Need help choosing the right breed

Need help choosing the right breed

countrygalhp

QUOTE 7/13/2009 6:51:26 PM
I want a medium/large dog that does well inside, fairly low energy/doesn't get bored while I'm at work, low maintanence/grooming requirements, doesn't bark when there's no reason, and is friendly but fairly protective.  I want a dog that will hang out with me in the house most of the time and watch out for me but won't be agressive, guard/defend but not attack.  Almost a Great Dane's attitude in a smaller body?  Any suggestions??
maoseger1010

QUOTE 7/15/2009 7:14:04 PM

Quote countrygalhp:

I want a medium/large dog that does well inside, fairly low energy/doesn't get bored while I'm at work, low maintanence/grooming requirements, doesn't bark when there's no reason, and is friendly but fairly protective.  I want a dog that will hang out with me in the house most of the time and watch out for me but won't be agressive, guard/defend but not attack.  Almost a Great Dane's attitude in a smaller body?  Any suggestions??
Your asking for a lot.  How about a corgi?
sunshinejlm

QUOTE 7/23/2009 6:47:40 PM
**Post removed
eloiss

QUOTE 12/23/2009 10:02:04 PM
**Post removed

gwainesfriend

QUOTE 5/28/2012 10:19:00 AM
What about a Blue Heeler? My neighbor has one, and they're gone ALL the time for work. He's extremely friendly, but wary of other dogs and people. Very affectionate. He sheds a good amount during shedding season. He'll love a good romp in the yard.

sophia_dave101

QUOTE 1/18/2013 1:52:16 AM
Choosing the right breed of dog is not an easy task considering that
there are hundreds of dog breeds. It is possible to follow a few obvious
rules and narrow down your choice while selecting dog breeds.
Post Reply New Topic