a natural flea and worm treatment????

a natural flea and worm treatment????

cannonfarms

QUOTE 8/30/2007 11:31:41 AM
i came across this on one of my list im on, have any of you heard of it or tried it, its sweared by in the group. This is the reply to me asking about it.

DE is actually the skeletons of marine animals that died a long time ago.
It works on the basis that the fleas, ticks, spiders, ants what insect walks across it and it has extremely sharp edges ( though microscopic) it cuts the bugs exoskeleton and they dehydrate and die.
the only bad side effect is that it kills good bugs to.
again I have to point out to use a mask when spreading in large areas.
There are many DE sites you can just Google
Diatomaceous Earth
Or use this website
make sure you get human grade then you can even worm your dogs with it.
http://www.dirtwork s.net/Diatomaceo us-Earth. html
lganio

QUOTE 8/30/2007 6:49:51 PM
Is this the same DE (Diatamacous Earth) I buy for my pool filter? If so, it can be purchased at a pool store?
cannonfarms

QUOTE 8/31/2007 6:50:06 AM
the group stresses to get only human grade and thats not human grade, they say you can get it at the home depo type stores.
this is something new im looking into myself
angelzoo

QUOTE 8/31/2007 10:30:07 AM
I have heard about it, and have read up on the product before. It seems neat in theory.

I have no idea if this product actually works or not, sorry.

I use things like Neem Oil for bugs :)
cannonfarms

QUOTE 8/31/2007 11:34:45 AM
with all things considered, im going to give it a go, this info was from some of the top breeders in the nation, including the one that bred chestnut the hero of central park, thats actually her that gave the above responce.
It would have been nice to know if anyone else has heard about it though.

Im very concerned about putting pestisieds out on my lawn as we have a well, and its about in the middle of the lawn

funnybunny

QUOTE 8/31/2007 2:13:29 PM
It didn't work for me the way it was supposed to. It worked for indoors where there were hardly no fleas present, but outside, and even on the dogs? Nope, didn't work. I ended up letting the fleas starve or dehydrate to death out in the backyard, and treated the dogs with a flea and tick spray which got rid of them. To this day, they still don't have any fleas. Diatomaceous Earth makes claims about killing fleas, roaches, spiders, etc. Well, a little test proved them wrong. I put a few fleas in a jar with diatomaceous earth in it. I checked daily, and nothing. After 3 days, the stupid fleas still weren't dead. Just goes to show that it doesn't work, although it did rid my home of the small number of fleas.
cannonfarms

QUOTE 9/1/2007 1:13:35 PM
thank you for your imput funny, i kinda wondered why i handnt heard it before and kinda weary about trying new things, especially when its on my ever tighting budget. I have three adoptions suposed to be happening today, none are with fees so ill have a lighter load but an empty wallet still, so even though its cheaper than a round of advatix and advantage for everyone it would have wasted good money and now i know what im about to buy.
funnybunny

QUOTE 9/1/2007 4:59:44 PM

Quote cannonfarms:

thank you for your imput funny, i kinda wondered why i handnt heard it before and kinda weary about trying new things, especially when its on my ever tighting budget. I have three adoptions suposed to be happening today, none are with fees so ill have a lighter load but an empty wallet still, so even though its cheaper than a round of advatix and advantage for everyone it would have wasted good money and now i know what im about to buy.
You can get flea products at a great price. I spent over 200 dollars before finding anything that really worked. We were infested with fleas to the point where I even felt like I was being eaten alive. For the dogs, there's a water based spray at any grocery store, WalMart or anywhere. It's about 4 dollars a bottle. It's Hartz 2 in 1 flea and tick spray. I know Hartz has a bad reputation for the flea drops, but i've been using this ever since and haven't had one problem. We have absolutely no fleas at all. You spray directly on the dogs (careful not to get it in their eyes) and rub it in. Leave it on for about 10 minutes and then rinse off. There will not be one flea left. They also have the spray for the home, but I didn't use that. For the yard, I left them out there to die. Nothing was working on the yard. Within a month, there was not one flea outside. In the house, Diatomaceous Earth did work, but there were only very few fleas in the house. Being that DE is expensive for a generous amount, i'd go another route because I think you'll be disappointed with the results that you get. There are certain Hartz products that I will use, and others that I will not. Frontline didn't work, and Advantage didn't work. I was pissed so I hurried to Wal Mart, got a flea comb (which I didn't need), got the spray, and came home. I didn't know if it would work, but it was only 4 dollars so I tried it. Mista had the worst fleas of them all. She has very thick and curly hair. Within 10 minutes, there was not one flea on her entire body. I treated the other dogs, and voila. No more fleas. Thankfully, I haven't had fleas since then.
rescuewench

QUOTE 9/2/2007 4:14:39 PM
i bought an all natural topical flea killer repellant for my senior cats - it worked.

i bought an all natural wormer for all teh cats - also worked - got it at a homeopathic online store .

wasnt even expensive.

BUT i was not infested.

when i was infested teh ONLY stuff that worked to STOP the life cycle was the precor ( i got the spray in tractor supply- store it was about 14 bucks for interior surface spray- i used advantage & or frntline on all teh normal animals and teh homeopathic ONLY on teh seniors ( which helped but i shaved them and did teh flea comb daily until teh precor broke teh life cycle.

ONCE that happens you can rid yourself of teh flreas -

i will NEVER be without precore again to make SURE i never get infested again.
by breaking that life cycle i am now able to use frontline on my dogs every 3 MONTHS not monthly- and use teh homeopathic natural topical on all teh cats.

not having fleas also made a marked improvement in NOT having tape worms in my pets.

XRW

Post Reply New Topic