MORE spay neuter statistics

MORE spay neuter statistics

beaglebrat

QUOTE 7/26/2007 9:45:38 AM
I hate making this argument, because I do think most pet people SHOULD get their dogs spay/neteured..... but......

RW I would call you a liar if you tell me that you have NEVER heard of a person losing their female dog while being spayed or complications after a spay.

To THOSE DOGS it is SPAYING that causes them 100% mortality rate.

IT IS NOT ALWAYS A SIMPLE PROCEDURE. People should be aware. That's what I am saying.
miarob

QUOTE 7/26/2007 9:56:40 AM
"It should be easy for people with just a Dog or two to keep them contained and safe from sexual activity."

Things it 'should' be easy for humans to do but don't:

1. Drive with both hans on the wheel.
2. Have children they can afford to care for and not expect the goverment to pay for.
3.Buy only what they can afford, ie; live within their means.
4. Respect their neighbours right to a noise free inviorment.
5. Keep their kids safe at home and on the street.
6. Keep their animals safe at home and OFF the street.

ect. ect. ect...........

Bottom line, humans ARE human! Spay/neuter early
penkitten

QUOTE 7/26/2007 6:13:04 PM

Quote beaglebrat:

Again, I am not disagreeing with spay/neutering. I just don't think it should be done so early.

I AM ENTITLED TO MY OPINION LAST I CHECKED.

I have also heard of female dogs that were spayed early being dropped at shelters because the CONSTANTLY LEAK URINE all over the house.

Again, I have owned many bitches and none have developed pyometra or ANY type of cancer and I own a breed susceptible to cancers of all kinds.

You know if every girl or woman had a COMPLETE HYSTERECTOMY at age 2 months they would be a lot less likely to develop female reproductive cancer too?

Same goes for boys being castrated. I bet they wouldn't develop testicular cancer. Lets all whack them at 2 months too.

Are any of you going to reduce the risk to your children by doing that? No.

There would also be a lot less unwanted pregnancies. Lets do it folks! You all first...lol.

Every one likes to just BLINDLY SAY spay/neuter spay/neuter because those are 'harmless terms'. What you are really doing to these YOUNG BABIES ARE COMPLETE HYSTERECTOMIES and CASTRATION. There can be serious side effects including death.

On another large forum at least once a month some one comes on CRYING that they lost usually a female dog to spaying. And every one is sorry. I am sorry, but they should have also been VERY AWARE that it is a MAJOR SURGERY which also carries grave risks.

i wouldn't want to spay or neuter mine too early either.
i have also heard of female dogs being dropped at shelter's from leaking urine on the floors.
rescuewench

QUOTE 7/27/2007 11:08:34 AM

Quote beaglebrat:

I hate making this argument, because I do think most pet people SHOULD get their dogs spay/neteured..... but......

RW I would call you a liar if you tell me that you have NEVER heard of a person losing their female dog while being spayed or complications after a spay.

IT IS NOT ALWAYS A SIMPLE PROCEDURE. People should be aware. That's what I am saying.

i have heard peopel dying from going under gas at teh dentist office, so shold no one go to teh dentist? or tehdoctor? peopel die during childbirth, so no more getting preggers

you are NOW getting petundant. and its annoying

any time ANYONE goes under you are at risk.

you can also did in a car accident so i am sure you dont drive right?

donet smoke?
drink?

dont walk across busy street?

you are comparing apples & oranges

and the staticts are VERY low of an animal dying fromgetting altered.

teh entire 10 years as a vet tech i saw ONE dog die while under and we revived him.

my OWN dog died while under getting a broken fang replacedd with a implant.

(common in working dogs (active working & k9's)
he was also revived.

your OPINION means NOTHING to me , - if theer was ANYTHING i could do to MAKE you have to work full time, as a euth tech, in a high kill shelter for one year i would do it. i wonder if your views would change then.

rescuewench

QUOTE 7/27/2007 11:10:18 AM

Quote penkitten:

i wouldn't want to spay or neuter mine too early either.
i have also heard of female dogs being dropped at shelter's from leaking urine on the floors.

i dont supose you READ all the links i posted at all?

OR did any research on this?

ignorance is NO excuse in this day and age of the WWW.

goldengal

QUOTE 7/27/2007 12:26:04 PM
Beagle, I am curious. What breed of dog do you have??

Two breeds that I have heard of being very susceptible to cancer is Flat-Coated Retrievers and Otter Hounds.

Is either of those your breed?

Sorry to sound snoopy but I'm curious. Especially if it's Flat-Coats.
thminis

QUOTE 7/27/2007 12:55:06 PM

Quote goldengal:

Two breeds that I have heard of being very susceptible to cancer is Flat-Coated Retrievers and Otter Hounds.

I also don't know the breed(s) Beagle has, but Boxers are also very prone to cancer.

And actually, the dog I've most recently seen go into heat the youngest was a 6.5 month old Boxer.
rescuewench

QUOTE 7/27/2007 2:31:53 PM

Quote goldengal:

she wont tell you.

she advertises on teh internet but is "concerned about being stalked"

so wont post on the board her breed OR even pics of any of her titled champions. or her "wonderful puppys"

things that make ya go huuuuummmmmm

zoesmum

QUOTE 7/27/2007 4:22:53 PM
Makes you kind of wish that more people would get spayed or neutered ... sometimes the earlier the better!
penkitten

QUOTE 7/27/2007 6:09:03 PM

Quote beaglebrat:

exactly
penkitten

QUOTE 7/27/2007 6:11:00 PM

Quote miarob:

"It should be easy for people with just a Dog or two to keep them contained and safe from sexual activity."

Things it 'should' be easy for humans to do but don't:

1. Drive with both hans on the wheel.
2. Have children they can afford to care for and not expect the goverment to pay for.
3.Buy only what they can afford, ie; live within their means.
4. Respect their neighbours right to a noise free inviorment.
5. Keep their kids safe at home and on the street.
6. Keep their animals safe at home and OFF the street.

ect. ect. ect...........

Bottom line, humans ARE human! Spay/neuter early
those are all really great petowner and breeder tips.
why isn't that on all the "good breeder" check lists?
penkitten

QUOTE 7/27/2007 6:17:36 PM

Quote rescuewench:

i dont supose you READ all the links i posted at all?

OR did any research on this?

ignorance is NO excuse in this day and age of the WWW.

i will not read any links about feeding any house pet, such as dogs and cats, raw meat as i find it disturbing, and inhumane.
i think that animals eating raw food, would be more likely to turn on their owners and small children for the taste of blood.

someone else may feed your animals all the raw chickens you wish, just do not cry to me when they are facing charges for what their animal did to their neighbor's toddler.

zoesmum

QUOTE 7/27/2007 6:53:57 PM

Quote penkitten:

i will not read any links about feeding any house pet, such as dogs and cats, raw meat as i find it disturbing, and inhumane.
i think that animals eating raw food, would be more likely to turn on their owners and small children for the taste of blood.

someone else may feed your animals all the raw chickens you wish, just do not cry to me when they are facing charges for what their animal did to their neighbor's toddler.

Does eating meat make you want to run over and eat your neighbour? Or if you don't eat meat, do your neighbours try to run over and eat you?

That argument that raw meat will make your dogs crave blood is ridiculous - and totally unfounded.

It is ok that you don't want o feel your dogs raw meat, no one says you have to. Don't try to knock other people who believe that it is the BEST thing for their animals.

What is so disturbing about raw meat? I really don't get it ... and inhumane? This is the same meat that the majority of people in the US and Canada eat ... not inhumane at all ...

I don't get your argument!?!?!
penkitten

QUOTE 7/27/2007 7:25:21 PM
i never said that other people could not do as they please with their own pets.
other people should do whatever they feel is right with their pet, just as you should.
i just gave my opinion.
zoesmum

QUOTE 7/27/2007 8:39:10 PM
Refresher - "i will not read any links about feeding any house pet, such as dogs and cats, raw meat as i find it disturbing, and inhumane.
i think that animals eating raw food, would be more likely to turn on their owners and small children for the taste of blood - NOT TRUE

"someone else may feed your animals all the raw chickens you wish, just do not cry to me when they are facing charges for what their animal did to their neighbor's toddler."

This is not "an opinion" it is a statement - and it is blatantly untrue.

I am not an argument starter, but I get quite upset when I read things that are not well researched, and are then stated as facts.

Just realize that sometimes when you say things, people who don't know any better will read it and might believe it. Making statements that aren't true really doesn't help anyone.

This forum is supposed to help people, and is also a place to state opinions. Saying things like "don't come cry to me when your dog hurts your neighbours kid" - these kinds of things happen because of bad owners and training, NOT because the dog happens to be fed raw food.

You don't have to read threads if you don't want to - but then realize that very few people will listen to anything you have to say, because you are unwilling to see any one else's points of view!
penkitten

QUOTE 7/27/2007 11:23:51 PM

Quote zoesmum:

Refresher - "i will not read any links about feeding any house pet, such as dogs and cats, raw meat as i find it disturbing, and inhumane.
i think that animals eating raw food, would be more likely to turn on their owners and small children for the taste of blood - NOT TRUE

"someone else may feed your animals all the raw chickens you wish, just do not cry to me when they are facing charges for what their animal did to their neighbor's toddler."

This is not "an opinion" it is a statement - and it is blatantly untrue.

I am not an argument starter, but I get quite upset when I read things that are not well researched, and are then stated as facts.

Just realize that sometimes when you say things, people who don't know any better will read it and might believe it. Making statements that aren't true really doesn't help anyone.

This forum is supposed to help people, and is also a place to state opinions. Saying things like "don't come cry to me when your dog hurts your neighbours kid" - these kinds of things happen because of bad owners and training, NOT because the dog happens to be fed raw food.

You don't have to read threads if you don't want to - but then realize that very few people will listen to anything you have to say, because you are unwilling to see any one else's points of view!
above in my posts i said "i think"
because that is what i think and it is my opinion. it is a statement that i made because of my opinion on it. thats all. there is no need to flame me for having an opinion.

in my opinion, i am not the one who is unwilling to listen to any one else's point of view.

i am new to this forum, however, i already see that on this forum, if you have an opinion that is not the same as RESCUEWENCH then she belittles you. no matter what you say in your own defense, she tries to choke her beliefs down your throat and when you stand up for yourself by saying "its just my opinion, you can do whatever you please with your own animal, then other members, such as yourself, decide that i am the one that caused the flaming in the first place.

however to be fair, i did look up the pros and cons of pets having an all raw diet and that cats are prone to getting toxoplasmosis by raw meat.http://www.listnow.com/helpingpaws/articles/article_125.html

toxoplasmosis can affect unborn babies, and the mother's do not even notice that they have come into contact with it.
toxoplasmosis can cause birth defects in these unborn babies.

cannonfarms

QUOTE 7/27/2007 11:37:41 PM
Ok, my turn.
Dogs and cats fed raw meat doesnt make them blood thirsty. I feed my danes,gsds and little dogs raw, chicken, yet live ones manage to live here, now a starving dog or one with high prey drive are what kill.

Please look at some facts on www.rawfed.com if you dont want to dont come crying to me when the pet food companies poison your dogs, after all fda allows the euthinazia drug into the foods.

I dont need to preach my op about you and what your mom does, but you do need to learn more facts about raw before you make old wives tails statments about it, they have a whole myths section just for busting those.
Dogs, pack animals. pack leader feeds the pack and does the hunting, pack is happy with whats gaven, dogs without a pack that dont get meat are more likly to kill than one that does. When the need is met, the dog is satisfied and no longer feels the urge to kill.
Please read as most people here have at least looked at the site and may not agree in feeding raw, but know better than that.
rescuewench

QUOTE 7/27/2007 11:42:51 PM

Quote penkitten:

what ERA do you live in hunny buns?

you seem to know abousoultly NOTHING about animal husbantry at all.
its amazing.

its like your bowwow in drag.

( hummmm)

anyway..

teh kibble your feding is filledwith RENDERED PETS - do you know what that is ?

its dead dogs & cats & rabbits etc from vets offices , puppy mills etc.

including teh poison used to kill them.

its hooves , eyeballs, and teh 4 D's
( look that up )

you will enjoy the 4 D'd of commercial dogs food.

you REALLY need to do more researching before speaking so you sould like you actualy know *ANYTHING* about *ANYTHING* concerning animals.

well you are amusing that is for sure.

happy now hunny buns?

read this:

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines02/0106-04.htm

http://iml.jou.ufl.edu/projects/Spring04/Perhach/PetFood/Processing.htm

( and i waste my time as i am sure you wont BOTHER to read it- why deal with FACTS when you can asily listen to your great grandmothers superstitions ( BTW kibble has only been around about 50 years -) what do you think dogs were fed PRIOR to that??

DUH!!

did you READ the links ? you can research them too- NOW do you think that nice round hard kibble is so MUCH "nicer " that raw food that i assume you cook & eat yourself?

you have a LOT to learn hunnybuns and would learn a LOT faster if you werent so busy having a rod up your tukus.

and you hijacked a THREAD ABOUT SPAY & NEUTER to try to start a raw feeding war.

rescuewench

QUOTE 7/27/2007 11:44:52 PM

Quote zoesmum:

Makes you kind of wish that more people would get spayed or neutered ... sometimes the earlier the better!
a DEAR friend of mine has always insisted we ARE altering the WRONG species ...
i have to agree with her ..

rescuewench

QUOTE 7/27/2007 11:46:11 PM

Quote beaglebrat:

arent you a "PET PEOPLE" ?? yet you breed ...
so what makes you so "special"??
Post Reply New Topic