Female Shorkie Names??

Female Shorkie Names??

cindyklatt

QUOTE 10/3/2006 7:31:13 PM
I haven't had a puppy in what feels like forever (10 years). It seems like naming my baby would be easier, but it isn't. I have changed her name 3 different times.... I want something unique, but fun and elegant and cute. Any ideas for me? I'm new here - never posted before, but it looks like you guys are full of ideas and I would love your input.

She is very tiny - should max out at around 4.5 lbs. She's white with a few apricot patches on her and her face looks like a teddy bear. Maybe this will help with some ideas. :)

Thanks!
twobitranch

QUOTE 10/3/2006 11:01:18 PM
hi! welcome to the forum! i'm pretty new here too, but, in time, you'll find your way around this place. if you look to the left of this screen under the RESOURCES category, there are tons of cute names for your dog. soo
many, it's hard to pick just one i own a miniature pinscher named cisco kid. he's a little over 3 months old, and weighs about 3
pounds. anyways, my name suggestion for your new furbaby is....CHANTILLY LACE...(and a purdy face,and a little tail hangin' down, a wiggle in her walk,a giggle in her talk makes the world go round....it's actually a song that was popular in the 1950's 5
anyways..check out that dog names list here on n.d.p., and wait to see what other people here
will suggest too, they'll come up with some good ones for you to consider naming her. have
fun, and welcome!!
foxfire_ga79

QUOTE 10/3/2006 11:20:40 PM
Stella.
meggersd25

QUOTE 10/3/2006 11:24:46 PM
I am bad at names for pets my son's cornsnake was "corny" and have puppies Nutmeg, Dotty, and Patches. I have a cat named Daisy (my childhood dog was named that ~ even though I wanted lollipop for a name ~family rules the most votes wins!) Take the personality in consideration ~ I have a feeling you will find the right name just take a look at your sweet pup even when not doing such sweet things (I have a naughty dotty that doesn't like to potty outside) take the markings your pup has and if you know the parents names (theirs was cocoa for cocanut ~ so I went with atleast one kitchen spice NUTMEG IS THE SPICE OF MY LIFE) everything that sums up a name will come with time my kids spent a week naming and renaming and calling them wrong names before they got settled in with the "perfect name"
emlee3

QUOTE 10/3/2006 11:48:06 PM

Quote cindyklatt:

I haven't had a puppy in what feels like forever (10 years). It seems like naming my baby would be easier, but it isn't. I have changed her name 3 different times.... I want something unique, but fun and elegant and cute. Any ideas for me? I'm new here - never posted before, but it looks like you guys are full of ideas and I would love your input.

She is very tiny - should max out at around 4.5 lbs. She's white with a few apricot patches on her and her face looks like a teddy bear. Maybe this will help with some ideas. :)

Thanks!
oh don't feel bad it took us awhile to figure out what to name our dog. actually, we did't come up w/ a name after 3 days..and we changed it about 3-4 times. we also wanted something unique..my puppies mother is named akela so we wanted to name her a similiar name to her mother. we also wanted to name her a russian name since she's a sibe... we named her katiana at first but i thought it was too human-like..then changed to mishka ("little bear" in russian) than changed to kaila..but i kept forgetting tha name for some odd reason and kept callign her kiah ("ky-ah" NoT kee-ah). so we ended up w/ that name...it's a hard decision but you'll know when you got a good name.
you shoud name yours "mishka" (meesh-kah) since she looks like a bear..my pup looked like a baby polar bear..gosh i miss when she was smaller.
meggersd25

QUOTE 10/4/2006 12:04:15 AM
Stop, down, no, quit, don't eat that, should not be names although with puppies I do slap my forehead and say no dont UGH!
noskiveez

QUOTE 10/4/2006 3:55:50 AM
I have a dog that wasnt supposed to be named Red. But her name is Red. My husband and his friend did that. I had her perfect name picked out and they thought she looked like a "Red" and started calling her Red. Now she answers to Red (or Reddi Whipp).

I guess what I am saying is that when you find the perfect name you will know. weather it is one name or 5 that you go through beofre hand, you will find one that you like best and that works for your dog.

Try a thesaurus (SP) and a baby name book. They have helped me name my dogs (all except Red)
jdsaphire

QUOTE 10/4/2006 8:42:23 AM

Quote noskiveez:

I have a dog that wasnt supposed to be named Red. But her name is Red. My husband and his friend did that. I had her perfect name picked out and they thought she looked like a "Red" and started calling her Red. Now she answers to Red (or Reddi Whipp).

I guess what I am saying is that when you find the perfect name you will know. weather it is one name or 5 that you go through beofre hand, you will find one that you like best and that works for your dog.

Try a thesaurus (SP) and a baby name book. They have helped me name my dogs (all except Red)
LOL, I though my dad was only one that did that. Cats take on dog names. They've got a cat we named mickey, Dad has her going by "spot". The dogs name is Spencer, he goes by "Chuck".

I find my inspiration in the stones. I was going through my friends box of gemstones and she almost became topaz because that my birthstone, but it didn't seem to fit. Then I came across the sapphire. With my huskys blue eyes, it was so perfect. When she had pups, I kept the scheme pretty much the same Jasper, Topaz, Ruby, and then there were Blue and Fred. For the life of me, I can't remember what I named the sixth pup.

Only downside is that my sister feels bad for saphy because I gave her a strippers name (lol). My dad down the tradition to her. She is "Blue" dad and sister.
cindyklatt

QUOTE 10/4/2006 12:43:09 PM
You all have some great ideas and you are amusing as well. I got some great laughs out of you last night and I needed them - thank you!

One of my favorite names so far is Sadie.

Chantilly Lace is cute - Tilly for short... dogs need a two syllable name with hard consanants to really be able to "hear" them from what I understand. I've been doing a little reading on this.

I hope your names keep coming - thanks for all the input so far!

Cindy
margaretpr

QUOTE 10/4/2006 9:01:02 PM
What about Brigitte or, because of her color.. Peachy?
Post Reply New Topic