My chi/pom&malt are going to have pup's

My chi/pom&malt are going to have pup's

mja1103

QUOTE 6/30/2007 1:40:51 PM

Quote lindethiel54:

my dog is a purebred Jack Russell and the Dad is a pure Pom.there is a site for people with only jackaranians. i will go there where people do not call them mutts. have a great day!
I suggest that's exactly where you go, because I am appalled that you have taken my chosen breed the Pomeranian and created such a muttmess on purpose. You have done NOTHING to better either breed, you have done NOTHING in the way of testing, you have done NOTHING PERIOD! So, quit "jacking" around and go to your "jackaranian" site! What an A**inine name for a MUTT!!!
gbat1stop

QUOTE 6/30/2007 7:18:01 PM

Quote lindethiel54:

my dog is a purebred Jack Russell and the Dad is a pure Pom.there is a site for people with only jackaranians. i will go there where people do not call them mutts. have a great day!
See ya! Bye!
gbat1stop

QUOTE 6/30/2007 7:20:57 PM

Quote lindethiel54:

i never said i was a breeder i said don't bash me cuz i had pups. you are all mean and can go to ----.
You quoted the rules and specifically mentioned rule #2 which says "Do not bash breeders" We assume you are referring to yourself.
gbat1stop

QUOTE 6/30/2007 7:24:44 PM

Quote lindethiel54:

Hey I was so upset that you called my pups mutts that I made an error. 4 boys 2 girls and my JR woke me up when she was ready. Of course you don't sleep thru it. You are there with her. Anyway, what do you get out of being so mean? Is it fun for you? And if you don't mind reading the rules, #2 says do not bash breeders just b/c you don't agree with breeding. If you do please keep it to yourself. thanks again
Yes honey, your puppies are MUTTS! I do not care what kind of parents they came from whether Champion or not, STD tested or not, perfect temperment or not, THEY ARE MUTTS!

There is absolutely no such breed as a Jackaranian or Pomarussel. These names are made up in the minds of idiots who believe they have invented a new breed so they can sell their mutts for big bux!
lindethiel54

QUOTE 7/10/2007 3:05:37 PM
nice. the moderator is as messed up as the rest of the people here. I should think you would try and set an example.
gbat1stop

QUOTE 7/10/2007 3:35:38 PM

Quote lindethiel54:

nice. the moderator is as messed up as the rest of the people here. I should think you would try and set an example.
Messed up? Why because I chose to spay my Pom mix rather than breed her with the first available male to make a few bucks?

Set an example? So, you think I should back you in your breeding of MUTTS?

Check the AKC and show me where a Jackaroo or Pomarussell is a recognized breed and I will kindly appologize as will all other members of this forum.

Until you prove these to be an actual breed, I see that you are the one who is messed up.

foxfire_ga79

QUOTE 7/10/2007 4:36:07 PM

Quote lindethiel54:

Messed up is seeing mutts die in shelters by the thousands and still thinking it's Ok to bring in more for no good reason.
lganio

QUOTE 7/10/2007 4:42:36 PM

Quote foxfire_ga79:

Messed up is seeing mutts die in shelters by the thousands and still thinking it's Ok to bring in more for no good reason.
Moderator or not, she wasn't being "messed up." She was stating the facts and/or her opinion. Both of these are allowed.
muttmom

QUOTE 7/11/2007 1:17:15 AM
*sigh* Guys, i think we're all missing something here, a big something. Didnt she basically say she wasnt coming back because we were mean to her and her Jackawhatsit puppies? Yet...she still hangs around and throws her two cents in here and there. I guess she didnt like the Pomadizzle boards either
ewokian

QUOTE 7/11/2007 7:34:02 PM
WOw, I read every comment made in here, and I have to admit, I am stunned! The venom that has been tossed around is totally amazing. It's certainly fine for everyone to have an opinion, and I would never suggest that you're not entitled to it, but opinion DOES NOT mean correctness. Nor does AKC mean the final word on dog standards. I don't discount that they have done a tremendous job of promoting standards within breeds, but do keep in mind, there are plenty of wonderful dog breeds that have yet to be recongnized by the AKC or even just recently recongnized by AKC. As example, the Havanese was not accepted for quite some time, but finally was allowed by AKC. This is just one example. This does not make any of these dogs any less important. And honestly, I've seen plenty of purebred dogs at dog shelters as well. So being a purebred AKC recongized animal does not guarantee a happy life amongst your new family. Sometimes mutts have the better life. I have owned both purebred and rescued mutts, and I have loved and cared for both equally.
It's a sad commentary on our society if we determine the amount of love that we will give by the amount of money that is paid for a puppy.
mja1103

QUOTE 7/11/2007 9:18:45 PM

Quote ewokian:

WOw, I read every comment made in here, and I have to admit, I am stunned! The venom that has been tossed around is totally amazing. It's certainly fine for everyone to have an opinion, and I would never suggest that you're not entitled to it, but opinion DOES NOT mean correctness. Nor does AKC mean the final word on dog standards. I don't discount that they have done a tremendous job of promoting standards within breeds, but do keep in mind, there are plenty of wonderful dog breeds that have yet to be recongnized by the AKC or even just recently recongnized by AKC. As example, the Havanese was not accepted for quite some time, but finally was allowed by AKC. This is just one example. This does not make any of these dogs any less important. And honestly, I've seen plenty of purebred dogs at dog shelters as well. So being a purebred AKC recongized animal does not guarantee a happy life amongst your new family. Sometimes mutts have the better life. I have owned both purebred and rescued mutts, and I have loved and cared for both equally.
It's a sad commentary on our society if we determine the amount of love that we will give by the amount of money that is paid for a puppy.
It isn't the amount of money that's been spent on a puppy. It's the fact that people are INTENTIONALLY breeding mutts, slapping some ridiculous name on them, and charging outrageous prices. These muttsforbucks breeders are stuck on stupid and do nothing more than create a muttmess for someone else to clean up. Shelters and rescues are overflowing with "designer" doggies who have been dumped because the new owners don't have a clue as to what they got themselves into.
angiewho107

QUOTE 7/12/2007 12:23:45 PM
When you bring her in for her c-section get her spayed give away the puppies to homes with signed contract to have them spayed/neutered and enjoy the time you have left with your girl. They say that with each litter you take 2 years off your dogs life so here hoping you took everything said with a grain of salt. Realised that dogs are not to make money with but to be loved mutt, crossbreed or purebred. Sit back relax take care of your girl and her babies, find a new vet who works for the betterment of the animals he cares for not the enlargement of his pocketbook and have a life of ease.

1) breeding two dogs not of the same breed is not a new breed

2) Genetic and physical testing as well as temperment testing should be done prior to breeding

3)homes should be found prior to breeding

4) Breeds do not need to be AKC to be a breed but must be established by a breed club and several generations of true breeding of pure stock.

5) argueing makes people ignore you try giving advice in a friendly manor it is much more likely to be taken seriously and not ignored.
gsdcrazy

QUOTE 7/12/2007 5:12:02 PM

Quote ewokian:

Hey...when you come in out of left field let us know...maybe you should RE-READ the posts again...cuz you completely missed the point
gsdcrazy

QUOTE 7/12/2007 5:13:40 PM
JACKARANIANS????

OMG Haaa haaa haaa!!!!!

WTF?????
ewokian

QUOTE 7/13/2007 4:16:05 PM
Coming in out of left field is not about to happen with the attitude that is displayed here. Easily the point is recognized. Instead of answering the question that was posed in the first place (how do I know if my dog is ready to deliver), a new issue was created (don't make mutts!) In order to substantiate the issue, several assumption were made.
1. any dog not recognized by the AKC is a mutt
2. anyone not breeding to AKC standards (again assuming this registry is the only standard) is an idiot
3. only muttmess dogs end up at animal shelters
4. only owners of muttmess dogs don't know what they are getting into as far as temperment or confirmation is concerned.
5. only a handful of people in this forum know what they are talking about
6. this is meant to be a means to insult people rather than instruct.

IF all of these things are accepted as true and are the standard operating procedure, then kudos to you....you're dead on.

On the other hand I have seen
1. other registrys that are not AKC
2. seen wonderful dogs bred to the standard of those registries
3. seen many beautiful purebred dogs at the shelter (adopted one myself)
4. seen owners of purebred dogs neglect them
5. talked with many people outside this forum (and within it) that do know what they are talking about and
6. have seen the rules that suggest this is not meant to be a place to hurl insults.

So, if this belief system sets me in left field, guess I'll simply enjoy the view from where I am...thanks so much
goldengal

QUOTE 7/13/2007 4:45:50 PM
You are right, there are breeds out there that are not registered by the AKC. Ya wanna know something else???

Not only is the Jackaranian(and whatever else it's called) not registered by the AKC, it's not even a breed.

You cannot take dogs of two seperate breeds, breed them together, and wala! have a breed.

If that was the case then our lab/aussie should have been called a Labrador Shepherd or Australian Retriever.
While doing that, we will ignore the fact that another lab/aussie mix, looks so completely different then ours that most people wouldn't believe they were the same mix.

There are many other people on here who can explain it much better than me, and I hope that they do.

But the bottom line is that we are not against mixes or mutts or JRT/Pom mixes. We are against people who intentionally breed them.
goldengal

QUOTE 7/13/2007 4:49:53 PM
oh and I really must add.

If you get a dog from a RB(reputable breeder) 99.9% of the time you will know what your dogs temperament will most likely be.

If you get a purebred from a BYB(backyard breeder) or a puppymill chances are you will not know what kind of temperament you are getting.

Trust me, if there are BYBs on here that breed purebreds, they get jumped on too.
mja1103

QUOTE 7/13/2007 5:43:50 PM
First of all: Mao addressed the OP's question quite adequately on page one. Second of all: There weren't "assumptions" made. The FACT is that the OP purposely produced mutts which is disgraceful. Now I'd like to give my opinion on your points:
1. Any dog not recognized by a reputable registry such as the AKC, UKC, or CKC (Canadian) is probably questionable. There are definitely junk registries that will, as someone once said, register a rat in a shower cap. To know if the puppy you purchase is from a reputable, responsible breeder then the necessary questions need to be asked and answered.
2. Anyone not breeding to the standard or breeding to better the breed has no business breeding.
3. Muttmess dogs make up a large portion of animal shelter populations.
4. Owners of muttmess dogs that have been produced by muttsforbucksbreeders absolutely don't know what they're getting into as far as temperament, standard, conformation, health, etc., because no thought, care, or concern has been given to these things by the "breeder". There is no pedigree: Especially when it's a mutt created from THREE different breeds on purpose.
5. Perhaps.
6. It's not an insult-it's instructing these people on just what they didn't do and what they've done.
I have NOTHING against mutts..I have one. I also have Poms, a mentor, and Poms in show. To desecrate my chosen breed along with other pure breeds is insane and purposely creating mutts is the true crux of the problem.
ewokian

QUOTE 7/14/2007 1:04:52 PM
Thanks for your comments Gold, and finally a bit of focus on reality. Yes, Mao did answer the question and rather well..though it wasn't until the 12th 'post' that any thought was given to that. Up until that point the gal was attacked for the mating that she chose, not answers to questions about the delivery process. She never asked for an opinion on the 'mutts'. She asked for help on delivery. 1.That being said, you are the first person to even give up the point that AKC is not the only registry that is capable of establshing proper dog standards, thank-you for allowing some of the others. That having been said, at no time have I offered a disagreement to the basic statement that what she has mated is a mutt. It most certainly is.
And Amazing, truly amazing, the number of people who get in line to purchase the latest 'fad'. 2. There have been some wonderful breeds that have resulted from selective matings, in fact every breed on this planet started with the wolf and had to have selective breeding applied in order to develop anything from the NewFoundland to the Pomeranian, which in turn was bred down from the Spitz. (And I for one am mighty glad that it was. I love poms!!! My darling little boy had to be put down this past year at age 14. There will never be another like him!)
But I do not believe that the 'mix' in question is going to produce a revolutionary new breed...in fact, my personal opinion tends toward.. YUK!!!
3. mutts have always made up the majority of the animal shelter population, that is not new....people surrendering their dogs because, regardless of breed, they simply did not know what they were getting into, also is not new.....always will be a problem. And if people stopped chasing the fad....BYB might stop this insanity....
4....hmmm....don't know why you feel the need to re-emphasis that point...certainly wasn't in question.
5. yes, perhaps
ewokian

QUOTE 7/14/2007 1:05:33 PM
6. I disagree... name calling is insulting, it's not instructive. What you have written is quite instructive, and should be more the standard that others follow. I looked at some other subjects posted here, for instance, help, my yorkie had 8 pups? and how do I handle the nutritional needs of this brood. that poor woman was also attacked, very sad. at no point did she indicate that she was pleased with a litter that size, and yet the first statements are, you must be so proud of the money that you'll get,and so much hate and venom..the poor woman didn't put 8 pups in that yorkie, nor did she breed to a german shepard, she has a large litter to deal with and instead of help, she's getting hate....THAT is the attitude that I take exception to! And I agree that creating mutts simply to follow a fad is, if not illegal, at least unethical. But as long as people are willing to pay 'big bucks' it will continue. chi/pom/malt?? I can't even wrap my mind around it! Nor JackaPom, or whatever it was called..what is the end result? a cottonball with ADD? or an overmuscled terrier type with a poofy tail? that climbs trees? hmmmm
Post Reply New Topic