Pomeranian Hair (tangles& Matted)

Pomeranian Hair (tangles& Matted)

tilly6

QUOTE 4/23/2006 8:52:17 PM
My pomeranian dog has matted hair. I tried to brush it I tried giving her a bath and leaving the conditioner on to brush it and I tried No More tangles nothing has worked. I do NOT what to shave it. Please help me What works ? Thanks For the HELP
GAB5588@aol.com
maoseger1010

QUOTE 4/23/2006 9:05:23 PM

Quote tilly6:

My pomeranian dog has matted hair. I tried to brush it I tried giving her a bath and leaving the conditioner on to brush it and I tried No More tangles nothing has worked. I do NOT what to shave it. Please help me What works ? Thanks For the HELP
GAB5588@aol.com
Sounds like you need to take her to a groomer. They can help you get the matts under control. Now that you've gotten them wet its going to be very hard to get them out. They will use a special mat ripper and clip the one's they can't rip.

luvzpuppz

QUOTE 4/23/2006 9:21:44 PM

And in the future, a good way to get out little tangles (that inevitably show up in the under coat), use a spray-on conditioner whenever you brush the dog.

To avoid matted fur, it is a good idea to brush a pom every day or every other day. I use a slicker brush for the top coat and a rake for the bottom coat. I also always spray on emolient/conditioner before I brush with each brush to make things go through easily and without pulling.

Here is the conditioner I use: http://www.gwlittle.com/product.php?id=412
ptcullins

QUOTE 4/23/2006 10:11:50 PM

Quote tilly6:

GAB5588@aol.com
Hi Tilly6,

I lost my Pom on Christmas Day after 8 years, but that is neither here nor there. I read that it is not good to brush a pom every day, that it damages their coat. I only brushed Nikki thourghly once a week or so and had her groomed every 5-6 weeks. Before I got a special shampoo from the vet because of her dry skin she used to get matted a lot. I purchased a dematting comb (or rake) and it worked like a charm. That and a lot of patience. It seems like after I purchased the shampoo (you can only get it through the vet and it was called something like Moisturizing Pearls I don't remember exactly) she didn't very seldom got matts. The rake/comb is very sharp on one side and dull on the other and cuts through the matts so that they can be combed right out. Might buy one, it worked great for me. I also used crazy dog conditioning/detangling spray when ever I brushed her. Hope this helps. Poms are the best breed ever as far as I am concerned.
Post Reply New Topic