Boxer

Boxer

brodie_boxer

QUOTE 6/6/2010 10:34:51 AM
My Boxer has been throwing up and not eating or drinking since friday. He is very lathergic (not normal for him at all). Took to vet Sat. morning got centrin inj. and metoclopramide tabs 2x daily but he continues to throw up. Nothing abnormal has happened in our back yard. Mulberrys from neighbors tree and maybe berries fall on ground but nothing we know of. What can this be, please help Im scarred for him (Brodie Raye)
jchamp52

QUOTE 6/6/2010 11:00:47 AM
As useless as it makes me feel, I cant think of anything that would be better than taking your pet back to the vet NOW. If he is still throwing up after this length of time your vet may want to put him on an IV. Too much can go wrong to just  hope you will get some help from someone on this forum in time.
jchamp52

QUOTE 6/6/2010 11:07:13 AM
ADDITIONAL:

It's quite strange that canned pureed pumpkin (not the pie filling but the 100% natural canned pumpkin) can work wonders for both the occasional bout of diarrhea or for the opposite, constipation in dogs. It has been reported that it firms up dog's loose stools or diarrhea within a few hours. How much pumpkin should you give? It depends on the size of the dog but as a rule of thumb a couple of teaspoons daily for a small dog or a couple of tablespoons for a large dog. It's doubtful that your dog or puppy will eat it without disguising it in some way in it's food.

Please check out this link, it may help some:

http://www.dogchatforum.com/diarrhea-dog.htm 

It is a very informative site that covers just about everything dog related.
Post Reply New Topic