Africa Puppy Scam

Africa Puppy Scam

desta24

QUOTE 2/10/2008 7:24:41 PM

Quote michellelowes:

Buyer beware in the last 3 days i have been scammed approx. 4 times by people in Africa.
They would like me to send money via western union in the amount of $150-$2100
all of the people claimed to be Rev. Pastors, or missionaries.The scammers have gone so far as to send pictures,and to call.

I will post some of the emails.
the first contact was with this lady

I am really sorry because we have just given out our last puppies and would not have another pups until next year 2008. But l would say you're lucky to have mailed at this time because the puppies has just been placed on adoption by one of my customers, who went on a missionary work transfer to lagos, Nigeria, West Africa.He is giving the puppy up for adoption because he cant take good care of the puppy due to his busy and tight state of work.All he wants is someone thats homely and with a good christian home to adopt this young and lovely human best friend. he will give you a full details, pictures of puppy and the fast shipping arrangements.you are assured for the quality breed because the puppy has a Current vaccinations,Vet Exams.,Health cert. and guarantee( 1yr),potty trained and home raised and socialized for tremendous attitude, excellent temperament, super trainability and has that special people pleasing personality.he has an incredible high rate of learning with a delightful elegance of structure and a beautiful breed type and with AKC Registries.
If you are able to email him via : pastorxxxxxxxxxx@yahoo.com l am sure you would be lucky to have this puppy in your home,please tell him you are from me and he will be happy to give the puppy to you and if you have any question, feel free to ask.

Thanks and good luck

Here's an e-mail I recieved back after contacting an ad on livedeal.com for a yorkie puppy for just $200 bucks!! I was suspicious and so I carried on and investigated only to find such terrible news!!! I have asked livedeal to cancel this ad so hopefully they get rid of it. This is the e-mail:

Thanks for your interest towards my puppy.May the peace of the Lord be with you.I quite
appreciate your great interest towards my puppy.Lily is AKC registered 12wks presently,well
trained and up till date with all her shots,also vet checked and medically certified.Good with
kids and other pets.I am presently in the west African states.I was recently transfered to
Lagos,NIGERIA 23401 on a missionary trip.Due to that its my first time of coming here,I needed
someone to keep me company.I came along with Lily to keep my company.Presently my busy schedules
and travels allover this place is not given me the chance to take care of Lily.I am really not
happy about adopting Lily out and Lily is not happy but really have no choice.I have prayed to
God about this and i still waiting for the right person to take perfect care of Lily for me..I
will be giving Lily for free but $200 has to be paid for shipment.You will have to email me your
full shipping information which includes your full name and address,city,state,zip code,telephone
number and the nearest international airport to you if interested in giving Lily a good home.Also
give me a possibility and prove that Lily will be care for.Hoping to hear from you

May God Bless You
PASTOR XXXXXXXXXXXX

edited

desta24

QUOTE 2/10/2008 7:27:11 PM
I am now screwing around with a scam out of Lake Onterio Canada, same thing, here's the e-mail:

Hi Rachel, Good morning and thanks for the email, We are not selling them because all we will prefer to give them to people who can offer a very loving and caring home to them, but for one reason or the other they can not afford the high cost of purchasing just a pup rather than giving them to a very wealthy family who might just can not take proper care of them.
We will have no reason taking them back if you do assure us that you are going to spoil them with much love and care. All what we will be asking for them will be and adoption fee of $250 each rather than selling them for $1500 to people who may be rich but not very capable to take proper care of these cuties.
We are currently in Ontario, Canada for our research program and I think it may be very inconvenient to for you to come over here and get them, in which case we will have to ship them back to the US same way we got them transported over here.
We really regret giving them up for adoption now, because we really loved to be with them and spoil them with much love and care but now its rather unfortunate that we are carried away by our research program and we do not have much time to take care of them and spoil them with much love and care that they deserve.
Rachel, we are happy that you have promised us that you are going to take proper care of them and we hope that you will never disappoint us by betraying the trust that we have built for you.
Rachel, to be sincere to you, we will only let you take them both if you promise us that you will be able to take good care of both of them. Just get back to us so that we will let you know all what is requite for the shipping arrangements and how much it will you cost as well.
We hope to read from you once more and do have a great day.
Thanks,
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.

this is the real scam people, be sure to watch out for terrible spelling, poor grammer, and unfortunatly, God fearing folk!!

I tagged both of these scammers just this las Friday, so beware, it isn't over yet!!
Rachel

Please do not post personal information on this forum.
heathernc1980

QUOTE 2/24/2009 9:56:37 PM
i am soooooo very glad that i came across this site and forum while just moments later i would have lost $200 for a teacup chihuahua in africa to a person claiming to be a missionary! they oughta be ashamed of themselves doing people like that! thank you so much to everyone who had posted about the puppy scam! i typed in puppies shipped from africa in a search engine and got this!!! i was actually leary of the response i received from the so called missionaries and thought i'd do a little research....and boy am i glad i did!! thanks to all!
snowangl317

QUOTE 2/24/2009 10:54:41 PM
All of this can be avoided if you only buy from local, reputable breeders. Never buy a dog from a person that will ship the dog, it is very unhealthy and can be harmful, especially from long distances. Any pet you can pay for with a credit card online is 99.99% of the time not a pet you want as your own and is usually from people who care nothing about the pets, only $$$. The are many things you should look for in a breeder, but the best and simplest rule of thumb is to only purchase a pet once you have seen it in person. While this is true, remember that pet stores DO NOT get their puppies from reputable breeders and the puppies are most often from puppy mills and not socialized correctly and can have many health problems down the road. Please do your research before dishing out money for a pet, it should never be a radical on the spot decision.
jeanniemcd

QUOTE 3/16/2009 6:49:32 PM
They tried to scam me too !!! I went on the web to try to find cheaper shipping. When I googled shipping puppies from West Africa I found this site. Thanks so much to everyone who took the time to post, you just saved me $800. Because I had already made up my mind to take both "babies". This is the message "Hope" sent me.
Hello,
Thanks for your interest. First of all, I must thank my living Lord for I found an intending parent for my babies, I also give thanks to the breeder that directed you to me. I`m giving them out for adoption. They are 2 months old and akc registered, all their shots are up to date, health guarantee and health certificate. I have a male and his name is Andy while the female name is Kate, they are both very good with kids and love to play a lot this is one of their many character and they are both potty trained. I will like you to know that i am giving them out for adoption. You will only pay for their shipping fee which will cost you $400 for one puppy or $800 for the two puppies. Me and my husband got relocated to west Africa recently and could not take care of the babies anymore. I want a great home for them because they are my real babies and the weather here is not conducive for them that is why I want to get them out as soon as possible and I will be very happy if you will be one to take them as your babies. I never wanted to sell them but the weather here in West Africa is not helping matter at all. The puppies are very healthy. If you are interested kindly get back to me asap. See their pictures on attachment
I will always remember you in my daily prayers.
Thanks and God bless you
Hope
angelboos

QUOTE 3/29/2009 12:02:18 PM
Thank god I came across this site! I was just about to fall for their pomeranian scam. I found this site http://www.ripoffreport.com And was horrified to see the SAME word for word email on there that I recieved, except the dog breed was changed. But everything else was an exact match. DO NOT FALL FOR IT, I almost did, and I think its just discusting people do this kind of thing.
sejansen

QUOTE 4/1/2009 10:03:12 PM
THATS HORIBLE EEE THAT MAKES ME THINK ABOUT oRDERING THIS CHINESE CRESTED!
cheri359

QUOTE 5/9/2009 11:35:58 AM
I recently thought I was getting a pomeranian for free. Just need money for shipping,via western union. I sent that then they requested more for a crate. But they claim to be a women. The ad was posted on Kiji. Same basic story , she is on a missionary in Africa. I'm really upset as I'm on a fixed income, although it isn't as much money as some others have been scammed out of, I haven't heard from her since thrusday, when she sent info stating she lost the flight info and would get back to me. mmmmm I'm wondering still if she is legit or not. I guess if I get no reponse by tommorrow I'll know I've been scammed,.plz let me know if any others have this same story as mine. I have xxxxxxxxx edited
cheri359

QUOTE 5/11/2009 2:49:45 PM
I posted on Saturday, I believed I had been scammed. Well she got a hold of me today. Seems she was hostipalize this weekend, therefore unable to e-mail. So I will see if the dog arrives on thrusday. If I get the dog I will be really happy. If anything I've learned is to be leary of sending money via western union.
adriana047

QUOTE 5/13/2009 10:41:59 PM
This is First E-mail
- Response: $200 English Bull Dog Female 14 weeks old

Greetings There,

Thanks for the mail and interest in the little girl. I am sorry for the
late response,we were busy trying to get some stuffs for our new home..
First of all here are a few pics of her,hope you like her . She is 8
weeks old and her name Deby.Deby is our darling angel. We love her so
much but its unfortunate that we cant even give her the love and
affection we have in our hearts for her. We are on a volunteer mission
to Cameroon together with the UN malaria committee ,in regards to the
disease in pregnant women and children. We traveled down here together
with Deby and my daughter.

edited
adriana047

QUOTE 5/13/2009 10:43:40 PM
2nd e-mail

We would like to know ,when are you expecting her home? I will
like if everything is done as soon as possible because she is going
through hard times without family-love and that`s not fair for the
little girl. Also i pay $10 daily for her sanitation,orientation and
feeding. That precisely is not my problem ,what matters to me is that
she should be home and feel at home. So you will have to get back to me with the following shipping details so that we can proceed with the re-homing of her asap

Your full name.................?
State.........................?
country.......................?
Your phone number.............?
Nearest airport...............?
adriana047

QUOTE 5/13/2009 10:44:50 PM
3rd e-mail

Hello
Thanks for the mail i am very sorry for the late reply to your mail.i am just back from the Airport and they said if there is any flight today they will Email you so that Deby can be ship to you Today so as soon as you hear from the airline get back to me.so please promise me that you are going to be taking good care of Deby and be sending me updated pics let me see if you are really taking good care of her.i will be waiting to read back from you as soon as possible
have a nice day and stay bless
Thanks
Pastor
adriana047

QUOTE 5/13/2009 10:47:00 PM
AND this is the Email from the " Cameroon Airline "
IF THE ABOVE ADDRESS IS CONFIRMED. PAYMENT HAS TO BE MADE BEFORE WE PROCEED FLIGHT. IF PAYMENT IS MADE IN TIME, YOUR PUPPY WILL GET ON THE PLANE TODAY BUT IF NOT THEN YOU WILL HAVE IT SHIPPED TOMORROW ON THE FIRST AVAILABLE FLIGHT TO YOUR LOCATION AND WE WILL E-MAIL YOU THE DETAILS OF THE FLIGHT AS SOON AS THE PLANE IS SET TO DEPART. BELOW IS THE WESTERN UNION ADDRESS OF OUR CASHIER #1. YOU JUST HAVE TO GO TO A WESTERN UNION STORE AT YOUR LOCATION AND MAKE THE PAYMENT FOR THE FLIGHT AND DELIVERY OF YOUR PUPPY TO US DIRECTLY TO OUR CASHIER #1 TO THE ADDRESS BELOW OR IF YOU FEEL COMFORTABLE WITH PAYING THROUGH CREDIT CARD THEN YOU CAN VISIT THE WESTERN UNION ONLINE STORE AT XXXXXXXXXXXXX AND FOLLOW THE STEPS TO SEND THE PAYMENT TO OUR CASHIER NUMBER 1 ON SEAT. BELOW IS THE ADDRESS TO SEND THE MONEY NOW.
cheri359

QUOTE 5/16/2009 1:56:02 PM
I would be really careful with the website kijiji. I was scammed with a free pomerian. and just the another day i responded to a free chi, just to see if it was also a scam. sure enough it was almost the same letter. remember it it sounds to go to be true it probally isnt' buyer beware
dimpledeana

QUOTE 5/19/2009 3:23:10 PM
I was scammed, however, not in the way that most of you were. I went to a reputable website---Puppyfind.com.
I found an adorable Yorkie that I wanted and clicked on the link, "Contact the Seller." I had asked about the dog for sale and what it looked like now. What I got back was an e-mail talking about the EXACT dog I had inquired of. They told me they were in CHICAGO---NOT AFRICA. I thought everything was going perfectly. They told me that as soon as they got their MONEYGRAM that they would send her. My husband and I waited at the airport for a whole 2 days for NOTHING. We got an email back saying we had to pay 200 dollars more for microchipping since the dog was flying out of state...as well as a vet check at the airport. That's when we KNEW we were scammed. We reported the scam to this website....

http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx

You report the fraud and they get in contact with authorities who can invesitgate and stop the fraud. I feel stupid, but I feel less stupid knowing others are speaking out about it. THESE SCAMMERS SOUND VERY REPUTABLE.
I am still in contact with the SCAM because I want as much information from her as I can....so I can turn it into the FBI.

HOPE THIS HELPS the Helpless out there.
bachan1

QUOTE 5/19/2009 4:40:37 PM

Edited by Gbat1stop
nigpups

QUOTE 5/19/2009 8:37:15 PM
i am very sorry about scam in africa. to be scamed is a very bad thing but what you dont know is that you are contributing in changing many lifes.
your country as grown, ours is depreciating everyday kids grow to become armed robbers while the little educated ones join courtship groups.
when internet scaming started many parent fought against it but later had to let go of there kids mostly does that cant buy atleast two pairs of shoes for there child every year.
many more to say about this but you can make a change in life of does that scam you. quote " we dont scam cause we are wicked but we scam to safe ourselfs from poverty" America is powerful, come and help change our life from what it is now to what we see on the TV

i am very sorry
gbat1stop

QUOTE 5/19/2009 11:08:18 PM

Quote nigpups:

i am very sorry about scam in africa. to be scamed is a very bad thing but what you dont know is that you are contributing in changing many lifes.
your country as grown, ours is depreciating everyday kids grow to become armed robbers while the little educated ones join courtship groups.
when internet scaming started many parent fought against it but later had to let go of there kids mostly does that cant buy atleast two pairs of shoes for there child every year.
many more to say about this but you can make a change in life of does that scam you. quote " we dont scam cause we are wicked but we scam to safe ourselfs from poverty" America is powerful, come and help change our life from what it is now to what we see on the TV

i am very sorry
Poverty is no excuse for stealing. I cannot believe you would make excuses for this sort of behavior.

alicianapier

QUOTE 5/24/2009 7:06:21 PM
This is the E-mail I got the first time from this guy who has actually just gotten done calling me and letting me know I can ship the money anytime nut was in such a hurry to give me the puppies because they are getting sick in Africa.
alicianapier

QUOTE 5/24/2009 7:06:52 PM
Hello Friend,
Thanks for your interest in my yorkies and I am so glad you respond to my email. I want you to know that i and my family(my wife and 3 kids are on a missionary trip to west africa)we are a citizen of the united state we cam along with the 2 Yorkshire Terrier Puppies for our missionary trip in africa Our Good lord as been good to us and we are ready to leave all our Live for him and we are ready to serve him . So later on we notice that the weather here in africa is very very bad for the puppies to sustain here with us on the missionary trip. . I am very glad that you are willing to take care of them and provide them a good and wonderfull home. and we're visiting 5 countries.
We are giving this puppies out for adoption and we owe you many thanks for caring and asking about them.Right now there are so many factor's and the weather is too hot for them and we don't want them to suffer in anyway. We have been praying to have someone who can take good care of them and give them all the love in the world. That's all they want. We're due for more travel to some remote part of west africa and we cannot risk taking them along as we know it will have adverse effect on them, health wise. We have sent you pictures of them, please let us know when you receive it. Can you tell us alittle bit more about you?.
Post Reply New Topic