My chi/pom&malt are going to have pup's

My chi/pom&malt are going to have pup's

hillsidesaints

QUOTE 7/14/2007 5:41:33 PM

Quote ewokian:

6. I disagree... name calling is insulting, it's not instructive. What you have written is quite instructive, and should be more the standard that others follow. I looked at some other subjects posted here, for instance, help, my yorkie had 8 pups? and how do I handle the nutritional needs of this brood. that poor woman was also attacked, very sad. at no point did she indicate that she was pleased with a litter that size, and yet the first statements are, you must be so proud of the money that you'll get,and so much hate and venom..the poor woman didn't put 8 pups in that yorkie, nor did she breed to a german shepard, she has a large litter to deal with and instead of help, she's getting hate....THAT is the attitude that I take exception to! And I agree that creating mutts simply to follow a fad is, if not illegal, at least unethical. But as long as people are willing to pay 'big bucks' it will continue. chi/pom/malt?? I can't even wrap my mind around it! Nor JackaPom, or whatever it was called..what is the end result? a cottonball with ADD? or an overmuscled terrier type with a poofy tail? that climbs trees? hmmmm
But, Ewokian.....WHY did this lady ALLOW her dog to be bred...on either post..this one, or the Yorkie post. In both instances....the OP's should have realized the "what ifs".
Breeding is NOT to be taken lightly....it is not just a matter of putting two dogs together and boom...ya got pups. In both of these posts..it is plainly obvious from the very onset...that these individuals did not have one clue WHAT they were doing. THAT is what everyone is TRYING to get across. If ya don't know...then waiting until AFTER the breeding is done and/or the litter is already on the ground....it's a bit late, don't ya think some more thought should have gone into it in the first place?!?!?!?
T
ewokian

QUOTE 7/15/2007 2:39:15 PM
I think a great deal of thought should have gone into it in the first place. Getting puppies on the ground (or any animal for that matter) is not a challenge, it's an age old story...male with female...boom...offspring. And yes, I am in total agreement that there is no way on God's green earth that a new rare breed has been developed. Nor do I think there will be any sustainable interest and breeding additional litters and developing breeding standards....what I take expection to is the venom.
In the case of this forum, the breeding choice is...well...ridiculous (totally my opinion! and also the opinion of many others, but again, it is opinion.)
In the case of the woman with the yorkie...I have been involved in genetics and breeding for many years...way back from my vet tech studies....in both large animal as well as dogs...and some things simply are NOT predictable. Some females will have large litters in spite of their background breeding. I had a female that was champion bred on both sides, bred to a male that was champion bred, and her first litter when she was 18months should have been 3, maybe 4 at the greatest stretch of the imagination....she had 7!!! ouch!! I did not allow her another litter, but criminy folks....that's a lot of puppies for a toy dog. And comparativley speaking, she never looked overly large, her pregancy was uneventful, she remained active up to the day before delivery. I caught and cleaned and cut the cords, and they just kept coming. 20 years on the job and that was a first....so yes, I have some empathy for that woman. She wanted some instruction, she received hatred.
jazzpup

QUOTE 7/15/2007 9:02:59 PM
I agree almost completly with ewo. everyone needs to stop fighting, and name calling that really ticks me off!
but I feel that you are missing the point. whether it's a mutt or not, there are now puppies that are going to lose their chance at a home, and possibly even life, because of these muttsforbucks.

Finally, the poster of this is probably very hurt by all of the nasty things said. If you disagree, don't be so mean about stating you opinion! Furthermore, before you go screaming at these people, think first of how the dog & puppies can make it through the process safely...answer the question asked before you bite their head off!

Let it be known that I'm upset that this person did not spay their dog! back-yard-breeders should be shown all the dogs in shelters and their sad faces before they try to make a buck through innocent dogs! it was an inconsiderate and stupid thing to do! I hope the dogs all get fixed.
rescuewench

QUOTE 7/17/2007 9:20:07 AM
jazz , are you the message board police now?

i thought that was the mods job?

the odds of ANY of those pups getting altered are slim to none .

the odds of the OP ever altering her pet are slim to none.

the fact her feelings are "hurt" really dosent mean a thing to me -

Consider these facts:

* In six years one female dog and her offspring can be the source of 67,000 puppies.
* In just seven years, one female cat and her young can produce 420,000 kittens.
* There is theoretically no limit to the number of offspring male dogs and cats can produce.
* Every day in the United States, tens of thousands of puppies and kittens are born. Compare this to the *11,000 human births each day, and you can see that there can never be enough homes for all these pets.

THAT is what CONCERNS ME.

miarob

QUOTE 7/17/2007 10:36:02 AM
What is that RW, it's the ANIMALS that your concerned about, what about this poor girls feeeeelings??? That's all that counts in our society, what we feel! Everyone be nice, people that ACT nice are nice, remember, if you weren't a
edited
mja1103

QUOTE 7/17/2007 10:53:57 AM

Quote jazzpup:

I agree almost completly with ewo. everyone needs to stop fighting, and name calling that really ticks me off!
but I feel that you are missing the point. whether it's a mutt or not, there are now puppies that are going to lose their chance at a home, and possibly even life, because of these muttsforbucks.

Finally, the poster of this is probably very hurt by all of the nasty things said. If you disagree, don't be so mean about stating you opinion! Furthermore, before you go screaming at these people, think first of how the dog & puppies can make it through the process safely...answer the question asked before you bite their head off!

Let it be known that I'm upset that this person did not spay their dog! back-yard-breeders should be shown all the dogs in shelters and their sad faces before they try to make a buck through innocent dogs! it was an inconsiderate and stupid thing to do! I hope the dogs all get fixed.
Jazz: Stop name calling? You basically wrapped yours up in semantics. "it was an inconsiderate and stupid thing to do". You've said the same thing that the other posters did! I don't really care if this person's feelings were hurt or not. If she gets her feeling's hurt then she shouldn't go around with her bare feelings hanging out and create the muttmess in the first place!!
rescuewench

QUOTE 7/17/2007 3:16:50 PM

Quote miarob:

What is that RW, it's the ANIMALS that your concerned about, what about this poor girls feeeeelings??? That's all that counts in our society, what we feel! Everyone be nice, people that ACT nice are nice, remember, if you weren't a
edited
indeed, well said .

his friends liked him even though he was a murderer on a massive scale.

lablover63

QUOTE 4/1/2009 12:40:57 PM
DESENDED from the Spitz familyspecifically the sled dogs of Lapland and IcelandPomeranians were originally big, sturdy herders of sheep. Over time, they were bred down to a smaller size, becoming cherished pets of Marie Antoinette, Mozart and (famously) Queen Victoria, whose preference for small Pomeranians created a worldwide demand. During the late 1800s they came to the U.S., and the American Pomeranian Club held its first show in 1911. Ever since, their good temper and small size have made them an enduring favorite in the U.S.

I have two beloved rescue dogs, one Dudley lab and a Jack Russell/Pom mix. I maintain that there is NO SUCH THING AS A PURE-BRED DOG. They all have humble beginnings, just as we as people do.
sejansen

QUOTE 4/1/2009 9:24:13 PM
i think a puppy is a puppy i mean ther cute right! But yea you might have problems with his coat and all. but i like pups so im okay with it! but im not aloud having a "mut" because im a kennel club member and can get kicked out for that!!
jimbob25987

QUOTE 2/11/2010 4:46:55 AM
I've read through most of these comments and am totally disgusted. Who are you disgusting people. Do you think you are special just because you have 'pure breds'. Jesus, get over yourselfs. I'd rather a mutt anyday. i live in Ireland, and i am totally disgusted with everyone that has posted rude comments to that person who was mixing pups. What about it. She is entitled to do what ever she wants as long as it is not affecting her dog, and if people are willing to pay for the pups, so what, all the better for her. I got my boyfriend a lab x last year for his bday, and she is the most intelligent dog we have ever owned. She is just like a human and we'd never ever swop her for any full bred. She was rescued by a farmer who was going to drown all the pups, some woman took them off him, brought them up to 7-8 wks, and sold them on cheap. i think whoever wrote those rude comments about that lady should be put into a shelter themselves with the key thrown away, absolutly disgusting behaviour and attitude.
Post Reply New Topic