Nigerian Puppy Scam

Nigerian Puppy Scam

wolfeman_21

QUOTE 5/5/2007 10:02:39 PM
Hi Everyone,

We to were scammed. Beware its going on hot and heavy right now. We sent money and were out that and Im pretty angry at the whole situtation including myself. We were getting two mini yorkies and they never arrived from Lagos Nigeria. We found the ad on, under the dog section click and you can see the picture of the puppy with a pink background. Its the seventh ad down. You email that guy and by the ways hes using a dead guys name out of tampa florida. Found that out today. He emails you back and gives you this big line of crap saying this lady in Nigeria wants to find a home for the puppies. That the pups cant take the climate and she doesnt have the time for them. They to also use the words: God Bless and Bless You. Just letting everyone know so you dont get scammed like we did. Were taking steps here to help bust these people. Authorities are involved but we.ll see what happens.

Thank you,
Shelly

edited per forum rules maoseger1010
tigger100186

QUOTE 5/12/2007 9:48:38 AM
I got an email and I was going to get the Yorkie, but something didn't seem quite right so I looked up Delta Nigeria Pets Airline Department which is the airline they said they were going to use to send the puppy and it took me here. Glad I decided to look that up instead of just trusting them. I thought it was a little off because they kept assuring me that I would get the puppy and they said that they wanted it to be a part of my home. I guess I should just look in the thrifty nickle. There I can see the puppies and not get scamed.
delaneyshelties

QUOTE 5/12/2007 10:03:25 AM

Quote tigger100186:

I got an email and I was going to get the Yorkie, but something didn't seem quite right so I looked up Delta Nigeria Pets Airline Department which is the airline they said they were going to use to send the puppy and it took me here. Glad I decided to look that up instead of just trusting them. I thought it was a little off because they kept assuring me that I would get the puppy and they said that they wanted it to be a part of my home. I guess I should just look in the thrifty nickle. There I can see the puppies and not get scamed.
Please for all of you searching for a pup, if you have made the decision to get a dog, try googling your breed/rescue/state...for example; sheltie Rescue in IL, it will automatically take you to the Purebred breed rescue in your state.

If you are persistently wanting a pup, then please do not have one shipped, and make sure you buy one from a REPUTABLE BREEDER, they will either be actively showing/or have dogs that have excellent bloodlines (you can purchase an already titled dog and not show anymore) and they will definately have all of the tests done to weed out genetic problems, like their hips OFA'd their eyes CERF tested, their elbows tested (usually in giant breeds)

Research your breed of interest and then learn about all of the genetic problems that are hereditary to your breed, then make sure all the necessary testing has been done on your breed.

Make sure your breeder vaccinates and does not release pups until the minimum age of 8 weeks, 12 is better, then they are fully vaccinated, make sure you meet the parents, observe the temperament. Observe the home/kennel.
Ask questions! Make sure there is a health garantee.
Don't go for the cheapest pup. You will pay for it in the long run.

If you go with a Reputable Breeder, you will pay more for the cost of the pup. You will save money in the long run.

Please take my advice, I have learned the hard way.
njulie83

QUOTE 5/12/2007 1:29:06 PM
Hello people, I was one of the people who got scam. I was so excited when he said he needed someone to take care of his maltese puppy because he just recently move to Germany for business reason. And he's willing to give his puppy away for free but I have to pay for the shipping. At first it sounds too good to be true. I waited and wrote emails to him back and first. He made his stories sounds so sad. And so I felt for it. I send the money to him by wesern union. I send him $200 for he shipping. So than there was a problem with the flight and the pups end up in Nigeria. He said he had to pay $50 more for the pups to stay over night in Nigeria. But I have to pay $90 dollars for the puppies flight and $10 dollars for her luggage. I was really upset that it turned out like this...And so he called me and begged me to help him take care of the pups because she is mine now...And so I felt for it again...I paid $100 for them.Then never heard from them anymore. He gave me a flight number that does not even exist.
So people be careful out there!!!!!There's alot of low life scammers who trys every ways to get money out of us...
nadia24

QUOTE 6/5/2007 2:52:33 PM
Almost got SCAMED

Hello ,

This is Mrs T i want you to know that the puppy is still available for adoption,But the problem is that i am not in the state for now and i am in (West Africa, Nigeria ) on a Business trip and the reason why i want to give her out is because the weather here in West Africa , Nigeria is not condusive for the puppy health and there is no time to take good care of her also the only way that you can recieve the puppy is by shipping the puppy to you and if you know that you can take good care of the baby and give her a lovely home.I will really appreciate that from you and by now i dont know when i would come back to the state,So if you know that you really want to adopt my puppy and make her happy and give her a loving and caring home and i would give the puppy to you for Adoption.

I want you to know the details that the puppy have and you can go through her register information that the puppy have and everything will be shipping with the puppy to you and the information below.
Included Items

AKC
registration
Travel Crate
Current vaccinations
Birth certificate
Shot book
Health guarantee
Certificate of health
Toys and Foods

Part 1 of 2

Thankstext
nadia24

QUOTE 6/5/2007 2:53:32 PM
Part 2 of 2

So i want you to know all the items above will be shipped with the puppy to you to i will be shipping to you all the neccessary document because she has been tested by the a licensed vet doctor and i want you to get back to me with your delivery and contact informations that the puppy will be shipped to that is you Full Name ,Address ,Nearest Airport And Phone Number and i want you to know that the puppy is 100% good and ready for shippment and She likes to play with all the family and has a good companion with children and other pets,I want to confirm if you do want the information for the puppy.

Information for the shippment

Name:Sophie
PuppyAdoption/Shipping
Fees$250.00

Shipping Details Information Speed and Fast
Airport Company:Delta Nigeria Pets Airline
Delivery : Next Day Delivery (24hrs)
Shipping Agent Name:
Contact Address: And Get Back To Me With The Informations Below If You Are Intrested:

Contact Address:
Nearest Airport:
City:
State:
Full Name:
Contact Phone Number:

You can e-mail me if you do have interest and if you will promise me to take good care of the puppy and give her a lovely home and the Form of payment that you will use to pay for the puppy is making payment via Western Union Money Transfer and that is the only way i can accept payment

BEWARE THIS IS A SCAM !
wintrravn

QUOTE 6/5/2007 5:35:03 PM

Quote nadia24:

Almost got SCAMED

Hello ,

This is Mrs T i want you to know that the puppy is still available for adoption,But the problem is that i am not in the state for now and i am in (West Africa, Nigeria ) on a Business trip and the reason why i want to give her out is because the weather here in West Africa , Nigeria is not condusive for the puppy health and there is no time to take good care of her also the only way that you can recieve the puppy is by shipping the puppy to you and if you know that you can take good care of the baby and give her a lovely home.I will really appreciate that from you and by now i dont know when i would come back to the state,So if you know that you really want to adopt my puppy and make her happy and give her a loving and caring home and i would give the puppy to you for Adoption.

I want you to know the details that the puppy have and you can go through her register information that the puppy have and everything will be shipping with the puppy to you and the information below.
Included Items

AKC
registration
Travel Crate
Current vaccinations
Birth certificate
Shot book
Health guarantee
Certificate of health
Toys and Foods

Part 1 of 2

Thankstext
Mrs. Diana,
I have recieved over a dozen e-mails just like yours. The person wants to send the dog back to the states because they are on some sort of missionary work and the weather is too harsh. BULL. You sound like one of the scammers yourself.
millerad

QUOTE 6/7/2007 12:40:47 PM
Just FYI,
About a week ago I contacted a lady,about her Yorkie puppies. She told me that she had sold all of her pups, but a man, , had purchased to and had recently moved to Africa, Nigeria to be exact, for a mission trip. was supposedly a pastor and a "God fearing person." He requested many times for all of my information and shipping address and told me he would ship out his two puppies for only $150, if I would promise to "take care of his babies." Luckily I found an article online about scams like this before I went ahead and made a deposit through Western Union. Hopefully others who fall for this research their stuff online through forums like this. These scams must be stopped!
sooloovely

QUOTE 7/19/2007 11:06:11 PM
textA SCAM IN PROGRESS!!!
I too was almost scammed THANK GOD for giving me COMMON SENSE!
I was going to get a yorkie, and the lady was writing me paragrahs about the SO CALLED "Miya, yorkie" about how lovely she is and playful and such a family pet. And i had asked her if she was located in NEWARK because thats what the ad said and she completely ignored the question and just said that she was going away for a business trip... Here's the Email......

Good to hear from you again and I'm as well sorry for replying late to your message . I will like you to know that at the moment I am out of State for a Business Transaction in West Africa, Nigeria to be precise and i would be back in no distance time due to the Nature of the Business, it's as a result of the long time taking of business that makes me decides to give my LOVELY MIYA for adoption to anyone who will promise me that he/she will take absolute care of her and give her a good home of comfort besides, I no longer spend time with her any more as i used to.
If you will promise me that you are going to give her a nice comfortable home and love her just the same way you love yourself then it's yours because i care and lover her just the same way i love myself . You will be receiving her through Delta Nigeria Pets Airline Next day delivery 24HRS at your door-step as soon as the payment is confirmed.

I will be handling her over to the Shipping company that will ship her to you at your Door-step as soon as i receive her payment via Western Union Money Transfer. You could have her to you immediately payment is done today

So i will want you to wire the money via western union to the below information :

Reciever name :

Below are the western union information I will need from you to forward to me for my documentation for the MONEY transfer:

1.) Money transfer Control Number [MTCN]
2.) Exact Amount Sent:
3.) Senders complete information used(name and addres)

As soon as i confirm the payment has been sent then i will get the puppy out to you and i will also fax you the paper work of the puppy update.
I looking forward in hearing from you.
Do have a nice and wonderful day!
Thank you!!!
So this goes to tell you..
PLEEASSEE DONT BE A FOOL INVESTIGATE FIRST!!!!text
tnsmith

QUOTE 11/26/2007 7:50:46 PM
BEWARE OF PEOPLE SELLING PUPPIES OUT OF AFRICA AND PROMISE A YORKIE WITH A LOT OF ACCESSORIES FOR A VERY LOW PRICE. BEWARE THEY WILL ASK FOR YOU HOME ADDRESS AND TELEPHONE NUMBER AND WANT YOU TO WIRE MONEY THROUGH WESTERN UNION TO FLY YOUR DOG INTO THE STATES. THEY CLAIM THEY WILL USE DELTA NIGERIA PETS AIRLINE: THIS AIRLINE DOES NOT EXIST!!!

There stories talk about missionary work, trying to prevent HIV, giving away dogs because of the climate, working long hours, or the one i just got said she lost her husband and son in a car crash. They are even providing links to sites that look very professional. The prices are very low between $90 and $300.

A hint of caution: just dont buy a dog from Lagos, Nigeria or Cameroon. (Africa)
christinadorris

QUOTE 11/26/2007 11:09:34 PM
This kind of stuff makes me so upset. First of all I am a Christian. I hate that they are trying to use it to make people trust them. No wonder people are trusting Christians less and less these days. People like these scammers use "Bless You" "God Bless" and "Missionary work" among other things. It is so frustrating.
Also, I am a breeder and it takes trust away from me in that way also. Shipping is not always bad like many seem to be saying. Sometimes a person can't find their breed locally by a reputable breeder.
If you are purchasing, just protect yourself. Talk to the breeder on the phone. Ask to see specific pics (of certain angles or with a certain object included). I have been asked a couple of times to include a piece of paper with the interested persons name on it. I am more than happy to do this as would be any legitimate breeder. Just don't be dumb about things.
cannonfarms

QUOTE 11/27/2007 6:50:52 AM

Quote christinadorris:

This kind of stuff makes me so upset. First of all I am a Christian. I hate that they are trying to use it to make people trust them. No wonder people are trusting Christians less and less these days. People like these scammers use "Bless You" "God Bless" and "Missionary work" among other things. It is so frustrating.
Also, I am a breeder and it takes trust away from me in that way also. Shipping is not always bad like many seem to be saying. Sometimes a person can't find their breed locally by a reputable breeder.
If you are purchasing, just protect yourself. Talk to the breeder on the phone. Ask to see specific pics (of certain angles or with a certain object included). I have been asked a couple of times to include a piece of paper with the interested persons name on it. I am more than happy to do this as would be any legitimate breeder. Just don't be dumb about things.
Thank you for sharring that point of view and I have to say I agree.

I look forward to reading more post from you.
woliver

QUOTE 11/30/2007 3:06:14 PM
hey everyone... I just got this email today.
i,
Thank you for sending me an e-mail about your interest on the puppies. I was so happy when i got your e-mail, the puppies has just been sold out to a woman name (edited) about 2 days ago.I receive an e-mail from the woman in regard of her puppies that she is wanting a good home for them because of the Weather where she was move to for her work at the local hospital at ER Eldorado Hospital in West Africa Nigeria.The woman said that the weather over there is not conducive for the puppies to stay with her and her work is really giving her a very hard time looking after her puppies herself. I quite see some reason with the woman thought, i would like to know if your very interested on the puppies and willing to adopt both puppies from the woman or just one of the puppies. Also you will have to promise the woman that you will take very good care of her puppies. All you have to do is to get intouch with the woman. Her e-mail address is (edited) and her name is (edited) .Please contact her about your interest on her puppies. Send her an e-mail at(edited) the woman is despirately looking for a good home for her puppies and she will provide all the babies necessary items which you may need in adopting the puppies from her.The puppies is a boy and a girl. They are AKC registered puppies and shot up to there dates. The woman has all the puppies papers that will be coming with the babies, you will have to let Mrs Danielle know that i directed you to her regarding her puppies for adoption. Hope to hear back from you soon.

Sounds just like all the rest. The next one I get I will tell her that I am actually flying to Africa and I will be able to pick up the puppy while I am there... Wonder what they will say to that.
Sorry I had to edit out the names, ND
christinadorris

QUOTE 11/30/2007 3:41:23 PM
They would probably not respond back. Sounds like a quick way to grt them off your back.
brisplit

QUOTE 11/30/2007 4:22:57 PM
What I'm wondering is a few things. Like

.What if I told them I'm an atheist? lol would they then not want to sell a dog to me? (I am not)

.Why don't they use a different location? Do they love Africa?

.What will the response be for the person above me who tells they'll be in Africa too and will pick them up heheh.

I'd tell them, "Oh what a coincidence that you're on business in Africa! I too am going there on business. We'll be stopping in (insert THEIR location) and a few other places. Picking up the dog will be no problem." then next msg add "since I'll be picking them up we can look to exclude the travel fees" etc...

I dont think I'd send anyone pics of my home anyhow, If they wanted to know they would come here.

I'm sorry for those of you who've been scammed. It hurts not only financially but also emotionally.
upperg

QUOTE 11/30/2007 7:04:51 PM
cant you sue em for not giving you the puppy?
gbat1stop

QUOTE 11/30/2007 7:30:37 PM

Quote upperg:

cant you sue em for not giving you the puppy?
It may be possible to sue but I am willing to bet it would cost entirely too much money to even consider it.

It is unfortunate that this happens to innocent people on a daily basis but sometimes our mistakes can be costly and we need to take our losses and learn from it.

kitama1

QUOTE 2/11/2009 8:06:24 AM
Good Morning everyone, I just want to thank each one of you all for giving other people heads up on these puppy scams. I to also was involved in this scam but was caution of sending funds over to africa. I never went through with the process.
brandytoler

QUOTE 2/12/2009 6:11:06 PM
Almost scammed... I found an ad in the paper and they got back with me thru e-mail.Mine was also in Africa and they were Missionaries looking for someone to take care of both of thier yorkie babys(Faith and Jesse) they wanted me to send 450.00 Well, i have a problem sending money to someone before i get my stuff. Rev. James White was the name he was using.He said that they would be sent via Diplomatic courier and of course it sounded too good to be true...two yorkies for 450?? well, i called the place that said they were using and they don't ship animals!! when i wrote back and said that they said they don't deliver animals and i was going to notify the police on his scam he wrote back saying "may god forgive me for u don't know what u just did. how dare u embarrass a man of god." i wrote back and said..."may God have mercy on ur soul...if u were a man of God you would wouldve spely Gods name with a capital G and not g..." people all over the world are getting scammed by their hearts instead of how rich they want to become... It's a shame that we can't trust anyone anymore...I hope everyone does thier research anything getting shipped. I almost fell for it....
thedonner2357bull

QUOTE 2/12/2009 11:32:21 PM

Quote wolfeman_21:

Hi Everyone,

We to were scammed. Beware its going on hot and heavy right now. We sent money and were out that and Im pretty angry at the whole situtation including myself. We were getting two mini yorkies and they never arrived from Lagos Nigeria. We found the ad on, under the dog section click and you can see the picture of the puppy with a pink background. Its the seventh ad down. You email that guy and by the ways hes using a dead guys name out of tampa florida. Found that out today. He emails you back and gives you this big line of crap saying this lady in Nigeria wants to find a home for the puppies. That the pups cant take the climate and she doesnt have the time for them. They to also use the words: God Bless and Bless You. Just letting everyone know so you dont get scammed like we did. Were taking steps here to help bust these people. Authorities are involved but we.ll see what happens.

Thank you,
Shelly

edited per forum rules maoseger1010
yup same thing just happened to me and i was not to smart to check into it and tried buying a english bulldog for 450.00
i sent the money out and then he called back asking for more and more and more...
it really is a bummer:(
Post Reply New Topic