Parvo atricle

Parvo atricle

dihart

QUOTE 10/2/2012 9:18:10 AM

Tamiflu, a prescription antiviral medication, is believed by some vets to be extremely useful in the treatment of the parvo virus. Some vets even go as far as to say that many puppies would not survive through treatment without the use of Tamiflu. Other vets are skeptical of its efficacy. 

http://www.nextdaypets.com/directory/dogs/articles/parvo~243.aspx

this is an excerpt from an article on parvo that is posted here on next day pets. The link to the full article is posted below for you to review and learn from.  My question with tamiflu is "why do they not do a controlled study to determine exactly how effective tamilflu is in curing parvo virus" that will either put the doubters to rest or substantiate their doubts.
beaglebrat

QUOTE 10/2/2012 11:16:46 PM
Oh, your question has a rather easy answer.   The Center For Disease Control (in humans) doesn't give a CRAP if all your puppies die.   They have recommended that veterinarians NOT give Tamiflu to animals because they fear "overuse" will create strains of virus that are resistant to Tamiflu.  As in, every time it is used in a human or animal, it has that potential, so who gives a crap about the animals?

Knowing that, I will still get Tamiflu if I ever have puppies with parvo again.

Post Reply New Topic