parvo virus is deadly

parvo virus is deadly

kiray

QUOTE 2/24/2012 3:47:18 PM
im jm and a first timer pet owner,i have a puppy named kiray she is a cross breed from a maltese and white terrier...

she is so lovable and too sweet...very energetic,she loves to eat a lot and play marathon with my sister dog sometimes we used to play hide and seek.

she cant sleep with out me by her side and so same here.

one day a friend of mine take her while im at work after 4days she give it back to me but she is so different she is not active and energetic as she was at first i thought it was nothing then she is not eating nor drinking water at all i was wondering why and then she started to have a vomit and watery vowel...I was so afraid specially when i saw her collapsed it breaks my heart and my tears flow down...At that moment i take her to the vet then i found out that she have parvo i know its less than 20 percent she can survive but still i take the chances hoping that she can survive so the vet gave her iv fluid im with her all the time taking care of her i didnt sleep im just beside her 3 days 3 nights until she cant stand on it i was crying im talking to her i know she was suffering too much but she dont want to give up but i cant stand the pain seeing her in that condition it breaks my heart so i talk to her and i told her its ok im gonna be fine and im letting her go i told her i love her so much and kissed her at that time im just crying and she was staring at me.After that she stop breathing she die.

i was hurt,every night im crying longing for her cause no one will sleep beside me.will stay late at night watching movie...

Wait for me when im at work and no one will love me like the way she did.parvo is very silent but deadly...
dihart

QUOTE 2/24/2012 4:04:20 PM
so so very sorry to hear that you have this terrible experience. I am sure you loved your puppy very much and that she loved you. She evidently came across the parvo virus when her immunity was not up to full speed, and parvo can attack an immature  immune system. That is why we always encourage new puppy owners to continue to get those booster shots until their immunity has matured. Parvo is virulent, lives 2 years in the soil, nothing kills it but bleach and time, so if you consider bringing in a new dog, consider that you have the virus in your area now and you should try to work with one that is maybe thru it's shot series....BUT, so that you and others know, a puppy can be saved many times thru the use of tamiful, the people flu medicine. Many do not know this and even vets do not give it credence but I know it does work. It saved my daughters dong last summer. Our vet did not give the prescription without reservation, but I told  him "i will not hold you responsible if she dies, but I want to try it", so he wrote the script and we bought it at the pharmacy ($200) and her dog lived while several others on her street died that summer. The tamiflu remedy was posted on this forum a few years ago and I pray it has saved countless dog.  I believe it is posted in the backlogs of "medical/health" comments on this forum so I hope others will read that and also that they will not be casual about keeping their pups updated on their shots. 4 booster shots (every 3 weeks starting at 6 to 7 weeks of age)  we also give a neopar at around 5-6 weeks  that targets parvo specifically.  specifically. 
kiray

QUOTE 2/26/2012 11:32:19 AM
i try to buy that tami flu but i dont know why there is no available i try to buy and search every pharmacy in this place but i dont know why they dont sell i hope they have that medicine anyway thanks a lot...
dihart

QUOTE 2/26/2012 7:56:00 PM
did you have a prescription?
Post Reply New Topic