RIP-King

RIP-King

lamali32

QUOTE 1/22/2010 3:52:04 PM
I bought a french bulldog from this website. When I recieved my puppy to my surprise it was the wrong dog. We had looked at two and decided on one. When we went to the airport, it was the wrong one, and the breeder wanted to convience us it was our mistake not hers. But when we saw the puppy we fell in love with him and kept him. He was only with us for 12 hours, when he got violently ill and we had to rush him to the hospital. He was in and out the clinic for 10 days, the breeder wouldnt answer our calls and when she did , she couldnt explain why our puppy was so sick..Sad to say my puppy died in my arms. Not only did this put a emmotional strain on us, but also in a financial bind. Our vet bills totaled 3000 and she refused to pays us or help, because nobody knew what was wrong with the puppy...Please help me pass this along, so it doesnt happen to anyone else....He was supposed to be our house warming gift and now we are left with a new house with an old memory that still makes us cry...
beaglebrat

QUOTE 1/22/2010 10:53:36 PM
First I am sorry for your loss. That sounds like a terrible ordeal. 99.999% of people working with reputable breeders get the correct puppy. The breeder should have also been at least working with you on the health problems too.

However, for $3000 you should know why your puppy died. I hate to tell you but your vet gouged you financially just as much as the breeder did. Please take in to consideration that your vet bill is astronomical for not knowing why your puppy died.

If you get a new dog, please get a new vet too. What a rip off. It is even possible that if you had went to a competent vet that they would have found the problem, you would have had a much lower vet bill, and a live puppy.

There shouldn't be that many things that kill a puppy that had been fine for the first 12 hours it arrived and then to tube like that. Some vets just aren't good at treating sick puppies, and some make a huge deal or fatal flaws out of problems that shouldn't be that big of deal. So I would blame the breeder for the wrong puppy, but if you don't know what killed it, you really shouldn't necessarily be blaming them for the dead puppy.

beaglebrat

QUOTE 1/22/2010 10:56:19 PM
Another point is if the puppy was shipped (which it was) it is required by law to be checked out by a licensed veterinarian. Your vet should have known that, and been in contact with the vet that filled out the travel certificate to verify health or any issues that the puppy may have been treated for.

Health Certificates/Vet checks are required by law so that sick puppies are not spreading disease across the country during the shipping process. You should have received the health certificate from the airline, or they would have record of it.

Talk to that vet.

lamali32

QUOTE 1/25/2010 1:27:18 PM
The vet that treated my puppy was at the animal emergency clinic. He was believed to have parvo and then after further test, it was an upper respitory infection that some how led to pneumonia and then the possiblity of the swine flu that exists in dogs. The whole time the vet was trying to speak to the breeder and the vet that cleared him to be shipped...nobody answered...or returned our calls... and at an emergency clinic with round the clock supervision..the price is right. I would of paid more if they could of kept him alive......
Post Reply New Topic