Chihuahua loose green stools!

Chihuahua loose green stools!

christianchick

QUOTE 3/31/2006 5:02:33 PM
My 12 week old Chihuahua has been having loose stools, some green is this serious?
She has been very healthly exept for this.

Thanks!
anasazi

QUOTE 3/31/2006 5:07:57 PM
You need to have a vet check her out.. Loose green stools is not normal.. Given the fact that she is the smallest of the toy breeds, she could dehydrate fast and die. I would not blow this off in hopes the problem will go away.. it could be a fatal illness.
christianchick

QUOTE 3/31/2006 5:54:14 PM
She has only had it today, and she has been drinking and eating fine, Is this a sympton of anything?
funnybunny

QUOTE 3/31/2006 6:01:13 PM

Quote christianchick:

She has only had it today, and she has been drinking and eating fine, Is this a sympton of anything?
It is hard to say. Your dog could have eaten something funny or could have an illness. Loose stools can be a result of many different things and the vet can only determine what the problem is, if there is any problem. I would call your vet and ask them about it, and even schedule an appointment. Sure, the dog could be acting fine right now but if it is an illness or even something wrong with her tummy, it could progress being that she is still only a puppy.
anasazi

QUOTE 3/31/2006 6:23:37 PM
It could be a bacterial imbalance in digestive tract. If thats the case, your vet will prescribe a medication to clear the problem.

You really need to take your puppy to the vet. HAs she seen a vet yet since youve had her?
emlee3

QUOTE 3/31/2006 7:04:20 PM

Quote christianchick:

My 12 week old Chihuahua has been having loose stools, some green is this serious?

Thanks!
you should def. take her to the vet if the diarrhea continues.. i dunno why it would be green..might be the type of food you give her..too much iron? it also maybe because the food doesn't go through the large intestine because i know human's is green when it's a "bolus" i think..i forget.it's been awhile since i took anatomy =P
maoseger1010

QUOTE 4/1/2006 12:48:32 AM

Quote christianchick:

Thanks!
Have you changed her food? At twelve weeks they are into everything and eating anything that can be put in their mouths. Loose stools are not the same as diarrea. If the stools are soft but still formed then take away her normal food and feed her only boiled chicken and whole grain rice for a day or so. Also add pedialite to her water. If the stools are liquid and not solid. Call your vet.
jboth91

QUOTE 4/2/2006 12:31:38 PM

Quote anasazi:

You need to have a vet check her out.. Loose green stools is not normal.. Given the fact that she is the smallest of the toy breeds, she could dehydrate fast and die. I would not blow this off in hopes the problem will go away.. it could be a fatal illness.
dito. if there is an infection or something in the intestine she will develope allergies when she older(mostly skin). My vet told me that this could have happened to my dog when she was a pup and it is proboly the cause of her allergies.Hurry and take her in to the vet !
Post Reply New Topic