My chi/pom&malt are going to have pup's

My chi/pom&malt are going to have pup's

littlewing2506

QUOTE 6/25/2007 1:11:24 AM
textMy Chi/pom mix is going to have puppy that are mixed with a full breed malt.(my husband's dog.)But I am not sure of the signs of labor.If anyone can help me It would help out alot. I know this she is due July 3rd but she had some clear gel like mucus coming from her vagina it was not alot but I have no Idea what it was. Thanks Laura
rescuewench

QUOTE 6/25/2007 1:38:29 AM
GOLLY GEE!! MORE BYB's that are breeding designer mutts and do NOT know what they are doing!!

is this 2 in 2 days so far?

( is there a solar eclipse coming or something??

POSTER :
don't you think you should have found OUT all you need to know about breeding LONG before the dog is almost DUE?

Congratulations!!

another "welcome to the BYB hall O' fame "

KUDOS!!

littlewing2506

QUOTE 6/25/2007 2:05:39 AM
I don't think so they are not mutts!!! I came on here for help and you start in on me like I have done something wrong. I know the basics of a Bitch in labor I just need to know if there are other signs I need to look for. She is not due until July 3rd but I took her temp and it is at 98'so in about 24-48 hours she should give birth unless her temp goes back up if not and she does not have any pups within 24 hours I will be taking her to the Vet. Oh buy the way my Vet want's one of her Pups because the breed that she is going to have at this time is s rare one. Plus he is paying top dollarSo if you have nothing better to do but to sit back and and moan do it to someone else and GET A LIFE!!
funnybunny

QUOTE 6/25/2007 6:21:45 AM

Quote littlewing2506:

I don't think so they are not mutts!!! I came on here for help and you start in on me like I have done something wrong. I know the basics of a Bitch in labor I just need to know if there are other signs I need to look for. She is not due until July 3rd but I took her temp and it is at 98'so in about 24-48 hours she should give birth unless her temp goes back up if not and she does not have any pups within 24 hours I will be taking her to the Vet. Oh buy the way my Vet want's one of her Pups because the breed that she is going to have at this time is s rare one. Plus he is paying top dollarSo if you have nothing better to do but to sit back and and moan do it to someone else and GET A LIFE!!
Oh no...This is one GREAT post. It made me laugh, even this early in the morning. The mother dog IS a mutt, and the puppies will be mutts too. You don't throw two dogs together to breed, the dog has pups, and then miraculously it's a new breed. It doesn't work that way. You took a mixed breed dog (a mutt) and bred it with a purebred dog, which in turn will produce mutt puppies. Your vet is an idiot too. These puppies aren't going to be a new breed, nor are they going to be rare. Your idiot veterinarian will be paying top dollar for any puppy that you can find in a shelter across the world. Great for him! He sounds like a real winner! Btw, so do you. You're so awesome and rad for creating a beautiful and rare new breed. Wow, I bow before you and your intelligence I don't deserve to be in your presence, so on that note *poof* BEGONE!
lganio

QUOTE 6/25/2007 7:17:42 AM
How can this not be a Mutt? I wouldn't be so proud of yourself by adding to the overpopulation of dogs in the world, many of which currently have no one to care for them. Have you checked out petfinders.com?
mja1103

QUOTE 6/25/2007 8:44:02 AM
A Chi/Pom mutt mixed with a Malt. Just great. Nothing like desecrating three breeds all at once to create even more of a MUTT. It took a real "genius" to mate a Chi and a Pom considering both have distinctly different coat types, etc. And now, to top off that muttmess you've added a Malt.
rescuewench

QUOTE 6/25/2007 9:45:02 AM

Quote littlewing2506:

they are MUTTS and you HAVE done more than "something" wrong.
you are doing a LOT wrong.

there are pups like yours all over shelters all over the country on deaths row as we speak.
YOU are adding to that over population problem:

and DON'T try to tell me designer mutts do NOT end up in pounds & shelters - I get a LOT of them out and the list is growing.

and worse- you are using your dog (something that is supposed to be cherished as a pet & family member) as a mini ATM machine in your home.

and you are called
a back yard breeder of designer mutts.

- mutts for bucks breeder.

shame on you.

** PS MJA , "MUTTMESS" i LOVE that phrase !! I am rolling here .

:)
suebgone

QUOTE 6/25/2007 9:54:49 AM
hmmm well now lets see - if you didn't test for brucellosis she could be aborting because of THAT!!

if you didn't test for STD's she could be aborting because of THAT!!

or she could just be in trouble & need a C - section - even tho you don't think she's due for another week.

I guess it never occurred to you that some experience with someone who DID have experience might be a good idea?

Oh yeah you & your vet buddy there should be real proud of bringing more mutts onto the planent.

go to the nearest kill shelter & look some puppies in the face & tell them why they won't be getting a home & have to die - because YOUR puppies got the homes THEY were going to get.
mja1103

QUOTE 6/25/2007 10:04:58 AM
"Plus he is paying top dollar"

Doesn't that just say it all? That's always the bottom line for a muttsforbucks breeder.
rescuewench

QUOTE 6/25/2007 10:10:16 AM

yeah "TOP DOLLAR"

always the money - always the bottom line.

i wonder how much he will charge her for the C section?

probably "top dollar"

hillsidesaints

QUOTE 6/25/2007 10:16:34 AM
"She is not due until July 3rd but I took her temp and it is at 98'so in about 24-48 hours she should give birth unless her temp goes back up if not and she does not have any pups within 24 hours..."
Honey...you had better go back and study some more. Their temps DO go back up. That is text book labor. Have you helped whelp a litter before? It doesn't always go like the book says it should.
You said she is not due until July 3rd??? IF you got her due date correct, AND your bitch actually
IS going into labor now....are you aware that there is every chance that none of the pups will make it....Anything more than 5 day premie has a very slim chance. So all of you dreams of pumping out these little designer, rare breed, MUTTS and selling them for TOP DOLLAR will be in vain. Hate it for the pups...but would serve you right! And your vet should KNOW better....shame on him/her. With that kind of ethical thinking....he/she should not even be allowed to practice!
T
funnybunny

QUOTE 6/25/2007 10:31:25 AM

Quote rescuewench:

yeah "TOP DOLLAR"

always the money - always the bottom line.

i wonder how much he will charge her for the C section?

probably "top dollar"

I hate is when they are money hungry. It's disgusting. Greedy people breeding dogs, killing more dogs in shelters, and all they can think about is the money. People really piss me off sometimes. A vet paying top dollar for a mutt! YAY! If my vet ever did that, I think i'd be shopping for a new one. Idiots breeding dogs for money, they know nothing about breeding, claiming that their MUTTS are rare "breeds", not realizing how I despise them so. It's just lovely how the world has turned into one big slot machine. Just gotta love it!

I've had problems with money before and I have a beautiful Miniature Pinscher, 5 generation pedigree, champion lines, was show quality until she got a scar on the top of her head and uncropped ears, is a proven great breeder, yet I wouldn't even CONSIDER breeding her to pay my bills. How dare someone breed their animal and put their dogs life on the line for some money. Shows what they care about more...the money. Disgusting...I must vomit now
maoseger1010

QUOTE 6/25/2007 10:31:56 AM

Quote littlewing2506:

textMy Chi/pom mix is going to have puppy that are mixed with a full breed malt.(my husband's dog.)But I am not sure of the signs of labor.If anyone can help me It would help out alot. I know this she is due July 3rd but she had some clear gel like mucus coming from her vagina it was not alot but I have no Idea what it was. Thanks Laura
Signs of labor, a few days before most dogs will start nesting. The day before or day of their temp will drop, panting and restlessness. First time dames can act pretty freaked out.

Confinement is key, don't give her free roam of the house and yard. Don't leave her alone at this time. Keep people away. She doesn't need strangers or children bothering her.

Do you have a whelping box? Have you read anything about who to deal with new born puppies? Its never to late learn and theres a lot you should know.

Your breeding a mix of three breeds all known to have trouble whelping. You could easily end up taking your dame in for a C-section. Since Maltese are a bigger dog than either the chi/pom its even more likely that you will have problems. Your Chi/Pom was built to have Maltese puppies. Keep your vet on call. At the first signs of trouble get your dog to the vet.

I would take my dame in and have her checked now just to be safe. Its hard to say whats going on and making her leak. You don't want the cost of this litter to be the death of your dame, but it could happen.
linda48430

QUOTE 6/25/2007 12:12:59 PM

Quote littlewing2506:

What difference does it make to anyone what type of breed she has. There are so many different breeds out there. She ask a simple question. Why does it have to be so complicated.
Just keep an eye on your dog. She will tell you when she is ready. She knows. When she gets closer to her due date, she will start looking for a place to have them. She will have a discharge You will see her cleaning herself often. She will take care of herself. Good luck.
What state are you in? Are you selling your puppies?

Linda from Michigan
lindethiel54

QUOTE 6/25/2007 12:28:43 PM
Wow I am afriad to read more. This is a pups for sale among other things website. The pom/chi mix just asked a question. Anyway it may be time to batter me. I just had 6 very healthy pomarussells.The Mom is a full Jack Russell and the Dad is a full Pomeranian. 4 boys and 6 girls. My 1st pregnancy and everything went well. I printed some things from a website and sort of watched and just kept the vets # handy. We didn't use it. They are 12 days old today. The mom usually takes care of everything and if you're asleep, which of course you will be, the dog will probably wake you up.And just go from there. Good Luck. And have fun. Carol in Oregon
mja1103

QUOTE 6/25/2007 12:29:13 PM

Quote linda48430:

What difference does it make to anyone what type of breed she has. There are so many different breeds out there. She ask a simple question. Why does it have to be so complicated.
Just keep an eye on your dog. She will tell you when she is ready. She knows. When she gets closer to her due date, she will start looking for a place to have them. She will have a discharge You will see her cleaning herself often. She will take care of herself. Good luck.

Linda from Michigan
It makes a difference to the thousands of dogs in shelters waiting for homes, it makes a difference to the responsible reputable breeders who have a passion for a particular breed and are trying to better the breed, it makes a difference to those in rescue who see yet another muttsforbucks breeder cashing in on a muttmess. That's just some of the difference it makes. If she were a reputable breeder she never would have put these dogs together in the first place and she'd definitely know about breeding, labor, and whelping. I'm absolutely disgusted by people who consistently place the almightly dollar ahead of their pets well-being. Yes, she's selling them and for top dollar!
funnybunny

QUOTE 6/25/2007 1:14:48 PM
Oh yes...more coincidences. YAY! Two people came to defend the backyard breeder, fueled by greed and they just signed up today, instantly coming to the rescue of an irresponsible owner breeding mixed breeds and sentencing other dogs to death in shelters. What a wonderful world this is I could just SPEW from happiness!!!
lganio

QUOTE 6/25/2007 1:34:46 PM
A lot of these "new" people appearing lately!
maoseger1010

QUOTE 6/25/2007 2:00:55 PM

Quote linda48430:

Linda from Michigan
"She will tell you when she is ready. She knows."

That is simply not always true. Many first timers get freaked out and some even kill and or eat their young. The dame needs to be watched and kept calm.
miarob

QUOTE 6/25/2007 2:52:47 PM

Quote lindethiel54:

Wow I am afriad to read more. This is a pups for sale among other things website. The pom/chi mix just asked a question. Anyway it may be time to batter me. I just had 6 very healthy pomarussells.The Mom is a full Jack Russell and the Dad is a full Pomeranian. 4 boys and 6 girls. My 1st pregnancy and everything went well. I printed some things from a website and sort of watched and just kept the vets # handy. We didn't use it. They are 12 days old today. The mom usually takes care of everything and if you're asleep, which of course you will be, the dog will probably wake you up.And just go from there. Good Luck. And have fun. Carol in Oregon
Hun, there is no such thing as a 'pomarussell', you just have a batch of dime a dozen mutts.
Post Reply New Topic