New to forum

New to forum

jcbohio

QUOTE 2/11/2005 1:16:34 AM
I found this site by accident. I have 2 Bichons. Both adopted through Small Paws Rescue. The female is nearly 3 yrs old. The male is 9mos. old and a puppy mill rescue. So far, I've had very few problems with either. Brady - 9mo old is just now "lifting" his leg. I'm concerned about marking and watch him like a hawk. Any suggestions that may help me? Shiloh, my darling girl has a very bad habit. She eats poop!!! Help. Any suggestions.

jcbohio
ppyluv_4

QUOTE 2/14/2005 12:58:46 AM
In regards to your poop-eating puppy, I used a supplement made for this purpose that I obtained at my local pet store. It worked like a charm!
pringle

QUOTE 2/21/2005 7:11:59 PM
for the poop puppy the reason they eat it is because they smell nutriants that have not been digestid and they dont no when they will eat next but sorry i dont no how to stop it
scout1

QUOTE 2/22/2005 9:51:39 AM
welcome to the site. to curb the marking behavior you could have him neutered. that will solve that problem for you. as for eating poop....try adding accent meat tendierizer on his food, or getting a product called forbid from your vet and adding that to his food. or you can put pinapple juice in his water which will make the poop taste bitter. good luck
maoseger1010

QUOTE 2/22/2005 11:13:53 AM

Quote pringle:

for the poop puppy the reason they eat it is because they smell nutriants that have not been digestid and they dont no when they will eat next but sorry i dont no how to stop it
I'm sorry but I don't believe that statement is based in fact. No one seems to know why dogs eat poop. I've spoken to many vets and no one knows. Most tell me the same thing, some dogs just aquire a taste for it. You can try the over the counter stuff. Most vets will tell you to try to keep the poop picked up so your dog can't eat it. I've had trainers tell me that you should clean your yard of all poop except one pile and put hot pepper on that one and when the dog eats it they won't like it any more and may not want to eat it again. Good luck!
Its gross but it won't hurt them.
dogpoopguy

QUOTE 1/17/2010 2:01:30 PM
Nothing is certain, and probably different dogs have different motives.

Post Reply New Topic