Shih Tzu's Straight Tail

Shih Tzu's Straight Tail

mansmom

QUOTE 7/2/2012 8:28:58 AM
  My 10 year old male neutered Shih Tzu's tail has just stopped curling.  I noticed it after he had some booster shots - DHPP+L4 3-yr and Rabies.  He just doesn't act like his normal happy self.  Had his anal gland taken care of and this hasn't worked.  Are there any other suggestions before I take him back to the vet and pay an exorbitant amount of money.

kathystone

QUOTE 7/2/2012 7:44:23 PM
 What is his general behavior? Is he still a happy boy or is he kind of mopey? he may have had a slight reaction to the shots. Or he may be experienceing something else that is making him fee depressed. See if he will perk up for a piece of hot dog or baloney. Go all over his body gently with your fingers pressing slightly to see if he has a sore spot, perhaps where they gave the shots. Check his teeth. Are any loose or dicolored?  Take his temperature and see if it is normal. Check his feet for any soreness on the bottoms or between the toes. If you dohn't find anything then go see the vet but put in HIS mind up front you are not paying for his 10+ kids' college tuituion!
Post Reply New Topic