puppy pooped my bed

puppy pooped my bed

m14m1a1

QUOTE 10/5/2006 9:28:01 PM
I bought a 10 week old brussels griffon. I'm driving trucks and wanted a companion, last night she was clawing at my bunk to climb up after I was asleep. I woke up with my foot in pee and quickly moved it into the creamy poop.yuckyyyyyyyyyyyyy
This is an awfully cute dog, anyone know the best way to pooty train a dog. Btw I walk her all the time, thx
maoseger1010

QUOTE 10/5/2006 9:53:03 PM

Quote m14m1a1:

I bought a 10 week old brussels griffon. I'm driving trucks and wanted a companion, last night she was clawing at my bunk to climb up after I was asleep. I woke up with my foot in pee and quickly moved it into the creamy poop.yuckyyyyyyyyyyyyy
This is an awfully cute dog, anyone know the best way to pooty train a dog. Btw I walk her all the time, thx
If your a trucker and you walk her at truck stops and rest areas. At ten weeks your dog is at high risk of getting parvo.

As for her peeing and pooping in your bed, thats normal. You should get a small crate. Brussles are small dogs one should easily fit in the cab of your truck. At night before you go to bed make sure she potties, put her in the crate and she will cry in the night when she has to go, get up and let her relieve herself and put her back to bed. If the crate idea isn't working for you, than set your alarm and get ups every four hours and take her out. As she gets older she will be able to hold it longer.

Oh by the way, not long ago I held the face of a trucker on while we waited for the rescue workers to get there after he crashed. He took out another truck, (that driver broke his leg in the crash) Nearly crushed a driver of a four wheel truck (God saved his life) and forced myself and my daughter off the road. Why did this accident happen? The driver had his dog in the passinger seat and had to break hard because of a slow car in front of him, his dog went flying and he tried to catch her, in the process swirved off the road over corrected lost control and went across the median,acrossed two lanes of on comming traffic and into the ditch. Moral of the story get your dog a doggy car seat for her safty and yours.

By the way the dog was not hurt and stayed in foster care until the trucker was out of the hospital three weeks later.
foxfire_ga79

QUOTE 10/5/2006 11:33:52 PM
Also if the crate isn't working, they make little panties/diapers to help potty train puppies and keep females from making their girlie messes. Those helped me through some rough patches in house training.
And my ex husband is a truck driver and has had Jack Russels and Chihuahuas...He always used the little pee-pee pads so he didn't have to stop as often.
gbat1stop

QUOTE 10/6/2006 8:00:04 AM

Quote m14m1a1:

I would have taken the clawing at my bunk to mean she wanted to go out to poop rather than be in the bed pooping. At 10 weeks, your puppy may have to go out to pee several times a night.

As Moaseger said, your pup is at VERY HIGH RISK for Parvo. I suggest investing in puppy pads to use outdoors rather than setting her directly on the ground.
m14m1a1

QUOTE 10/10/2006 10:30:11 PM
Thx for the responses. I joined bradford health at petsmart for my dog. I have pads. She is very needy and demands constant attention, she is chewing on my arm and stepping on my keyboard right now. Can't she be vacinated for parvo? Isn't it part of her shot group?I take for shots every 3 weeks. That stinks about that driver, I was just telling my wife I can't even divert 1% of my attention to the dog when I drive. Take care.
snuggleslove

QUOTE 10/10/2006 11:24:02 PM
Hi
You mentioned you had a wife does she stay home. I know you want the pups for companionship but she is still quiet young and needs to be potty trained properly . Why not leave her at home with your wife to do that and take her for drives when you are not driving and have a few days off I know the trucker next door to me did it that way you are not exposing her to parvo and other little things puppies are pron to getting and she is getting used to telling someone that she needs out. I never creat trained any of my pups but am a light sleeper so always knew when they needed to go out and they sleep with my hubby and I on our bed it also helps that I am a SAHM, But as I said maybe you should let your wife potty train her and wait until she is about 6 months before taking her on those long trips and just short drives when you are home And invest in a doggy seatbelt :O) what works for us works for pups... A seatbelt saves lives ALL lives.

maoseger1010

QUOTE 10/11/2006 11:30:59 AM

Quote m14m1a1:

Thx for the responses. I joined bradford health at petsmart for my dog. I have pads. She is very needy and demands constant attention, she is chewing on my arm and stepping on my keyboard right now. Can't she be vacinated for parvo? Isn't it part of her shot group?I take for shots every 3 weeks. That stinks about that driver, I was just telling my wife I can't even divert 1% of my attention to the dog when I drive. Take care.
Yes its part of what she gets in her shots, but until she is fully vaccinated she will be at risk.

Puppies are very needy and little dogs more so. She will calm down a bit as she grows.

Getting her a doggy car seat will allow her to see out the windows of the truck as well as allow her a safe place to sleep. Many have a cubby in them where you can store leashes,treats, bowls ect. Since trucks have limited space its always nice to keep everything compact.
m14m1a1

QUOTE 10/14/2006 9:06:58 PM
Well she, Izzy short for Isabella, has developed a kennel cough. I got her from the 1st monday swap meet in Canton Tx. from a very disreputable man who said he had 150 dogs and they were all outside. I first noticed the cough the day I purchased her, and took her to the vet. who said her nose is too small. On getting her boosters I was informed that she may need antibiotics, but refused them as they had'nt done a white cell count and thought it might be virual. Her cough went away, but recently worsened. I am now back at the vet, with labs in hand and will be treating with ampicilian and decongestiant. expensive mistake.
I have raised alot of dogs, many from birth, mostly German dobermans, but I have to admit I know less than nothing.
As for leaving her with my wife, she lives with my 4 year old nephew and he is already too attached to my Izzy. His dad likes cats, and not dogs.
Car seat? I can't see her standing it, I look at some today. I just cant see how they are capable of restraining her. Take it easy.
maoseger1010

QUOTE 10/14/2006 10:54:27 PM

Quote m14m1a1:

Well she, Izzy short for Isabella, has developed a kennel cough. I got her from the 1st monday swap meet in Canton Tx. from a very disreputable man who said he had 150 dogs and they were all outside. I first noticed the cough the day I purchased her, and took her to the vet. who said her nose is too small. On getting her boosters I was informed that she may need antibiotics, but refused them as they had'nt done a white cell count and thought it might be virual. Her cough went away, but recently worsened. I am now back at the vet, with labs in hand and will be treating with ampicilian and decongestiant. expensive mistake.
I have raised alot of dogs, many from birth, mostly German dobermans, but I have to admit I know less than nothing.
As for leaving her with my wife, she lives with my 4 year old nephew and he is already too attached to my Izzy. His dad likes cats, and not dogs.
Car seat? I can't see her standing it, I look at some today. I just cant see how they are capable of restraining her. Take it easy.
Sorry to hear she got KC that can be a bugger to get rid of. Make sure you stay on top of that one. I'm not surprised you got her from a swap meet, I knew a trucker who got a monkey at one. That didn't last too long. You think a dog is hard to train.

Car seats come with a strap that hooks to the seat belt and then to her harness. She can move around in the seat but not get out.
snuggleslove

QUOTE 10/15/2006 12:06:48 AM

Quote maoseger1010:

Sorry to hear she got KC that can be a bugger to get rid of. Make sure you stay on top of that one. I'm not surprised you got her from a swap meet, I knew a trucker who got a monkey at one. That didn't last too long. You think a dog is hard to train.

Car seats come with a strap that hooks to the seat belt and then to her harness. She can move around in the seat but not get out.
The KC sucks my Bonnie had it very badly and finally after trying all the convential methods of treatment our vet put her on a pediatric drug called zith-ro-max (I also know the guy that worked on creating this drug) and within a week she was doing a complete 360 you could not believe she was the same puppy we also rescued her from a person/people that should be run out of bussness but because they operate under the law but just barley there was/is nothing the humane society can do but moniter and wait for that mistake to be made We where one of many people on the complaint list even the news crews had done a story on them and the poor treatment. Very sad for the dogs. The goodnews is that Bonnie is a health cheeky little pom with an attitude of a tiger.
m14m1a1

QUOTE 10/20/2006 8:34:34 PM
She is alot better now and she has an insane amount of energy. No more kc. I keep saying I'm going to crate her, but I have'nt yet. L.ater
Post Reply New Topic