Do Blue Heelers have Blue Eyes?

Do Blue Heelers have Blue Eyes?

einsteinbutt

QUOTE 11/15/2005 5:58:20 PM
I've recently aqcuired a Blue Heeler and am concerned about her eyes. She has blue in her eyes, but doesn't appear to be blind. Are blue in the eyes a characteristic of Blue Heelers or should I be concerned?

God Bless , Pray Daily, Love Always, & Laugh Often,

Lisa
christyut

QUOTE 11/15/2005 6:17:13 PM
Here is some info on the blue heeler, it is also known as the austrailian cattle dog. This website does not say anything about blue in the eyes. But, someone I know says that they used to know a blue heeler and it had one blue eye and one brown eye.

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/australiancattledog.htm
lucylou2

QUOTE 11/17/2005 9:08:41 AM
Hi - it is great to see someone who has a cattle dog! I wouldn't worry about the blue eyes. What is her name? I have a blue heeler - her name is lucy. I think she is mixed with something, but not sure. We got her from a rescue.

Lucy is one of the smartest dogs I've ever had. She was a hard one to train because she always wants to be the "boss", but as far as learning things - she is really quick. We also have a boxer/shepard mix (Tia). They play just about non-stop, which is great.

Lucy definately has the working dog in her - she is happiest when she has a job to do. I try and come up with things, but it isn't always easy. She has a treat ball - one that she rolls around the room with her nose and treats (kibble) falls out. She will do laps around the house until it is empty!

I look forward to talking to you more........
accalia2012

QUOTE 4/22/2014 8:54:05 AM
Hello, I adopted a a Blue Heeler (femaile) froma rescue here in Mass 2 years ago......both her eyes are ice blue....when she is happy, outside in sun, they are almost white......when she gets aggressive....they turn black.......funny

Ryan
Gardner MA
Post Reply New Topic