Help choosing first dog, maybe pug?

Help choosing first dog, maybe pug?

craigl92

QUOTE 7/25/2013 7:25:04 AM
Hi there guys and gals!
So I've wanted a dog for literally years, lots of family members have had them but the circumstances have never really been right for me... until now.
I do think it's really important to find a dog that matches my personality and that will be comfortable with the amount of space we have.
I live in a one bedroom apartment, I would describe it as medium size, there is no garden and it is quite central to a city.
Due to these circumstances a smaller dog I think would definately be best, I want a dog that is extremely affectionate and loves cuddles, this is the most important thing for me. I am not the most active person in the world, I would be happy to take a dog on walks and play ball ect, but there wouldnt be any extreme excersice or jogging involved.
I have been looking at pugs as an option or some form of chihuahua, I also have a fond memory of westies from my childhood but I fear that they may grow too big for the environment.
Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated and as pug seems to be the front runner at the moment is there anything I would need to know about this breed?
Thanks in advance!
limwelwest

QUOTE 10/24/2013 8:14:24 PM
hi dear i think the pug is the best option
jflynn66

QUOTE 4/19/2014 12:16:58 AM
Have you considered a terrier? They are so loyal to their owners and are little clowns. My little Porter is a love. He's a Norfolk Terrier. I first learned about the breed when I was looking for a new companion after my Silky Terrier died. Norfolks are small, don't shed very much and have such sweet personalities. At 10-12 lbs., they're also a perfect size.

Check them out! You might not have considered this breed yet as they are quite rare.

Best of luck in your search!

Jessica in Utah
Post Reply New Topic