My Puppy not eating !

My Puppy not eating !

xainmax

QUOTE 6/22/2009 6:44:24 AM
Hello there
I have a german shepherd pup 3 months old.
I feed him boiled chicken with bread and milk with bread twice a day.
Since 2 days he is not taking proper diet, not eating properly.
I give him water,but he doesn't drank it.
He is active and playing in the backyard.

So is there problem related to hot and humid weather since here temp is around 35C.

Waiting for you replies.

Regards
kelsey111

QUOTE 6/23/2009 7:23:18 AM
hi have you tryed your puppy on normal dog food ie- tinned food and biscuits as chicken and rice maybe to bland and boring for your puppy my puppy was eating tinned food at 8 weeks old

kathystone

QUOTE 6/24/2009 11:54:23 AM
Check his mouth. He may have sme teething issues going on. He is old enough to eat dry kibble. You can moisten it some but dry is best. It will keep his teeth clean and give him some chewing exercise.
maddythemutt

QUOTE 6/29/2009 2:59:35 PM
Is your puppy throwing up, lethargic, or not drinking water? If he continues to not eat, or experiences any of these symptoms you may want to have him checked out at the vet for Parvo- an extremely serious and often deadly disease!

Also, if you just got your puppy- it could be that he is in a new environment and is a bit scared.

Perhaps you could also try adding in some wet food.. or feed him out of your hand for a while?

maligirl1

QUOTE 6/29/2009 6:28:20 PM
if your talking celsius for the temp are you from europe? not quite sure what kind of dog food they have in europe.but milk is not good for dogs it can upset the digestion, i believe it has something to do with the lactic acid in milk.dry kibble is proably best.if your pup still will not eat try to moisten it with a little water. good luck

Post Reply New Topic