ever hear of a papillon-bichon mix

ever hear of a papillon-bichon mix

lechiarosalia

QUOTE 5/27/2008 9:39:34 PM
I have a Papichon. She is wonderful. I bought her last year from a breeder in Minnesota. They are wonderful. They own the mother and father that lives with inside their home. They do not breed every year. They will only breed her for 4 litters, and she's done.

Lizzy is a wonderful dog. Just what I was looking for. I went to every shelter, read ads-- but unfortunately the shelters had large dogs I can't have in my home.

Also, mom (Rosalie) came to live with me again. She needs a companion, she is 74 and she needs a small dog.

Lizzy is about 15#'s. She hardly barks, except if she hears something strange outside that would make anyone look out the window. In fact, we had to hang Christmas bells on the door-- and she rattles them to get our attention to go out.

She minds wonderfully. And, we had her house broken in 4 weeks. It took a commitment to get up in the middle of the night-- but we followed all the guidelines and she never has an accident.

She stays in her crate if we need her too. Sometimes we coral her in "her little area" of the long hall if we're going away for a longer time.

But usually Rosalie and Lizzy Rose are at home keeping each other company.

Lizzy is tri-colored. Her hair is silky and beautiful. She is not yappy or snippy. She doesn't chew up shoes, but she had made short work of an old throw rug we initially let her lay on.
Her beautiful tail curls up high and even though she is 1/2 Bichon-- she has almost full butterfly ears. She got lucky-- looks like her mom and has the strength/stance of her dad.

The vet says she is in great health. And yes, we had her spayed. And, I made a donation to the Shelter on her behalf to spay another puppy.

ar0301

QUOTE 9/21/2008 8:17:06 PM
We have a papichon. He is the cutest doggy ever. He is 18 month old. He was born in Missouri. Maybe in a puppy mill. Who knows. I dont really care. He is healthy and happy. It took me so long to find a perfect puppy, and he is. I always wanted white, purebred, female bichon frise. When we went to the puppy store i just fell in love with him. He is not purebred, not female, not snow white- black and white.He was more expensive, than a purebred bichon. Housebreaking was not a problem, he is smart. He has a zillion toys, whenever we buy a new one and we ask him to bring his toy he brings one, we say no bring your new toy. Then he brings the new one.He has so much personality. His name is Bon-bon
moggie

QUOTE 9/21/2008 8:35:56 PM

Quote cannonfarms:

I have a 19mnth old, a 9 yr old and a 10 year old. I have 5 other dogs and 6 cats and the number is changing since i dabble in rescue. Out of all the dogs ive had, and im not a small dog person, my small breed of choice is rat terriers, they come in several colors, but like with any breed you have to find a good breeder, they are rat terriers in toy size which is no more then 7lbs i think, i have the 10lb varriety and have had the big ones in rescure that were 25lbs, you wanting a good companion do not want a rat terrier that comes from heavy earth dog lines but rather one thats been bred for pet/show.
they are awsome little dog, they are smart and easy to train and willing to please, unlike most terriers, they dont shed much and are low maintance and mine have beed easy to housebreak, but once again that depends on the breeder and the owner with rare exceptions is it ever the dog...

www.picturetrail.com/flashcoat_puppies if you would like to see my rats
things have surely had to change with the rat terriers. my parents bought me one when i was around 10 years old. we aited for 6 weeks for him to arrive on a train at the train depot. my dad saw the ad in the back of outdoor life magazine. when he arrived he was white with brown and a smidgen of black markings...but...soon..he was biting everyone who came near us..and i mean ripping into them with a vengence!!! i who was supposed to be his best friend...couldnt even go into my mother and dads room at night....he slept on my mothers bed and he would grown and snarl at me upon entry...he was the absolute worse dog we ever owned...we would all agree...even though he did live his entire life with us...we all loved him no matter what he did...his name was tanny...my girlfriend has 2 rat terriers and they are of the same bone...mean and nasty little biters...yikes..i could never suggest this for children...no way...too high strung and too agressive...
sisteen

QUOTE 9/22/2008 12:50:31 AM
My furry grandson is a Chineranian, I just
found out, and registrable somewhere as such and he does have traits from both breeds. So cute and he washes his face catlike the way Chins do. Also lays on the dining room table, steals food and hides it around the room, used to nip small children. Dogs online look exactly like him but 3 of his litter-mates did not, he's larger than either of his parents and happy all day long.
catherinepearl

QUOTE 3/14/2011 2:12:30 AM

Quote ynendine:

saw the custest ever puppy that is a papillon-bichon mix..anyone ever hear of this..wonder what the disposition would be..discussing shipping one from missouri.
I bought both my dogs from missouri and its $250 for airfare ...... one was $ 600 and the other was$ 200  lola is the oldest she is 19  months old weighs 10 lbs and  full bred bichon, the cost of her  was $600 plus 250 air fare  and Mia is a mix of bichon and papillion 7 months old weighs 6 lbs she was $200 and the air fare was the same. Hope this answer's ur question.
catherinepearl

QUOTE 3/14/2011 2:27:11 AM
 I love my girls" they are the sweetest little dogs ever and both of mine came from Missouri as well. I talked to the breeders every other day to check on how they were doing  was doing before coming home  my little  is a papichon, weighs 6 lbs  she is such a baby  her and her sister both which is named " lola is a full bred bichon weighs 10 lbs  sleeps between me and there daddy. they love to be held and kissed can't get enough attention "lola is real good she trained her self to go out side. and Mia is still kinda afraid of the leash, when ever she goes out she walks right beside me, so she doesn't understand what it means quite yet. Both have there own little blankies and require them at night when they go to sleep ,can't sleep without them, Mia likes to be swaddled like baby and held by mommy  and Lola is a daddy's girl.These two dogs are very healthy and to me they are not animals they are family, our babies. My Fiancee' and i are getting married they already have his last name. so instead of having kids, we something that will stay little forever. Both are very healthy and we are very luck to have them.
catherinepearl

QUOTE 3/14/2011 2:33:53 AM

Quote mja1103:

No, I've never heard of this mix, but I am not surprised at what "muttsforbucks" breeders will do. Let's look at some of the traits of each breed. The Papillon is a single coat breed that has 2 distinct ear types. They are average shedders that are difficult to housebreak, do best with older children, and due to careless breeding some bloodlines may produce Paps which are nervous, high strung, and timid. The Bichon is a double coat breed, is difficult to housebreak and due to over-breeding can be "snippy". Now, WHY WOULD ANYONE KNOWINGLY PUT THESE TWO DISTINCT BREEDS TOGETHER??? FOR BIG MONEY from people who don't know any better!!!! A single coat breed and a double coat breed?? Disaster!! Both breeds difficult to housebreak!!! I don't care if the puppy is the cutest thing on the planet, I don't care that it's in Missouri. The fact remains that it is a mutt. The shelters and rescues are full of mutts needing homes!!!
my papichon is the sweetest little thing, she is very shy but also very loving, you should do a little more digging before you actually say " something about a breed you have no idea about, i have studied both breeds and they do well together. sometimes you have to do a little foot work if you want the best kind of breed and I did just that.....my bichon trained herself to go out side and the little one" uses the wee pads, they r both good natured and would not hurt any child person or other dog for that matter.... I take time out to train my dogs 20 min a day. I couldn't ask for a two better dogs.
catherinepearl

QUOTE 3/14/2011 2:38:33 AM
also you have to ask a lot of question's or you are never going to find out what you need to know about your new family member. Its important because once you have them, they should be yours forever.
dihart

QUOTE 3/24/2011 2:57:46 PM
    I am sure you got a very nice sweet couple of girls. I think a papillon- bichon cross is a very nice puppy.  yes it is a  newer fad to cross with the poodle-maltese- or bichon type dog  to get a  more hypo-allergenic dog, and they are quite popular actually. Both breeds are smart and good family dogs for the most part. They are small & portable and good little companions

nasubzna

QUOTE 5/21/2011 3:48:01 AM
A cross is a mutt. A designer breed is a mutt. If they say it is a
purebreed but have no proof that they can give you....chances are it is a
mutt.
In my opinion, you could get a bichon or a poodle. You could buy it from
a reputable breeder which you can find through a breed club in your
area, or even a breed specific rescue organization.

[url="http://msoffice2010preview.onsugar.com/ms-office-2010-introduce-16395320"]ms office

2010introduce[/url][url="http://microsoftoffice2010.mancouch.com/747994099/microsoft-office-2010-

web-apps-features-roll-out-for-excel/"]Microsoft Office 2010 Web Apps Features Roll Out for Excel

[/url][url="http://www.thoughts.com/msoffice2010/ms-office-2010-new"]ms office 2010 new[/url]
dihart

QUOTE 5/22/2011 8:14:36 PM
  well to each his own. Ones mans "so called mutt" is another mans designer dog. And just because they are crossed does not mean they do not come from "reputable" breeders. 
cockerspanieldad

QUOTE 5/23/2011 8:58:55 PM
Well I am not familiar with the hibred/Cross etc.  I do know that due to inbreeding by a lot of the show kennels it has made some breed very difficult to breed without defects. This breeder may be trying to develop a dog that is a better lap dog with the good characteristics of both breeds.  I suggest that you speak with them and ask some specifice questions as to why they are doing this.  

Missouri is the Silicon Valley of dogs and the very best breeders in the world are from Missouri. Many breeds were developed by breeders in Missouri so I would expect the person you are dealing with has a long history and is very knowledgeable about genetics.

Being a breeder myself, I tire of the back biting and back stabbing that goes on in the industry of breeding dogs. As with these comments to your question, you always have to wonder what their objective is  (Motives) when people attack the work of others.     

If you want a good dog you need to first never buy a dog from anyone who speaks poorly of another breeder.  Shows lack of character and ethics.  It takes both to raise dogs successfully.  Just my two cents worth... Good luck on your puppy search.

daisysmomma

QUOTE 7/16/2012 1:55:18 PM
I have a papillon-bichon mix.  She was rescued from a Missouri puppy mill that was being shut down.  She is the sweetest, most loveable dog I have ever had.  She is like a teddy bear.  Absolutely loves everyone.  She has been very easy to train.
dsn0207

QUOTE 7/17/2012 10:31:32 PM

Quote cockerspanieldad:

Well I am not familiar with the hibred/Cross etc.  I do know that due to inbreeding by a lot of the show kennels it has made some breed very difficult to breed without defects. This breeder may be trying to develop a dog that is a better lap dog with the good characteristics of both breeds.  I suggest that you speak with them and ask some specifice questions as to why they are doing this.  

Missouri is the Silicon Valley of dogs and the very best breeders in the world are from Missouri. Many breeds were developed by breeders in Missouri so I would expect the person you are dealing with has a long history and is very knowledgeable about genetics.

Being a breeder myself, I tire of the back biting and back stabbing that goes on in the industry of breeding dogs. As with these comments to your question, you always have to wonder what their objective is  (Motives) when people attack the work of others.     

If you want a good dog you need to first never buy a dog from anyone who speaks poorly of another breeder.  Shows lack of character and ethics.  It takes both to raise dogs successfully.  Just my two cents worth... Good luck on your puppy search.

all good points

all4mypets

QUOTE 7/18/2012 11:49:50 AM

Quote ynendine:

saw the custest ever puppy that is a papillon-bichon mix..anyone ever hear of this..wonder what the disposition would be..discussing shipping one from missouri.
No I havent hear of a paillon-bichon mix.
Post Reply New Topic