Bruzzer

Bruzzer

jpowell2

QUOTE 10/3/2006 3:03:11 PM
will pecans or pecan shells make a puppy sick
cannonfarms

QUOTE 10/3/2006 4:54:12 PM
could very possibly do so, if the edges are sharp enough they could tear up the insides..
note. because i know reptile bedding is made out of pecan and walnutt shells they are finly ground and shouldnt do more than give the dog runs..
If you puppy is sick take it to the vet
jpowell2

QUOTE 10/3/2006 5:34:33 PM
i feel he is got a upset tummy, found a few spots in his bed where he had up chucked the pecon shells. Thanks if he not better tomorrow i take him in. He isn't doing much but sleeping.
cannonfarms

QUOTE 10/3/2006 8:09:08 PM
the only trouble with that is if he is in pain from it i could be cutting up his insides, if hes stomch is tender please dont wait
rescuewench

QUOTE 10/3/2006 8:19:31 PM
i find NO references to pecans being toxic to dogs the nuts -

BUT i did find macaademia nuts can cause paralysis in the rear legs of dogs.

BUT i do NOT know if its temp. or a forever thing.

RW

mja1103

QUOTE 10/5/2006 3:58:57 PM
Dogs can develop an allergic reaction to nuts. For that reason it is best not to give any kind of nuts- walnuts, pecans, peanuts, etc, to a dog. This is just not a matter of getting the pecans out of your dog's system, it is a matter of dealing with the allergic reaction your dog most likely has developed because of the ingestion of pecans. A distended stomach and vomiting are indications to take your dog to a vet ASAP. Also, the hulls around the Pecan may harbor toxic mold.
Post Reply New Topic