Quote rescuewench:

bowser was startingto post links.

i also think pen is bowwow incognito
you are a wack job.
zoesmum

QUOTE 7/29/2007 1:02:42 PM

Quote penkitten:

you are a wack job.
Thank you for your extremely interesting and exciting input.

Why do you bother?

We do think you are Bowser - if you aren't is that really a rep you want ?

Following in the foot steps ...

Do you have an information to add to this discussion on early spaying and neutering? It is an interesting conversation!
cannonfarms

QUOTE 7/29/2007 1:33:25 PM
people often acuse people of other things they are quilty of, and often people that call people names are indeed the called name..
Oh and those that thing they are sane are the ones truely insane.

I would rather be a wack job than some one who is too scared to want to see the truth, to scared take a look at some one else perspective for fear of mine being wrong.
I may not agree with any one, but at least im wise enough to look at all sides of the argumet, after all most arguments i think i have won, i later realise i lost for the fact i didnt take time to look at all sides and i was indeed the one wrong.

I guess as they say, ignorance is bliss, so my dear i imagine your just a rainbow of bliss.

stupid is as stupid does even forest gump was smart enough to know that.
lganio

QUOTE 7/29/2007 1:41:55 PM

Quote cannonfarms:

people often acuse people of other things they are quilty of, and often people that call people names are indeed the called name..
Oh and those that thing they are sane are the ones truely insane.

I would rather be a wack job than some one who is too scared to want to see the truth, to scared take a look at some one else perspective for fear of mine being wrong.
I may not agree with any one, but at least im wise enough to look at all sides of the argumet, after all most arguments i think i have won, i later realise i lost for the fact i didnt take time to look at all sides and i was indeed the one wrong.

I guess as they say, ignorance is bliss, so my dear i imagine your just a rainbow of bliss.

stupid is as stupid does even forest gump was smart enough to know that.
zoesmum

QUOTE 7/29/2007 1:48:35 PM
Well, since I didn't call anyone anything, I will assume that this is not directed at me. And "those who think they are sane are actually insame"? Did you go open a Psych book and decide that sounded good? What does that mean, exactly.

If the above posts were directed at me, please read below:

I really have no idea what you are talking about with regard to seeing other sides of an argument. That is what a debate it. And I have always looked at all sides. Just is hard sometimes to listen to people who don't add anything, just write stuff that doesn't make any sense.

I am not "your dear" ... I think my husband would be offended. I am not ignorant - did you just decide to make up stuff just to fight?

maybe before you run around calling people stupid you should find out if they actually are!

What's wrong with this picture????

If the above posts weren't directed at me ... then I still mean what I said, just not directed at the above posters!
cannonfarms

QUOTE 7/29/2007 1:54:11 PM
easy there, look at the very first post on this page

I dont know you well enough to defend you nor have seen anything you wrote that i didnt agree with, i should have been more clear but i assumed you seen the post above yours.

It is nice to know you you have a little piss and vinigar in you though
zoesmum

QUOTE 7/29/2007 2:20:26 PM

Quote cannonfarms:

easy there, look at the very first post on this page

I dont know you well enough to defend you nor have seen anything you wrote that i didnt agree with, i should have been more clear but i assumed you seen the post above yours.

It is nice to know you you have a little piss and vinigar in you though
Gotta say that I obviously have a lot - that is why I wrote the "if this is directed at" ... apparently I woke up on the wrong side of the bed today - may be I should go nap and then I won't jump to conclusions ... he he he.

Sorry, the first post is about me, isn't it???
zoesmum

QUOTE 7/29/2007 2:21:21 PM
Nope, it's about RW ... must be the other thread that the top post is about me.

Sorry for the fury and fire!!!
cannonfarms

QUOTE 7/29/2007 2:40:51 PM
all hell we all get on out high horse, i just wish that girl would realise beliving a lie is easier than the truth and be woman enough to see the truth, heck all were asking her to do is look at videos and see if she feels the same way after them.
zoesmum

QUOTE 7/29/2007 2:48:10 PM

Quote cannonfarms:

all hell we all get on out high horse, i just wish that girl would realise beliving a lie is easier than the truth and be woman enough to see the truth, heck all were asking her to do is look at videos and see if she feels the same way after them.
Those videos are horrible, but I think should be a required watch in school. If we have to learn about how not to make babies our selves, why aren't we forced to learn how not to have our animals have babies - this is likely another topic for another thread!!

It is easier to do the things they do (BYB) if:
a: you don't care about animals
b: you ignore the facts
c: a little of both.

Take care
lganio

QUOTE 7/29/2007 3:31:24 PM

Quote zoesmum:

Those videos are horrible, but I think should be a required watch in school. If we have to learn about how not to make babies our selves, why aren't we forced to learn how not to have our animals have babies - this is likely another topic for another thread!!

It is easier to do the things they do (BYB) if:
a: you don't care about animals
b: you ignore the facts
c: a little of both.

Take care
Maybe breeders should be required have a license and watch this. You are suppose to license your dogs, therefore, you would be able to track who is breeding dogs.
cannonfarms

QUOTE 7/29/2007 3:51:55 PM
most breeders do, if you breed more than one litter of year here you have to have a licence. Most ag people are trained to look at as a crop more than anything, my ag lady is a byb herself
zoesmum

QUOTE 7/29/2007 3:55:26 PM

Quote lganio:

Maybe breeders should be required have a license and watch this. You are suppose to license your dogs, therefore, you would be able to track who is breeding dogs.
I think most things that people do should require licenses! And having a heart for others ... not sure if BYB's do.

I have always thought that people should be required to have a license to have children ... but alas, we are too "free" for that. But this is for a whole different forum!
lganio

QUOTE 7/29/2007 5:09:44 PM

Quote zoesmum:

I think most things that people do should require licenses! And having a heart for others ... not sure if BYB's do.

I have always thought that people should be required to have a license to have children ... but alas, we are too "free" for that. But this is for a whole different forum!
I agree. I don't know why I am so surprised by the way people treat animals. I am a teacher and see how parents treat their own children sometimes. Why should we expect they treat their pets any better? Of course, then there are those parents who treat their animals better than their children. My mom always said, my aunt should have only had dogs and not children, because she spent more money, time and attention on the animals.
zoesmum

QUOTE 7/29/2007 5:17:30 PM

Quote lganio:

I agree. I don't know why I am so surprised by the way people treat animals. I am a teacher and see how parents treat their own children sometimes. Why should we expect they treat their pets any better? Of course, then there are those parents who treat their animals better than their children. My mom always said, my aunt should have only had dogs and not children, because she spent more money, time and attention on the animals.
I know what you mean. I work with offenders, young and old. Of all the things I hear - I hear about crappy parents the most. I am not blaming parents for their children's bad behaviour. But there has to be some accountability on the parts of parents for the actions of thier offspring!
cm1123

QUOTE 7/29/2007 6:48:10 PM
Someone asked what "sho" means, "fo sho" is slang for "for sure."

Since you two are talking about people treating pets better than their fellow humans, here's an interesting editorial to read:

http://www.shoutwire.com/comments/84263/Do_You_Like_Your_Pet_More_Than_Your_Fellow_Humans_
lganio

QUOTE 7/29/2007 7:03:05 PM
Interesting, thanks for sharing!
zoesmum

QUOTE 7/29/2007 9:15:15 PM
It was me who wanted to know what "sho" meant ... makes sense now. I thought people were just mis-typing!

Thanks!
rescuewench

QUOTE 7/30/2007 1:06:00 PM

Quote beaglebrat:

Maybe it is the new thing to give complete hysterectomies and castrate puppies and kittens at 8-10 weeks of age, but MOST VETS DO DO DO NOT NOT NOT recommend or practice this.

It is the nutty rescue people for sho and the poor vets that have to work with them.
YES, pet dogs and cats need to be altered, but NOT at such a young age. I am not arguing that it not be done, JUST WHEN and that people know the risks. Nothing wrong with that.

RW-- I have 3 wonderful competent vets with probably 80 YEARS combined experience treating animals and doing spays and neuters. ALL OF THEM SAY WAIT UNTIL AT LEAST 6 MONTHS to alter pets.

In FACT I looked in to PEDIATRIC SPAY for a client that wanted it done, and NO VETS IN OUR AREA DO IT. NONE. The closest was 90 minutes away! And instead of charging the 'normal' rate of $90-120 that every one else charges, the 'pediatric spay' vet charged $300 PLUS and needed a SEPARATE pre-op visit ($50).

If you are a responsible pet owner, why not wait? For the safety of your pet? It is SO unlikely that a bitch would get bred before 6 months. Many males don't even TRY to hump things until 6-9 months (or longer). Who is to say that a 6 month old male would have developed swimmers or be fertile if they tried?

I also nearly lost a girl to spay. Her lungs started filling up with blood or fluid on the table so they had to finish quickly. She took a long time coming out of the anesthetic, but I was able to take her home. Good thing because she started bleeding internally and would have probably died during the night if she had just been left at the office. When I took her home I noticed a swelling and then a couple staples popped out and spilled about a Pepsi can of blood. They had to open her back up and stop the bleeding.
nutty rescuers ?

you sure are uneducated about the over population issues arent you? then again you are HELPING the overpopulation Issues..so why would you care?

and your vet? he /she doesnt follow AVMA guidelines? tisk tisk, sounds like a VERY UNINFORMED OLD FASHIONED VET.

last time i will say this:

* THE AVMA IS ON RECORD SINCE '96 STATING THE CONDONE PEDIATRIC SPAY & NEUTER

do you even KNOW what the AVMA is ?

and PS teh ARTICLE stated between 10- 12 weeks.

NOT 8 - i said i do MY males at 8 weeks .

and females at 10 weeks ONLY becasue the vet - the low cost clinic will do ANYTHING at a healthy 3 lbs . includng pregnant animals & animals in heat.

why? because of the MASSIVE overpopulation probems .

in FACT not ONE vet i know like or respect will WORK for active back yard breders OR budding millers.

seems not JUST the "nutty " rescues are morally opposed to the massive over population problems in this country and all teh animals dying from greedy byb's & millers. MANY more vets are becomming more involved & as teh newer vets roll out of school- they are also FAR more likely to follow teh AVMA guidelines . in michigan its slow going but is IS going & WORKING.. in south fla - its NORMAL. very FEW vets are living in the 1960's and still insisting on that 6 month old myth.

as far as th low cost clinics doing anything at a heathy 3 lbs?
when i can get in there i GO - and will have them done as young as possible. so the dont have to live in a foster home 5 MONTHS ( DUH) - i would prefer to get them fixed and in theer FOREVER home as soon as i get them started on housebroken.

usually have them out by 12 weeks.old - they are fully vetted by then. and ALTERED. ( and started on housebroken) & crate trained.

PS pen - calling me a wacko - is against teh rules you seem to be always screaming about.

so i suppose its ok for me to call you names too?

well- i dont ned to.
I think dane took care of that quite nicely ..
well done ND. & zoe.. ( pat wasnt talking about you- she was defending me from pen hunny buns bowser incognito or wanna be )

marteenrick

QUOTE 12/1/2010 5:09:11 AM
ear plugs for swimming
Post Reply New Topic