Do not buy from Peter Katsaras!

Do not buy from Peter Katsaras!

funnybunny

1/9/2006 4:54:56 PM
HIs original website and kennel was shut down. Unfortunately, he just opened up another one. Tonka Bear Kennels. The same problems there are with Kataras Kennels. They are the two same people running this place, and are selling puppies from the dogs they had before the problems occured. Unless this man is put behind bars and all of his dogs confiscated, he will keep doing the same thing over and over and because of the FAKE papers he offers, they will think they have a right to breeding. Many of them do just because they have a piece of paper saying it is rare or a purebred. Tisk tisk
paige0313

1/9/2006 5:40:56 PM
Here is what I do not understand: There is an APB out for him right now b/c he did not show up in October for his court date. It kept getting pushed back and pushed back. At this point, I don't care about the money - I care about JUSTICE. I care about him PAYING for what he did to a TON of people. You can see where he has settled out of court w/ some people. If you would have seen our two dogs - one at 50 something pounds and boundless energy, and my precious babygirl barely breaking 35 - 40 pounds at 4 months old... feeble and crippled and crying when she'd play... HOW COULD YOU POSSIBLY THINK ABOUT BREEDING YOUR DOG WHEN YOU HEAR STORIES LIKE THIS!
funnybunny

1/9/2006 9:42:35 PM
The funny thing is, he was recently on The People's Court in Miami. This was in late November/Early december. It was new as well. I'm not sure why they didn't say something about that or even check up on it. Previously filmed maybe? I don't know. Either way, this man is still in Miami, still selling puppies, and still running a puppy mill. Sometimes when you think justice has been served, it hasn't. They string this along until they eventually forget about it.
fulton24390

1/10/2006 10:47:05 PM
CROOKS THAT SOLD ME A ROTTIE on 10-1-04 . I Tried Many, Many times to get the papers for the puppy I purchased. I spoke to George, Peter , Spiral & one other.Got many different stories, having trouble with AKC, George had a Stroke, I'm currently out of town, I had to fire and employee, etc etc. Still no papers. I paid 1,500.00 for a male. He use to stay in the yard until the neighbors dog started coming over, now they roam and the dog can not be left out in the yard and I have 21 Acres. We have horses and the dog harasses them, he's been kicked in the face several times and still continues at them. He will not come to you no matter what you do. If anyone has food in their hand he will jump up on them and take it. He was being held on a leash in the back of the truck and wanted out when my son stopped and got out and my grandson kept holding him til the dog turned around and bit him. I called George Katsaras when the dog was about 6 months old and told him I wanted to get rid of the dog and needed the papers. All he did was tell me this dog was from Germany and bred to round up horses. Yeah Right. He is so powerful that he can knock you over with just one jump. Although he wants to be played with I do not trust the dog around the kids. They have 4 wheelers and if he is loose he chases them and grabs the tires and pokes holes in them. I have had to replace more tires on 4 wheelers and lawn mowers it is ridiculous. When I told Peter how stubborn he was he said and I quote " Tell it to GOD" .. If I could of jumped through that phone I would have grabbed him by the neck. There Must be a way to have this guy put in jail for a long time. I have a nephew that works for the Florida State Police and I am going to forward these comments to. We brought his website up again and I work for a web hosting company and am going to find out how to have him OFF the internet. He is a Crook, A Liar, A Theif, and as Takes advantage of people wanting to purchase a good puppy. It just goes to show you that just because you paid a lot of money for something does not mean you got the Best. Since it was my son that bought the dog I won't take the blame for not doing the research , but I intend to see this man GO DOWN. By the way there are more of these people out there. Maybe if we all get together we could do a Law Suite on this JERK and the others working with him. my email is barb@minerva.net in case you would like to join in helping me SHUT THIS GUY DOWN.
funnybunny

1/10/2006 11:15:34 PM

Quote fulton24390:

CROOKS THAT SOLD ME A ROTTIE on 10-1-04 . I Tried Many, Many times to get the papers for the puppy I purchased. I spoke to George, Peter , Spiral & one other.Got many different stories, having trouble with AKC, George had a Stroke, I'm currently out of town, I had to fire and employee, etc etc. Still no papers. I paid 1,500.00 for a male. He use to stay in the yard until the neighbors dog started coming over, now they roam and the dog can not be left out in the yard and I have 21 Acres. We have horses and the dog harasses them, he's been kicked in the face several times and still continues at them. He will not come to you no matter what you do. If anyone has food in their hand he will jump up on them and take it. He was being held on a leash in the back of the truck and wanted out when my son stopped and got out and my grandson kept holding him til the dog turned around and bit him. I called George Katsaras when the dog was about 6 months old and told him I wanted to get rid of the dog and needed the papers. All he did was tell me this dog was from Germany and bred to round up horses. Yeah Right. He is so powerful that he can knock you over with just one jump. Although he wants to be played with I do not trust the dog around the kids. They have 4 wheelers and if he is loose he chases them and grabs the tires and pokes holes in them. I have had to replace more tires on 4 wheelers and lawn mowers it is ridiculous. When I told Peter how stubborn he was he said and I quote " Tell it to GOD" .. If I could of jumped through that phone I would have grabbed him by the neck. There Must be a way to have this guy put in jail for a long time. I have a nephew that works for the Florida State Police and I am going to forward these comments to. We brought his website up again and I work for a web hosting company and am going to find out how to have him OFF the internet. He is a Crook, A Liar, A Theif, and as Takes advantage of people wanting to purchase a good puppy. It just goes to show you that just because you paid a lot of money for something does not mean you got the Best. Since it was my son that bought the dog I won't take the blame for not doing the research , but I intend to see this man GO DOWN. By the way there are more of these people out there. Maybe if we all get together we could do a Law Suite on this JERK and the others working with him. my email is barb@minerva.net in case you would like to join in helping me SHUT THIS GUY DOWN.
Peter Katsaras stated that he never uses the AKC, therefore he has been lying to you. My suspicion is that he has been banned from the AKC due to irresponsible breeding practices. You will NEVER receive the papers he said he would give you.

As for your puppy, training is the only option. Rehoming this dog would not be in his best interest. His problems would most likely only worsen through time. If you use the proper training techniques, he will become a very loving and well behaved dog. Training does indeed take patience with any dog, even if it is the smartest breed such as the Border collie. They still require a lot of time and dedication to make them the perfect companion. If you are not willing to take the time, take him to a professional trainer at Petsmart. They will gladly train your dog for you and it is not that expensive. These problems can be overcome with the proper technique and patience that a dog requires. These are merely behavioral issues that can and will go away if you sit down with the dog, and teach him right from wrong. If a dog feels that biting is the only way to break free and get what he wants, he will do it. That's what they know how to do and they will use that when they feel they have to. He needs training, plain and simple.
christin1

1/11/2006 12:33:41 AM
Chaos and Anarchy? I won't even comment on the fact that, that is what you named your 2 "perfect" animals.
Did you know that CKC, Continental Kennel Club not Canadian Kennel Club, has NO credibility whatsoever? They are a crap registry. I could go find a Rottie off the street and get it some CKC papers!
The good thing is that more and more people are doing their research and you will have a difficult time selling your CKC mutts. Maybe you'll get stuck with all the puppies and breed them and then breed their offspring and soon you can be just like your hero "Peter, George, Spiro Katsaras".
Good luck to you on that! Hope to see you in the headlines going to jail.
doctork9

1/11/2006 2:32:06 AM

Quote christin1:

Chaos and Anarchy? I won't even comment on the fact that, that is what you named your 2 "perfect" animals.
Did you know that CKC, Continental Kennel Club not Canadian Kennel Club, has NO credibility whatsoever? They are a crap registry. I could go find a Rottie off the street and get it some CKC papers!
The good thing is that more and more people are doing their research and you will have a difficult time selling your CKC mutts. Maybe you'll get stuck with all the puppies and breed them and then breed their offspring and soon you can be just like your hero "Peter, George, Spiro Katsaras".
Good luck to you on that! Hope to see you in the headlines going to jail.
yeah well when I bought Ann I didnt ever know about Katsaras's bad rep if I would have known I wouldnt have drove accross the country to buy her I am in the same situation as everyone else that has been swindled by Katsaras.I am just trying to make the best of my situation when Anarchy was 6 months old and I relized it wasnt looking good i shouldnt have bought her without papers in hand , no way i would ever consider giving her up i became attached to her imedietly when i first got her. my male was givin to me by a friend and he is CKC and yes i know its not the hardest kennel club to get a dog registered to which is why i can register Ann without to much trouble but I disagree that slam on the credibility of them though, I am not the person everyone is trying to make me out to be I do not suport puppy mills specificaly Katsaras kennels , but I do not have any regrets Anarchy makes a fine loving addition to my family and has been a healthy perfect in all ways I cannot find any real reason to not breed her I love puppies and have considered keeping whole litters well actualy i would only want males I wouldnt want any inbreeding to happen, a pack of rotties sounds like a good thing to have and might be a possibility in my future
please comment on my naming my dogs Chaos and Anarchy
christin1

1/11/2006 10:13:08 AM
OK is ChaosAndAnarchy suddenly DoctorK9? Whatever. Anyway, I would like to know why you disagree with my statement about CKC? If you already know that any dog off the street can be registered with them, what makes you think they have any credibility?? Maybe your dogs are beautiful and georgeous and can pass all tests like CERF, PRA, OFA(hips and elbows) and so on, but the fact remains that you have NO info on the parents. Even if you picked up your puppies in person from this guy and saw the parents. How do you know the ones he is saying are the parents, really are? You even told someone else on here that the papers they received from this guy were probably from another litter! Anyone breeding dogs should know that they need to know everything about the parents grandparents and all the greats back several generations to be able to succesfully breed the puppy that you are trying to acheive. You may have wonderful intentions and maybe you really think breeding your 2 would create perfect puppies, but with thier background you may find yourself in a big mess. I'm not trying to be nice or trying to be mean, these are just facts.
funnybunny

1/11/2006 12:45:14 PM
A pack of Rottweiler's would be nice? Do you know how crazy that sounds. A pack of dogs is not nice in any way. Without proper socialization with each one at least an hour per day, they will become a true pack. Of course considering you are their owner, they would accept you as part of it, but what about other people? They will become aggressive towards them because they are in a large group. It's crazy to say that you would like to have a pack of dogs. Breeding your dog is not a good idea, especially because the dog came from a known puppy mill. You know he runs a puppy mill, I know he runs a puppy mill, yet you still insist on breeding the dog. You are disregarding anything I have said, and everyone else. This board was not created for people like you. The people that don't care whether or not their dogs are a good representation of the breed, or don't care that their dog came from a puppy mill. I can guarantee you, this dog is not good breeding quality. They never are when they are from a pet store, puppy mill, or even a broker. But obviously, you don't care about that. The CKC also has no credibility at all. My Miniature Pinscher is CKC registered, but her grandparents were AKC registered and she has champion bloodlines. She was a very well bred dog so the CKC registration does not bother me. It's about the dog being of good quality, suitable for breeding and i'm sure your dog is not. Why not supply some pictures so we can see? Then maybe you wouldn't get so many rude remarks regarding your wanting to breed.
mjanddobes

1/11/2006 5:17:26 PM

Quote fulton24390:

The person you bought the dog from may be a crook, but the problems with the dog itself has everything to do with you and nothing with where the dog came from. You got a big, stong intellegent, breed, and then apparently did nothing to train him.... but expected him to stay on your 21 acres.... why would he when he's got a buddy to run with?!

The problems with the dog are YOUR problems... dogs don't train themselves. The problem with the papers are the breeders problem . Don't confuse the two seperate issues.

In addition, letting a dog run loose is asking for trouble. You have come on a public forum and admitted that your dog has bitten someone - do you think it is responsible to let him roam loose..... is he even neutered? If he is not, roaming is something he is going to do - boys will be boys.
funnybunny

1/11/2006 5:24:38 PM

Quote mjanddobes:

The person you bought the dog from may be a crook, but the problems with the dog itself has everything to do with you and nothing with where the dog came from. You got a big, stong intellegent, breed, and then apparently did nothing to train him.... but expected him to stay on your 21 acres.... why would he when he's got a buddy to run with?!

The problems with the dog are YOUR problems... dogs don't train themselves. The problem with the papers are the breeders problem . Don't confuse the two seperate issues.

In addition, letting a dog run loose is asking for trouble. You have come on a public forum and admitted that your dog has bitten someone - do you think it is responsible to let him roam loose..... is he even neutered? If he is not, roaming is something he is going to do - boys will be boys.
Irresponsible is the word to describe this owner.
luvzpuppz

1/11/2006 5:52:13 PM
Chaosandanarchy/DoctorK9:

You need to realize that a back yard breeder like yourself is just as bad as a puppy mill.

I would suggest reading the sites below before you contribute to the euthanization of more dogs!

http://www.jlhweb.net/Boxermap/reputablebreeder.html

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/NoPuppyMillsVA/What_is_a_Backyard_Breeder_/what_is_a_backyard_breeder_.html
paige0313

1/11/2006 6:12:47 PM
OK let's get back to the nitty gritty here - fulton24390 - can't change his dogs or the way they run around - but he does have someone in the police force. I am FREAKING FURIOUS that that SCUM SUCKING WEASEL was on TELEVISION? OMG - this is NOT the first time that I have heard this BS about him being on TV. I met a guy online who of course, is in our situation and he suggested we start our own website - can we get a website named www.katsaraskennels.com - or figure a way that whenever anyone looks it up they come to our website first? I would pay money to host something like that. So far it's like he has run around, obviously scott free - and everytime I call the Agriculture Dept. to find out what is going on - I'm told the same thing - oh, we're working on it. I'm sick to death of Florida and I'm sick to death of the legal process. If my husband ever saw him again - he'd be sorry. He tells me to give it up - but when your heart is broken, and YOU KNOW that he is breaking hearts all over and treating animals poorly -- well HOW CAN I????? So my question is - WHAT CAN WE DO?
mja1103

1/11/2006 6:31:50 PM
If it were me I'd probably become the biggest BI**H they'd ever seen and hound them all the way to H*LL and back. I wouldn't give up until they were so far down they couldn't get up. I realize it's expensive and you've all already lost alot of money, time, and everything else. The website idea was a good one. Keep calling..everyday...and keep track of everything, including how much you've spent so you can hopefully sue this lowlife scum and his associates. It's obvious from reading this thread that the police, the AG dept., and other authorities aren't doing enough. I'm cheering all of you on and wish you all the best!
funnybunny

1/11/2006 6:55:19 PM

Quote paige0313:

OK let's get back to the nitty gritty here - fulton24390 - can't change his dogs or the way they run around - but he does have someone in the police force. I am FREAKING FURIOUS that that SCUM SUCKING WEASEL was on TELEVISION? OMG - this is NOT the first time that I have heard this BS about him being on TV. I met a guy online who of course, is in our situation and he suggested we start our own website - can we get a website named www.katsaraskennels.com - or figure a way that whenever anyone looks it up they come to our website first? I would pay money to host something like that. So far it's like he has run around, obviously scott free - and everytime I call the Agriculture Dept. to find out what is going on - I'm told the same thing - oh, we're working on it. I'm sick to death of Florida and I'm sick to death of the legal process. If my husband ever saw him again - he'd be sorry. He tells me to give it up - but when your heart is broken, and YOU KNOW that he is breaking hearts all over and treating animals poorly -- well HOW CAN I????? So my question is - WHAT CAN WE DO?
Florida is not the problem. I reside in Florida and they're not all like Peter Katsaras. Ginger was bred here in Florida and she is just lovely. There are many great reputable breeders in Florida, but there are also breeders like him. They will be wherever you go, no matter what state you are in. Katsaraskennels.com is gone now and I doubt it will be back considering he has changed the name to Tonka Bear kennels.
mjanddobes

1/11/2006 7:10:48 PM

Quote funnybunny:

Florida is not the problem. I reside in Florida and they're not all like Peter Katsaras. Ginger was bred here in Florida and she is just lovely. There are many great reputable breeders in Florida, but there are also breeders like him. They will be wherever you go, no matter what state you are in. Katsaraskennels.com is gone now and I doubt it will be back considering he has changed the name to Tonka Bear kennels.
terrible breeders are everywhere. I'm from Florida, but have lived in Pennsylvania for the past 9 years.

It is unfortunate that people will lie cheat and steal... everywhere you go. I have to say that Florida seems to have more than its share. I think that is because the population is much more transient (moves around a lot)... and it is easier to continue to scam people in an area like that. The area I live in has a very large native population .... most everyone figures out who the pond scum is quickly because so many people know each other in the area.
funnybunny

1/11/2006 11:28:11 PM

Quote mjanddobes:

terrible breeders are everywhere. I'm from Florida, but have lived in Pennsylvania for the past 9 years.

It is unfortunate that people will lie cheat and steal... everywhere you go. I have to say that Florida seems to have more than its share. I think that is because the population is much more transient (moves around a lot)... and it is easier to continue to scam people in an area like that. The area I live in has a very large native population .... most everyone figures out who the pond scum is quickly because so many people know each other in the area.
That is most likely why Peter Katsaras along with the others are located in Miami. There was a puppy mill closed in Miami a couple of years back that housed 95 puppies and adults. Miami is a very large area and it would be very difficult to weed out each one, and it would also be difficult for prospective buyers to know that they are indeed a puppy mill. Florida does have a large problem, but there are also great breeders in this area. It's all a matter of research.
paige0313

1/11/2006 11:48:27 PM
Welp, for once I agree w/ my husband. I told him that I found this thread and that peter and his cronies are up to their old tricks. Remember - he wants me to just move on and let it go - b/c it is true - he/all of them (peter, george, mike and spiro) will get theirs some day - (Vengence is mine saith the Lord - I love it when those scum bag quote God and scripture)

But what he said was - as many of us that are coming out of the woodwork regarding these scum bags, some day - someone is going to get sick of the lying, cheating and typical bs you always get from them - and they will shoot him. Or hurt him badly - I hope the put THAT on TV!!!!
clar91ence

3/29/2006 9:03:12 PM
Hi. I am kordesperfecta. All the females of Katsaras are now in an exotic animal store run by Mario and Michael Mendez in Miami. I think the girls have always been there and I think it is just the same old ring. The males are at Peter's house. My AOL saved e-mails were erased or I would've been able to get you an address. I think you could look up the Mendez of the internet. I havea book on aggresive Rottis and it has helped me a lot but just tonight she was being possessive with a piece of bagel and bit my son's shoe(had his shoes on)I do not want to breed her. I thought I would tell you that I saw Shaka Zulu at a dog show last Fall and he came in second to a Black Starr. Shaka looks like a Rotti on steroids. He trains near me. I hope the info on the Mendez men in Miami and the exotic animal store will help you.
clar91ence

4/23/2006 6:19:11 PM
I forgot to mention that Michael(or Mario-I think they are the same) has all the papers and litter registration slips for the Katsaras dogs and he says he's willing to look anything up. and they do register AKC