should i shave my 6month old pom?

should i shave my 6month old pom?

s_ellis88

QUOTE 10/8/2009 4:47:53 PM
i took him to petco last month, they groomed him and now he has fleas so so bad, should i take him back? we frontlined him, flea and tick bath and the are still bad should we shave him and make it easier to take care of?? I will get a sweater for him and he will stay warm, he only goes outside to go on a walk and to go pee!!!

can we shave him at home and if so how far down do we go so we can get the fleas taken care of!?!
luvmyshihtzus

QUOTE 10/24/2009 3:23:56 PM
Your poor puppy.  If he got fleas from the groomer, don't use that groomer again and report them.  Take your baby to the vet.  They have better medications to rid your baby of fleas and ticks than you can buy in any store.  Once the bugs are gone, you can then control tham.  There is no reason to shave your baby.  The medication will take care of it along with a good flea comb.
illusionminis

QUOTE 10/26/2009 10:12:34 PM
It is really bad for your baby to have fleas so bad.  Make a vet appt. imed and there are several things your vet can give you.  Capstar is probably the best.  Shaving the hair is not going to help the infestation.  You also need to bomb your home and kill all the fleas that are in your home, yard, etc.  It is best to do this all in one day. 

It is not a good idea to shave a pom short, it can severly damage the coat.  Esp. at such a young age. 

billmargaret0987

QUOTE 12/6/2009 8:08:40 AM
Fleas are harmful to your pet. After taking vaccine shots, try to give a dog a bath. If it still encounters fleas, try to send the dog to the veterinarian for rigorous grooming and seek advice for solutions. And don't go back to the groomer where your pet acquired fleas.

Post Reply New Topic