DoberDane????

DoberDane????

doglvrindc

QUOTE 4/15/2006 10:55:12 AM
I had a big black Doberdane as a kid. He had the sweetest tempermant and was extremely bright. It's now time for another dog but am having trouble finding a doberdane. Does anyone out there know much about finding mixed breeds especially this mix? Any help is appreciated.
apbtlover

QUOTE 4/15/2006 11:24:57 PM

Quote doglvrindc:

I had a big black Doberdane as a kid. He had the sweetest tempermant and was extremely bright. It's now time for another dog but am having trouble finding a doberdane. Does anyone out there know much about finding mixed breeds especially this mix? Any help is appreciated.
bump
doggypassion

QUOTE 4/15/2006 11:27:31 PM

Quote doglvrindc:

Try [edited per forum rules) otherwise your best bet is to just search the web, everywhere. Good luck.

maoseger1010
_wolf_

QUOTE 4/16/2006 12:01:37 AM
*bump* again
kally2000

QUOTE 4/16/2006 12:32:47 AM

Quote _wolf_:

*bump* again
BUMP! /giggle I havent heard this breedin on purpose. Gettin my dane puppy day after tomorrow I have read and learned alot of this breed. I will be fixing my girl so cant help you on your puppy breed choice.
edited per forum rules maoseger maybe a post on one of those or speak to some breeders may help you?
BTW that does sound like a nice mix.
obiesmom2

QUOTE 4/16/2006 12:34:26 AM
A "Doberdane", I hope was an accidental breeding and I pray there is no one out there intentionally mixing the breeds. Check your local Dane rescues to see if that combo is available. I guess you could check Doberman rescues as well.

I would imagine that mix is not one that you come across to frequently.

Try to think back and determine what characteristics you especially liked about your past dog. Was it a Dane trait or a Doberman trait? Maybe tally up the score and search the rescues for a Dane or a Dobie-Just a thought. Best wishes in your search.

Kim and Obie

funnybunny

QUOTE 4/16/2006 12:40:16 AM
I haven't heard of this dog before and I also haven't seen one so i'm not sure how easy it would be to locate one of this specific mix. However, there are many Dane mixes as well as Dobe mixes up for adoption which you could most likely find on www.petfinder.com. They have many adoptable dogs. I'm not sure how much luck you will have tracking down a dog of this specific mix. It doesn't seem like a common happening for a Doberman and Great Dane to accidentally breed, and then being relinquished to a shelter or adoption agency. Your chances aren't all that great I must say. What I would do is contact a Doberman or Great Dane rescue and see what dogs they have up for adoption. There must have been something specific in the dog that you enjoyed the most. If that is the case, then you could pick out a mix of the Dobe and something else, or the Dane and something else. Or even get a purebred from a rescue organization.
kally2000

QUOTE 4/16/2006 1:45:56 AM

Quote funnybunny:

I haven't heard of this dog before and I also haven't seen one so i'm not sure how easy it would be to locate one of this specific mix. However, there are many Dane mixes as well as Dobe mixes up for adoption which you could most likely find on www.petfinder.com. They have many adoptable dogs. I'm not sure how much luck you will have tracking down a dog of this specific mix. It doesn't seem like a common happening for a Doberman and Great Dane to accidentally breed, and then being relinquished to a shelter or adoption agency. Your chances aren't all that great I must say. What I would do is contact a Doberman or Great Dane rescue and see what dogs they have up for adoption. There must have been something specific in the dog that you enjoyed the most. If that is the case, then you could pick out a mix of the Dobe and something else, or the Dane and something else. Or even get a purebred from a rescue organization.
If you ever have questions about bad breeders or dane problems just ask kim of kim and obie, she has been there done that sadly. hugs kim hope obie is doin well at this post. BTW has he had bloat? I have been reading so much my tear ducts are getting sore /sniff
dobiegurl313

QUOTE 4/16/2006 4:39:06 AM
My grandma had a great dane Dobie mix when I was a kid. The biggest dog I have ever seen. He was a brute too, he used my grandma's bumber (after he tore it off) of her car as a chew toy.
graceemily

QUOTE 4/16/2006 7:56:58 AM
It sounds like a nice combination but I sincerely hope no-one is out there breeding them intentionally. Dobermanns and Danes are prone to a lot of joint and back problems, as well as some of the same physical problems. It would be really unwise for anyone to mix these two breeds if they weren't testing and had poor quality dogs to begin with.
hunnyste

QUOTE 4/17/2008 6:50:24 AM

Quote doglvrindc:

doberdanes, my daughters dog is about to give birth do some......she due in a few weeks, cant wait to see them......mum is black and tan doberman and dad is a blue great dane......i wonder what colour they will be........it wasnt a "planned" mating, i never knew there were doberdanes out there atall.........
suebgone

QUOTE 4/19/2008 8:46:20 PM
considering this thread is 2 years old I would doubt she is still looking for one.

I sincerely hope you will be getting your dog/dogs neutered ASAP for their health as well as no more "unplanned" litters.

large dogs, especially black ones, are being killed by the thousands every week in shelters.

they usually wind up tied outside for life because the owner didn't take the time to train them.

just a tip - most states it is illegal to remove them before 8 weeks. they're going to be awfully large by then
frankiefrankie

QUOTE 5/25/2008 3:03:11 PM

Quote hunnyste:

doberdanes, my daughters dog is about to give birth do some......she due in a few weeks, cant wait to see them......mum is black and tan doberman and dad is a blue great dane......i wonder what colour they will be........it wasnt a "planned" mating, i never knew there were doberdanes out there atall.........
Hi..

Hope the puppies are happy and healthy!! I had a Doberdane,once that was an outstanding Dog...strong boned, healthy, happy, and long-lived!!

edited maoseger1010
suebgone

QUOTE 5/25/2008 9:38:36 PM
frankie, it can be very dangerous to put your personal information out there. I would suggest you just post your email addy.

since this post is over 2 yrs old hopefully she got the dog spayed & there've been no more
blacknbart

QUOTE 7/29/2008 6:30:15 PM
My best buddy Rudie died two years ago he was a 150 pound black and rust Uber Dobie dane. Very Smart, cunning,thoughtful and playful. Great with kids and other animals. He had both the fine qualities of a Doberman as well the grace and size of a Dane. A true sweetheart and great K-9 companion. I miss him and would love to find one again. I disspell any nay sayers about this mix I think it was a great combo.It is true about hip and bloat issue, but Rudie was in best of health and very strong. I kept him active and feed him with a strict diet. He loved hiking, chasing tennis balls ,swimming and romping around with his best pal Topper the Boston Terrier. If you want to see pictures of him please email me I will let you check'em out.

Good luck,

Bart
pythonzeve

QUOTE 7/12/2011 12:07:13 PM

Quote blacknbart:

My best buddy Rudie died two years ago he was a 150 pound black and rust Uber Dobie dane. Very Smart, cunning,thoughtful and playful. Great with kids and other animals. He had both the fine qualities of a Doberman as well the grace and size of a Dane. A true sweetheart and great K-9 companion. I miss him and would love to find one again. I disspell any nay sayers about this mix I think it was a great combo.It is true about hip and bloat issue, but Rudie was in best of health and very strong. I kept him active and feed him with a strict diet. He loved hiking, chasing tennis balls ,swimming and romping around with his best pal Topper the Boston Terrier. If you want to see pictures of him please email me I will let you check'em out.

Good luck,

Bart
I agree with Bart, especially to naysayers. To those who balk at mixing two breeds I'd like to bring attention to how most "purebred" dogs got there. Can't remember? By mixing other breeds together. Doberman's breed structure has German Pinscher, Beauceron, Rottweiler, Thuringian Sylvan, Greyhound, GREAT DANE, Weimaraner, German Shorthaired Pointer, Manchester Terrier and Old German Shepherd Dog. Wow really?! Yes. The true origins of Great Danes is largely a speculative mystery, but are thought to have English Mastiff and Irish Wolfhound in them.

Testing of ANY breeding animal and insuring good homes for any pups with a return policy so they don't get shoved into shelters is the responsible thing to do in my opinion, but I do not see the sense in strictly limiting pet ownership to "purebred" animals. I have a doberman and took advantage of a vet school tacking the stomachs of animals at discounted (large dogs) and free (small dogs) rates. All of my dogs are on closely monitored home-made, all natural, grain free diets and so on. I would LOVE a DoberDane as my next animal as I've researched thoroughly the traits these mixes can result in and IMO the middle ground of this would be the perfect dog for ME. I love Dobers, I love Danes. A large, gentle dog with black and tan markings, mix of head/muzzle, intelligence of a Dober and social trates of a Dane.... I could go on though I won't, but I just melt at the mental picture!

Oh I almost forgot! Bart if you're still on this list (I realize it's been a couple years) I would LOVE some pictures of Rudie!!!

jimmyswagger3

QUOTE 6/1/2013 7:48:49 PM
i have a liter of beautiful doberdane puppies just born 05/14/2013. i have one black girl if u were looking for the same color. two grey puppies with blue eyes and a couple brown ones.
jea10

QUOTE 9/4/2013 5:50:17 PM
Hi, I have a litter of Doberdane's on the way too...well, basically. My female Canis Panther (buckskin/red w/black mask) & male Great Dane (grey/black w/ a white blaze and a couple other little spots-merle) got together. I kept them apart for 6 weeks and still, somehow it happened....probably my grandson. They are both in really good health and have excellent temperaments. I'm just wondering what they are going to look like colorwise and physically b/c my CP is like a huge Doberman just a different color. She's 27" @ the withers all muslce and weighs about 110lbs. And the male is 34" @ the withers and I have no idea how much he weighs...it's got to be at least 150. I haven't weighed him. All I know is that when he steps on my toes it hurts like heck. My female does it and it hurts too, but nothing like him. So, do you have any pictures of your pups? And what about the parents size, weight, etc? I'd be really interested in knowing how they turned out and what the parents were like! Thanks!!!
jea10

QUOTE 9/4/2013 5:58:29 PM
Hi, I have a litter of Doberdane's on the way too...well, basically. My female Canis Panther (buckskin/red w/black mask) & male Great Dane (grey/black w/ a white blaze and a couple other little spots) got together. I kept them apart for 6 weeks and still, somehow it happened....probably my grandson. They are both in really good health and have excellent temperaments. I'm just wondering what they are going to look like colorwise and physically b/c my CP is like a huge Doberman just a different color. She's 27" @ the withers all muslce and weighs about 110lbs. And the male is 34" @ the withers and I have no idea how much he weighs...it's got to be at least 150. I haven't weighed him. All I know is that when he steps on my toes it hurts like heck. My female does it and it hurts too, but nothing like him. So, do you have any pictures of your pups? And what about the parents size, weight, etc? I'd be really interested in knowing how they turned out and what the parents were like! Thanks!!!
Post Reply New Topic