Looking for Health Insurance

Looking for Health Insurance

mabyeme

QUOTE 7/14/2010 12:05:03 PM
I'm really curious about how pet insurance works, what it costs and if there's any carrier that someone out there can recomend based on having good experiences with.
dihart

QUOTE 7/18/2010 4:02:35 PM
I really think one of our moderators from NDP should be the ones to inform us on this matter. I would be happy to know more about it too, so I can inform my clients
nextdaypetsforumhelp

QUOTE 7/19/2010 5:32:12 PM
Thanks for the question!  Pet insurance in the US works similar to Car insurance, where the pet owner pays the veterinary bill upfront and then submits a claim to the pet insurance company for reimbursement.

Depending on the company (we work with Trupanion), you will usually see a reimbursement of 70-90% of the bill, less any deductibles, and up to any applicable payout limitations. Pet insurance typically covers your pet in the event of an illness or injury.

Trupanion covers pet owners at 90%, with an optional deductible, for accidents and illnesses with no payout limits. The pet owner can adjust their deductible, which allows them to find a monthly premium that fits their budget.

That said, please shop around and compare benefits of plans.

kathystone

QUOTE 7/20/2010 12:15:40 PM
 Speaking of healt insurance, I have had several buyers who said the health insurance offered by ndp only covers puppies bought off this site and not dogs over 6 month. Is this true?
jchamp52

QUOTE 7/22/2010 4:59:39 AM

Quote kathystone:

Speaking of healt insurance, I have had several buyers who said the health insurance offered by ndp only covers puppies bought off this site and not dogs over 6 month. Is this true?
I am VERY interested in what the response from NDP will be, because they sure push the insurance issue.
nextdaypetsforumhelp

QUOTE 7/24/2010 9:29:05 AM
Thanks for the questions!  NextDayPets.com does not provide insurance products.  Rather, we have an alliance with Trupanion that provides our members a a great overall service.

For details of the Trupanion plans, you can check out their website at: http://www.trupanionpetinsurance.com/Home/Dog-Insurance

Please let us know if you have any additional questions! 

kathystone

QUOTE 7/24/2010 12:32:18 PM
 What an amazing COP OUT! I emailed/called trupanion and they said they did not have any agreement with nextdaypets.com HM Somewhere I smell a scam. I will no longer be checking sold or offering my clients something so bogus.
nextdaypetsforumhelp

QUOTE 7/26/2010 1:52:40 PM

Quote kathystone:

What an amazing COP OUT! I emailed/called trupanion and they said they did not have any agreement with nextdaypets.com HM Somewhere I smell a scam. I will no longer be checking sold or offering my clients something so bogus.
We do indeed have an agreement with Trupanion, perhaps the individual you spoke to is new.  When you sell a puppy through NextDayPets.com, you are given 30 days of free health insurance from Trupanion.  There is no credit card needed to activate your free insurance, and you can elect to create a full policy at the end of the 30 day trial.  This is an amazing deal that costs nothing to give to your buyers and provides that extra security blanket, should something go wrong.  If you have any questions, please let us know, we would be happy to answer them for you.

kathystone

QUOTE 7/26/2010 7:45:10 PM
 Here is my question. Does the "free month of health insurance" cover dogs over 6 months old that are sold/ adopted from nextdaypets.com?
melissaattrupanion

QUOTE 7/27/2010 2:43:47 PM
Hi Kathy,

I'm not really sure where the mix up was, but I apologize for the confusion. Trupanion and Next Day Pets are working together, and Trupanion has created a special offer which is available only to pets who are marked as sold through Next Day Pets. When you mark a puppy as sold, and enter in the buyer's email address, a 30 day trial certificate is emailed to the buyer which they must get signed by their veterinarian after they've received the new pup, and then activate the certificate either online, or by calling 1-800-569-7913.

This 30 days worth of coverage gives new pet owners 90% coverage for accidents and illnesses, with no payout limits. Dogs need to be at least 8 weeks old to sign up (not 6 months), and this offer is only available to pets under 1 year.

I hope this helps clear things up!
Post Reply New Topic