding in order to establish it. By doing this, there were a great number of hyper dogs in the chocolate color. So, chocolates got the reputation for being "hyper" and "hard headed". It took over 60 years to get a chocolate National Field Champion. However, with the establishment of good breeding programs, there are some very nice chocolates out there. However, my own personal experience is that they can have more skin/allergy issues than the blacks. However, color has nothing to do with intelligence and disposition. This is completely genetic and environmental. After all, breeders often have black and chocolate puppies in the same litter. Other than receiving two copies of the recessive chocolate gene, everything else in their DNA is similar to that of their black siblings.
Post Reply New Topic