How soon can my dog be outside after spaying

How soon can my dog be outside after spaying

lorikc

QUOTE 10/24/2007 10:31:54 AM
I have a two year old Lab mix who was spayed on the 18th of October. She is an outside dog, both free roam and in a 10' by 10' kennel. We live in the country and she is used to being outside, only wants to be inside when it's 100 degrees outside. My qusetion is she is really not happy inside and wants to be outside. She has on a cone and had staples not stiches. Her incision site is healing perfectly. My qustion is, is it okay for her to be outside now for a few hours at a time? My vet said she needed to rest (yeah right) for several days. She hates being inside and I would like to let her be able to go out, but I don't want her to hurt herself. I would just like someone else's opinion. Thanks so much
angelzoo

QUOTE 10/24/2007 10:47:01 AM
You need to keep a close eye on her until she's fully healed.

This involves her being inside and you keeping a good tab on her.

If your dog is having problems transitioning into being in doors so much bring her outside on a leash often, you can let her roam in her kennel but you MUST keep your eye on her constantly to make sure she doesn't jump or run to hard, or try to pull at her incision.

shoobythedog

QUOTE 2/16/2008 11:26:21 AM
When she is fully healed
malachis

QUOTE 2/16/2008 11:51:00 AM
lucky for you, you wernt critised for your dog sleeping outside like i was
maligirl1

QUOTE 2/18/2008 9:06:09 AM
my dog just got over this.except for going out to do her business i didn't take her out for about 2-3 days.if your dog likes to run and rool around it may cause the stitched to tear open or the site to get dirty.just be carefule if you do take her out.good luck
Post Reply New Topic