Trupanion Pet Insurance

Trupanion Pet Insurance

dihart

QUOTE 2/5/2011 12:22:21 PM
I had a client who called me about the pet insurance, wanting some help and clarification on the process of the initial 30 day free insurance that is offered thru NDP. I must admit that I had never read the "fine print" so to speak, tho it is not "fine" nor small, just a step that must be followed. And it is contained in the email that is first sent to the new owner. Here is the crux of the necessary step:

remember to take the certificate with you to your dog’s first
veterinary examination. Once the trial is activated by you online or by
phone,
your pet will have 90% of each veterinary bill covered, if he or
she gets sick or injured within the 30 day trial.

I personally am going to include a little reminder for my clients so that, IF they do choose to activate that insurance, they will have complied with trupanions rules

jchamp52

QUOTE 2/5/2011 2:32:41 PM

Quote dihart:

I had a client who called me about the pet insurance, wanting some help and clarification on the process of the initial 30 day free insurance that is offered thru NDP. I must admit that I had never read the "fine print" so to speak, tho it is not "fine" nor small, just a step that must be followed. And it is contained in the email that is first sent to the new owner. Here is the crux of the necessary step:

phone,

I personally am going to include a little reminder for my clients so that, IF they do choose to activate that insurance, they will have complied with trupanions rules

Hi dihart,

I looked under the past comments under Medical/Health Questions, (on the second page about 1/2 way down) was another question about insurance, it really didn't give a lot of information, but did give a link to the trupanion website.  Don't know if this will help any or not. 
nextdaypetsforumhelp

QUOTE 2/6/2011 12:44:10 PM

Quote dihart:

phone,

They must follow all of the instructions for the policy to be valid.  If they do, it is a very valuable added benefit that no other puppy sites include, and best of all, it is FREE!  We try to add these extra benefits so the buyers feel more secure when bringing a new dog into their home. 

kathystone

QUOTE 2/6/2011 2:23:06 PM
 But it does not cover dogs over 1 year old so is worthless for most of us who do rescue. 
dihart

QUOTE 2/6/2011 5:29:53 PM
        @ Kathry Stone:  yeah that's too bad that it will not cover the older ones. I imagine the attitude would be that the ins. co could not be sure if they had had proper vet care up to that year old mark.

@ Jcchamp: I remember the previous conversation, but had not run into any issues from clients, no one ever asked & I never bothered to follow up and just see how it actually worked. Left that to NDP to moderate. And now that I know, I will forward that blurb to anyone that I sell a pup to thru NDP, so if they want it they can obtain it, but must follow the steps.

@ the moderator: It totally would be a great thing to have if a new owner chooses to purchase it, but they gotta follow the steps. Once I actually got on and read it, I saw just how it is supposed to work.

Post Reply New Topic