My Sweet Manfa's and Arnie

My Sweet Manfa's and Arnie

manfasmommy

QUOTE 1/12/2010 12:16:41 AM
Today I would just like to talk a bit about my sweet baby girl Samantha and my sweet baby boy Arnie.  Both were Westies and I loved them dearly.  I got Arnie when I was 16.  I had him for 14 wonderful years....his goal in life was to be right by my side.  He loved his walks and to go anywhere that I liked to go.  He especially liked riding in cars.  I made the decision to put him to rest in August of 2008 when his allergies and old age got the better of him and his quality of life was just non-existent. 

Samantha developed what we do believe was cancer and went down hill within two months....it was soo hard for her to breath...every breath was painful for her and I just couldn't see her suffer anymore.  I laid my sweetie to rest on January 7th of this year.  She was just the sweetest little dog....she loved everybody especially her family.  I miss her soooo much.  I know she is in a much better place right now....but my heart just hurts and aches so much because I miss her.  I miss them both....and I guess I just needed to write it down.  I keep hoping that I will come home and she will be here.  I know that she isn't ....but every time I stick my key into the door I hurt just a little inside.....because I know she isn't there on the other side.  I will see her once again and Arnie.  But right now it just hurts to not have either of them here with me. 

One day we will bring another little ball of white fluff into our lives....and looking at the puppy pictures helps a little.  It is almost as if there is a sliver lining.....I will never be able to replace Arnie or Samantha.....but just to know that I will be able to let another one in our hearts and our home....helps a little.

Thank you for anybody that reads this.  I just needed to get it out there.

~Chareen

ambratag

QUOTE 1/22/2010 11:04:25 PM
Your post is just another example of how much we let our four-legged family members into our hearts.  God bless you for doing the right thing by your animals.  There is no reason they should suffer when they don't need to.  Always know that you did the most humane thing you could, and your love for them both is absolutely apparent.  RIP to your babies.  Someday you'll be ready to bring some new members into your family, but they'll never replace the memories you have of your family already waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Reply New Topic