MORE spay neuter statistics

MORE spay neuter statistics

rescuewench

QUOTE 7/27/2007 11:47:59 PM

Quote penkitten:

i will not read any links about feeding any house pet, such as dogs and cats, raw meat as i find it disturbing, and inhumane.
i think that animals eating raw food, would be more likely to turn on their owners and small children for the taste of blood.

someone else may feed your animals all the raw chickens you wish, just do not cry to me when they are facing charges for what their animal did to their neighbor's toddler.

quote hunny buns "someone else may feed your animals all the raw chickens you wish, just do not cry to me when they are facing charges for what their animal did to their neighbor's toddler."

OMG LMAOO i am ROLLING on teh FLOOR!

YOU eat meat do you also eat neighbors children..

( i am beginning to wonder..)
maoseger1010

QUOTE 7/27/2007 11:49:31 PM

Quote penkitten:

above in my posts i said "i think"
because that is what i think and it is my opinion. it is a statement that i made because of my opinion on it. thats all. there is no need to flame me for having an opinion.

in my opinion, i am not the one who is unwilling to listen to any one else's point of view.

i am new to this forum, however, i already see that on this forum, if you have an opinion that is not the same as RESCUEWENCH then she belittles you. no matter what you say in your own defense, she tries to choke her beliefs down your throat and when you stand up for yourself by saying "its just my opinion, you can do whatever you please with your own animal, then other members, such as yourself, decide that i am the one that caused the flaming in the first place.

however to be fair, i did look up the pros and cons of pets having an all raw diet and that cats are prone to getting toxoplasmosis by raw meat.http://www.listnow.com/helpingpaws/articles/article_125.html

toxoplasmosis can affect unborn babies, and the mother's do not even notice that they have come into contact with it.
toxoplasmosis can cause birth defects in these unborn babies.

toxoplasmosis from eating raw meat? I did not know that. Years ago I had a kitten that was born with Toxoplasmoisis.
rescuewench

QUOTE 7/27/2007 11:49:40 PM

Quote zoesmum:

Refresher - "i will not read any links about feeding any house pet, such as dogs and cats, raw meat as i find it disturbing, and inhumane.
i think that animals eating raw food, would be more likely to turn on their owners and small children for the taste of blood - NOT TRUE

"someone else may feed your animals all the raw chickens you wish, just do not cry to me when they are facing charges for what their animal did to their neighbor's toddler."

This is not "an opinion" it is a statement - and it is blatantly untrue.

I am not an argument starter, but I get quite upset when I read things that are not well researched, and are then stated as facts.

Just realize that sometimes when you say things, people who don't know any better will read it and might believe it. Making statements that aren't true really doesn't help anyone.

This forum is supposed to help people, and is also a place to state opinions. Saying things like "don't come cry to me when your dog hurts your neighbours kid" - these kinds of things happen because of bad owners and training, NOT because the dog happens to be fed raw food.

You don't have to read threads if you don't want to - but then realize that very few people will listen to anything you have to say, because you are unwilling to see any one else's points of view!
quote zoe"This is not "an opinion" it is a statement - and it is blatantly untrue.

I am not an argument starter, but I get quite upset when I read things that are not well researched, and are then stated as facts. "

AMEN sista

KNOWLEDGE is power ...everyone can & will have an opinion, but IGNORANCE is in THIS day & age so back water it is sickening.
rescuewench

QUOTE 7/27/2007 11:55:40 PM

Quote penkitten:

above in my posts i said "i think"
because that is what i think and it is my opinion. it is a statement that i made because of my opinion on it. thats all. there is no need to flame me for having an opinion.

in my opinion, i am not the one who is unwilling to listen to any one else's point of view.

i am new to this forum, however, i already see that on this forum, if you have an opinion that is not the same as RESCUEWENCH then she belittles you. no matter what you say in your own defense, she tries to choke her beliefs down your throat and when you stand up for yourself by saying "its just my opinion, you can do whatever you please with your own animal, then other members, such as yourself, decide that i am the one that caused the flaming in the first place.

however to be fair, i did look up the pros and cons of pets having an all raw diet and that cats are prone to getting toxoplasmosis by raw meat.http://www.listnow.com/helpingpaws/articles/article_125.html

toxoplasmosis can affect unborn babies, and the mother's do not even notice that they have come into contact with it.
toxoplasmosis can cause birth defects in these unborn babies.

ok number one you are NOT new you have been here before ..

you have a certain "writing style" I see through you ..

2-

quote you" am new to this forum, however, i already see that on this forum, if you have an opinion that is not the same as RESCUEWENCH then she belittles you. no matter what you say in your own defense, she tries to choke her beliefs down your throat and when you stand up for yourself by saying "its just my opinion, you can do whatever you please with your own animal, then other members, such as yourself, decide that i am the one that caused the flaming in the first place. "

IF i have facts i list them as such with links and even THEN no one has them forced down teh throat - its for research reasons - you see it someliek it soedont but INTELLIGENT peopel will research it and THEN decide.

& FINALLY when i state an OPINION of mine ( a personal or professional one) i wil state is as such. i will say JMO OR JMHO OR I THINK - OR i was told OR i heard..etc..

got it hunny buns?

XRW
cannonfarms

QUOTE 7/27/2007 11:55:58 PM
tox. is a bacteria from cat feces, its only extracted that way and the cats get it by licking their paws or eating mice contaminated, odds of having it are very low, transfer to humans and pregnant peeps are the only ones at slight risk
rescuewench

QUOTE 7/27/2007 11:58:42 PM

Quote cannonfarms:

tox. is a bacteria from cat feces, its only extracted that way and the cats get it by licking their paws or eating mice contaminated, odds of having it are very low, transfer to humans and pregnant peeps are the only ones at slight risk

gee seems pen is INCORRECT again.

thank you both for finding out teh facts about this issue .

NOW anyone want to keep on about spaying & neutering? or will pen keep baiting us to get he thread locked?

huuummm.

goldengal

QUOTE 7/28/2007 12:04:04 AM

Quote rescuewench:

quote hunny buns "someone else may feed your animals all the raw chickens you wish, just do not cry to me when they are facing charges for what their animal did to their neighbor's toddler."

OMG LMAOO i am ROLLING on teh FLOOR!

YOU eat meat do you also eat neighbors children..

( i am beginning to wonder..)
ooooh everyone better watch out for me.

I LOVE meat. Supper without meat is not supper. It is merely rabbit food being passed off as supper.

My one dog has a taste for small animals. He will kill them, and he will enjoy it.

HOWEVER, he knows very well the consequences of letting his teeth close down on my hand. He will not do it. It doesn't matter if I have a treat sticking out of my hand, he will tentatively grab the treat, but if he accidently gets my skin, he backs off before I have time to correct him(which is fine, cause I know he
didn't mean too)

but, the female, who is scared of cats, and pretty much every thing else. She has absolutely no qualms about grabbing for a treat. If she gets my hand, that's fine with her, but she's gonna get the treat.

SO, the point of that is....Sierra, who has absolutely no taste for fresh meat, also has no qualms about biting her "OWNER"(caretaker, actually)

Rocky, who does have a taste for fresh meat, will not even consider biting me.

Not to mention that I still haven't eaten anyboy(yet *evil grin*)
cannonfarms

QUOTE 7/28/2007 12:04:21 AM
almighty Rw, please give me your OP on neutering this little guy when he gets his leg removed, the funds dont cover it, but i have some people still offering little donations and if they are enough i would like to go ahead and get it done.
With all your years as a vet tech and in the rescue biz i would really apreciate if you would give me your guidance please.
penkitten

QUOTE 7/28/2007 12:22:10 AM

Quote rescuewench:

gee seems pen is INCORRECT again.

thank you both for finding out teh facts about this issue .

NOW anyone want to keep on about spaying & neutering? or will pen keep baiting us to get he thread locked?

huuummm.

toxoplasmosis
http://www.cdc.gov/NCIDOD/dpd/parasites/toxoplasmosis/factsht_toxoplasmosis.htm#spread

the percentage of a newborn being infected might be slight, but when you know someone who was infected by it, and was born blind with a heart defect from it, you tend to remember that cats get it from eating raw meat.
that is why a lot of obgyn's urge pregnant mothers not to handle kitty litter during pregnancy.
penkitten

QUOTE 7/28/2007 12:23:25 AM

Quote goldengal:

ooooh everyone better watch out for me.

I LOVE meat. Supper without meat is not supper. It is merely rabbit food being passed off as supper.

My one dog has a taste for small animals. He will kill them, and he will enjoy it.

HOWEVER, he knows very well the consequences of letting his teeth close down on my hand. He will not do it. It doesn't matter if I have a treat sticking out of my hand, he will tentatively grab the treat, but if he accidently gets my skin, he backs off before I have time to correct him(which is fine, cause I know he
didn't mean too)

but, the female, who is scared of cats, and pretty much every thing else. She has absolutely no qualms about grabbing for a treat. If she gets my hand, that's fine with her, but she's gonna get the treat.

SO, the point of that is....Sierra, who has absolutely no taste for fresh meat, also has no qualms about biting her "OWNER"(caretaker, actually)

Rocky, who does have a taste for fresh meat, will not even consider biting me.

Not to mention that I still haven't eaten anyboy(yet *evil grin*)
sounds like you have good dogs.
rescuewench

QUOTE 7/28/2007 12:23:36 AM
and what does ANY of that have to do with raw fod? its CAT CRAP - .

DUH even KIBBLE fed cat crap.

did you READ what you wrote??
rescuewench

QUOTE 7/28/2007 12:24:25 AM

and thsi THREAD is ABOUT EARLY SPAY & NEUTER .. can you comprehend THAT hunny buns?
goldengal

QUOTE 7/28/2007 12:28:15 AM

Quote penkitten:

sounds like you have good dogs.
except for Sierra trying to take my hand off.

Oh well I love her even if she is a ditz.

Sorry RW, I will try to not hijack the thread.
rescuewench

QUOTE 7/28/2007 12:32:29 AM
GG dont worry she (it) is baiting us i got caught up in in too.

the thread is dead now , i assumeit will be locked by morning.
OH well

GG its NOT your fault its pens.

and its a shame so MUCH good info posted will be 20 pages back soon.

:(

thminis

QUOTE 7/28/2007 12:33:00 AM

Quote goldengal:

except for Sierra trying to take my hand off.

Oh well I love her even if she is a ditz.

Sorry RW, I will try to not hijack the thread.
Don't think RW meant you about the original hijack.
cannonfarms

QUOTE 7/28/2007 12:38:28 AM
What about ELvis make him an it now or later?
rescuewench

QUOTE 7/28/2007 12:39:24 AM
may as well make himin teh thread now.. :) LOL
cannonfarms

QUOTE 7/28/2007 12:42:35 AM
heck at least it has something to do with speuter, its the best i could do to try and save the thread...lol..
rescuewench

QUOTE 7/28/2007 12:48:18 AM

not bad!!
miarob

QUOTE 7/28/2007 11:35:27 AM

Quote penkitten:

toxoplasmosis
http://www.cdc.gov/NCIDOD/dpd/parasites/toxoplasmosis/factsht_toxoplasmosis.htm#spread

the percentage of a newborn being infected might be slight, but when you know someone who was infected by it, and was born blind with a heart defect from it, you tend to remember that cats get it from eating raw meat.
that is why a lot of obgyn's urge pregnant mothers not to handle kitty litter during pregnancy.
I would think this is Bowser sneaking in if it hadn't been for posting this dog gone link. Shoot, I was busy building my case
Post Reply New Topic