Whoodle or goldendoodle

Whoodle or goldendoodle

shyggy

QUOTE 1/18/2012 5:48:03 PM
Hi there,

We are currently trying to decide between two dogs, one a whoodle, the other a goldendoodle (F1B).  We are two families that are close friends and neighbours and are wanting to co-share a dog.  our kids are agest 9,12 and we each have a cat.  Our family also have next door neighbours with chickens across our fence.

Does anyone have any information about the following comparisons between these dog breeds:

1) ease of training

2) ability to get along with cats, young children

3) temperaments

4) energy/activity requirements (we are quite active families)

Thanks,

Zorro

dihart

QUOTE 1/19/2012 9:46:40 AM

Quote shyggy:

Hi there,

We are currently trying to decide between two dogs, one a whoodle, the other a goldendoodle (F1B).  We are two families that are close friends and neighbours and are wanting to co-share a dog.  our kids are agest 9,12 and we each have a cat.  Our family also have next door neighbours with chickens across our fence.

Does anyone have any information about the following comparisons between these dog breeds:

1) ease of training

2) ability to get along with cats, young children

3) temperaments

4) energy/activity requirements (we are quite active families)

Thanks,

Zorro

I would vote for the goldendoodle which I am more familiar with that the woodle, tho both are fine dogs in their own right I am sure. Both have some level of (prey) fetch instincts, being  bred from hunters.  some copied info is below about the two personalities:

The Whoodle is friendly, playful, affectionate, and good-natured. They do best in a home with older, considerate children or children they have been raised with. They do well with dogs they have been with since puppyhood. They are not recommended for homes with non-canine pets. (this would mean cats or chickens)
**********************************************************************************************
 The Goldendoodle is not a hunting dog but does enjoy outdoor sports and activities. The Goldendoodle is a non-aggressive dog who is other pet and children friendly.   The Goldendoodle is a dog who enjoys being active with its family but is also happy to be an indoor pet as well.

*********************************************************************************************
shyggy

QUOTE 1/19/2012 2:54:33 PM
Thanks for your input.  Lots to consider.  I've never met a whoodle until now, so I'm trying to gather as much info to help in the decision.  I'm hopeful with good training either dog can work well with our families...

Thanks,

Zorro
Post Reply New Topic