how long do dogs stay pregnant?

how long do dogs stay pregnant?

kellierockz123

4/27/2006 10:10:13 PM
my dog stomy as beed pregnant for a month how long does she have?
suebgone

4/28/2006 12:59:13 AM
5 more weeks, but why is she pregnant? How old is she? What breed?
animalluver8

4/28/2006 1:33:34 PM

Quote suebgone:

5 more weeks, but why is she pregnant? How old is she? What breed?
What's done is done. I don't think it would be wise to start this feud up again. All one can do now is educate the OP.
dobiegurl313

4/28/2006 2:17:24 PM

Quote animalluver8:

What's done is done. I don't think it would be wise to start this feud up again. All one can do now is educate the OP.
funnybunny

4/28/2006 2:29:01 PM
On average it's about 62 days but can vary with different breeds, and definitely if complications arise. All I have to say is you should have known this before your dog got pregnant, however I will not start a whole argument on that issue. Good luck with the puppies.
thminis

4/29/2006 12:02:42 AM

Quote funnybunny:

On average it's about 62 days but can vary with different breeds, and definitely if complications arise. All I have to say is you should have known this before your dog got pregnant, however I will not start a whole argument on that issue. Good luck with the puppies.
I agree with everyone, though she should have known this, its already done. So why not share your dog's journey with us? More info would be great if you feel like sharing. Good luck w/the pregnancies/puppies and keep us updated if you can
gbat1stop

4/29/2006 12:17:55 AM

Quote kellierockz123:

my dog stomy as beed pregnant for a month how long does she have?
When you say a month, are you counting 28, 30 or 31 days? A female is pregnant anywhere from 58-63 days. Any more or less should cause concern.
angiie17

11/2/2006 3:17:58 PM
My Chocolate Lab, Abby is pregnant...How long are Lab's usually pregnant for?
foxfire_ga79

11/2/2006 3:59:49 PM
The two one post wonders in this thread are OBVIOUSLY trolls.

I think from here on out we shouldn't reply to the idiots who ask questions like this. How hard is it to Google 'dog pregnancy?'
noskiveez

11/2/2006 5:24:48 PM
What day was the dog bred?
gbat1stop

11/3/2006 7:32:27 AM

Quote angiie17:

My Chocolate Lab, Abby is pregnant...How long are Lab's usually pregnant for?
Is your lab not a dog? The original question was about how long a dog is pregnant and that question was answered.

It amazes me that someone would come here and hunt for a 7 month old thread rather than to google "canine pregnancy".
maoseger1010

11/3/2006 7:48:41 AM

Quote gbat1stop:

Is your lab not a dog? The original question was about how long a dog is pregnant and that question was answered.

It amazes me that someone would come here and hunt for a 7 month old thread rather than to google "canine pregnancy".
I'm guessing that this person is very young.
2pupmom

11/3/2006 9:27:31 PM

I just can't help giggling about this. So stupid yet so entertaining!

I love reading the replies.
xainmax

11/7/2006 9:49:16 PM
I have a pair of doberman of about 1.5 year old , how long she`ll get pregnant ?
This is my first experience .
foxfire_ga79

11/7/2006 10:12:42 PM

Quote xainmax:

I have a pair of doberman of about 1.5 year old , how long she`ll get pregnant ?
This is my first experience .
GET A LIFE AND GO TROLLING SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!

I don't know why the moderators don't just lock threads like this. These are nothing but trouble!
oscar_22

11/9/2006 4:46:51 PM

Quote foxfire_ga79:

I don't know why the moderators don't just lock threads like this. These are nothing but trouble!
You apparently can't read or were too ignorant to see the "Respect other members" Community Forum Rule.

I am not 17. I am not a 1st time dog owner. I am not a troll and haven't known one since Billy Goat's Gruff when I was four year old. I did find my Mastiff puppy on this website in September 2006. I thought I would look through this site and see what it had to offer. I thought I would read through the posts and maybe find some educated individuals that have more experience with certain breeds than I, maybe to share puppy stories with or just a friendly reassuring voice to help ease my mind on concerns I might have while raising my puppy. I'm sure if Angiie17 was looking for a dictionary definition or a list of websites to search from Jeeves, she would have looked elsewhere. I can only assume that most are referring to this website and these posts for the same reason I am.

Unfortunately, it looks like I've found some third grade bullies. It's ridiculous that you couldn't just help them out and answer their questions, offer reassuring advice and most importantly reserve judgement.

I only hope that if I need to access this site for real advice some day, I am able to find a true dog lover with a little more a respect and maturity than you.
foxfire_ga79

11/9/2006 5:21:13 PM

Quote oscar_22:

You apparently can't read or were too ignorant to see the "Respect other members" Community Forum Rule.

I am not 17. I am not a 1st time dog owner. I am not a troll and haven't known one since Billy Goat's Gruff when I was four year old. I did find my Mastiff puppy on this website in September 2006. I thought I would look through this site and see what it had to offer. I thought I would read through the posts and maybe find some educated individuals that have more experience with certain breeds than I, maybe to share puppy stories with or just a friendly reassuring voice to help ease my mind on concerns I might have while raising my puppy. I'm sure if Angiie17 was looking for a dictionary definition or a list of websites to search from Jeeves, she would have looked elsewhere. I can only assume that most are referring to this website and these posts for the same reason I am.

Unfortunately, it looks like I've found some third grade bullies. It's ridiculous that you couldn't just help them out and answer their questions, offer reassuring advice and most importantly reserve judgement.

I only hope that if I need to access this site for real advice some day, I am able to find a true dog lover with a little more a respect and maturity than you.
Wow, you sure put me in my place!!!!
kaylal

11/10/2006 10:25:24 PM

Quote gbat1stop:

When you say a month, are you counting 28, 30 or 31 days? A female is pregnant anywhere from 58-63 days. Any more or less should cause concern.
i agree with her on the 58-63days
but im new to this sight and im curious to know why you guys are insulting her intelligence instead of just simply answering her ?..maybe she wasnt aware her dog had gotten pregnant..stupid i know but its possible
foxfire_ga79

11/10/2006 10:32:59 PM

Quote kaylal:

i agree with her on the 58-63days
but im new to this sight and im curious to know why you guys are insulting her intelligence instead of just simply answering her ?..maybe she wasnt aware her dog had gotten pregnant..stupid i know but its possible
The first 6 replies really weren't that rude. Our first clue that it's a troll is when it's the person's first post and then they don't come back to answer any of the questions we ask. One post wonders as we call them.
Only after that second one post wonder did I get annoyed. They do the same thing over and over again. It's always the same questions....How can I tell if my dog is going into labor, or how can I tell if she's pregnant. I bought a dog from this person 3000 miles away with no contract and now it has parvo, can I get my money back?

No, the first 6 replies in this thread were helpful, or they were requests for more info. When the OP never came back, I knew it was just another troll.
imwatchingyou

5/8/2007 10:11:23 PM

Quote foxfire_ga79:

***Edited***