in season

in season

cocohill

QUOTE 6/4/2010 5:31:45 AM
I have a seven month old puppy anybody know when she may come into season ? .

Many thanks Ant
dihart

QUOTE 6/4/2010 8:15:25 AM
at her age, any time. And when she does, be sure and protect her from any males that are in her realm, you do not want her getting pregnant at this age for sure.
jchamp52

QUOTE 6/4/2010 8:19:14 AM
It will vary from dog to dog (even within the same breed or litter)

On average they will come in heat between 8 and 11 months of age, but a few will cycle as early as 6 or as late as 13 months.

Also remember she will be in heat an average of 21 days. 

It is not set in stone, but on average she will flirt for the first 7 days, get serious during the middle 7 days, and be less agreeable the last 7 days. I have had females that would accept a male on the 19th day (and become pregnant) Just to be sure.....keep her away from any males for at least 25 days.

She will be trying to have romantic relations with ANY male that is within reach while she is in heat,  remember the males will be just as eager to provide her with romantic relations.

You will be fighting a two way battle, they will both climb, chew, dig, jump, crawl or push any obstacle out of their way. 

cocohill

QUOTE 6/8/2010 10:41:21 AM

Quote jchamp52:

It will vary from dog to dog (even within the same breed or litter)

On average they will come in heat between 8 and 11 months of age, but a few will cycle as early as 6 or as late as 13 months.

Also remember she will be in heat an average of 21 days. 

It is not set in stone, but on average she will flirt for the first 7 days, get serious during the middle 7 days, and be less agreeable the last 7 days. I have had females that would accept a male on the 19th day (and become pregnant) Just to be sure.....keep her away from any males for at least 25 days.

She will be trying to have romantic relations with ANY male that is within reach while she is in heat,  remember the males will be just as eager to provide her with romantic relations.

You will be fighting a two way battle, they will both climb, chew, dig, jump, crawl or push any obstacle out of their way. 

Many thanks. jchamp52
cocohill

QUOTE 6/8/2010 10:42:48 AM

Quote dihart:

at her age, any time. And when she does, be sure and protect her from any males that are in her realm, you do not want her getting pregnant at this age for sure.
Many thanks dihart
jchamp52

QUOTE 6/8/2010 12:50:16 PM

Quote cocohill:

Many thanks. jchamp52
You are more than welcome, many times I feel like I don't know a thing about breeding (all good breeders feel that way :-( .... 

On the subjects that I do know a little about, I try to help.
dihart

QUOTE 6/13/2010 5:17:19 PM
and sometimes even the "best laid plans" go awry thats for sure. Here I sit with my beautiful Coton, who is sooooo  ready for her mate & my breeder friend whos' stud we were to use, her dad has had a heart attack and so she is gone hours away with him and so she should be. But timing is everything isn't it? Tho I know I have a few days leeway in her cycle, Babe is ready and so is my little 9 month old pom male. HE is ready too, has found "his purpose" in life so to speak and we are all playing becky heck keeping the 2 of them apart....it would comical if it weren't such a chore. well, I have calls in to some of my other friends, and God is good, He will make a way or not, but that is my day the last 2
Post Reply New Topic