puppy surgery

puppy surgery

maligirl1

QUOTE 12/8/2009 7:29:24 AM
my corgi just was spayed on thurs, on sat it snowed in my area and i let her run, she wasn't rough housing or anything.today i noticed a small lump around her suture line, it doesn't hurt her when i touch it or press on it,it only pops up when she lays on her side.when she lays on her back it disappears.she is pooping normal, no diarrhea or anything.she doesn't appear to have any pain.i'm going to call her vet today to get her checked, what else should i do, can somebody give some advise
jchamp52

QUOTE 12/9/2009 7:29:32 AM
Since you will be going to see the vet anyway, I would not be overly concerned.

If there is no drainage, redness or tenderness it may just be a slight loose stitch in that one area of skin so that when your puppy is relaxed or laying in a specific position, it is more noticable.

If it was a "problem" your puppy would not be to relax at all and would be very restless and you would be able to tell it was in pain.

I am sure your baby will be fine, let us know.
maligirl1

QUOTE 12/9/2009 8:22:13 AM
ok here is the update: went to the vet, she was glued on the outside suture line, inside sutures only.the vet said that the underneath sutures sometimes will move slightly, or bunch up,she said once the underneath sutures go away ,which could take up to 5mo, it might reoccur.but she examined her and said she felt absolutely no deformities,no looseness in the skin that would be of concern.and when she pressed on the area my puppy didn't even move, or yelp.so everything is good , thanks for your response.
Post Reply New Topic