Dogs eat cat poop!

Dogs eat cat poop!

sashua

QUOTE 11/8/2005 8:03:34 PM
My gross little doggies love to raid the litter boxes. We have 3 cats with 3 litter boxes - long story and very picky cats - and our dogs love to raid them! The vet said it's like a candy bar for them. She said there's no real threat there. But just cause I thought it was nasty - they kiss me with those mouths - I moved the litter boxes into another room and put a baby gate up. The cats can jump the gate but the dogs cannot. It works. No more poopie-snacks!
halosfire

QUOTE 11/8/2005 11:13:21 PM
LoL@cat poop being a doggy delicacy. That's like the people in China eating Cod sperm and calling it a delicacy. Disgusting.
sashua

QUOTE 11/8/2005 11:17:37 PM
katieingleson

QUOTE 11/9/2005 2:48:26 AM
Dont worry your not alone! My dog does it to. Luckily for me though There are none in our garden or anything, except when I go on walks I just hafta kinda drag her away from it!
luvoodles

QUOTE 7/26/2007 9:11:17 PM
I'm also having problems with my Schnoodle Trixie eating cat poop. The cat poop she eats comes from neighborhood cats. It's very difficult to stop her. However, I just heard that mothball flakes in the garden will keep the cats away. I'm going to try it and I'll let everyone know if it works. I hope so, because Trixie is a real kiss-monster, and she doesn't understand why I won't let her kiss me.
zoesmum

QUOTE 7/26/2007 9:45:46 PM
My dog used to eat poop, then I realized that it was my fault, because I wasn't feeding her enough. Now she is getting a bit more food - and has completely stopped eating poop (I was probably just lucky though!)
rescuewench

QUOTE 7/27/2007 11:22:00 AM
there is an additive you can add to teh cat food that is "supposed to" make teh cat poop uninviting to dogs. i never tried it i keep teh cats boxes in a roomwith a kitty door so teh dogs cant get in - they ( cats ) also have a table with teh food & water bowls, a radio ( classical music) a few cat trees boxes with cat grass & freash ct nip to eat , boxes to play in & hide in
a few comfy cats to sleep on & shred.

and a ton of toys .

but they dnt haveto STAY in teh room, its there "get away " room.

before i HAD the extra room, i cut a cat size hole in teh door to teh besment and kept all teh cat stuff down there .

the cats like being able to get away from the dogs & foster dogs when they wish.
arachyd

QUOTE 7/27/2007 9:22:38 PM
Forbid and Deter are both products you can buy that you feed to your dog or cat to make their poop taste bad. Some dogs don't like it and some don't mind it at all. As for hot pepper - ours just consider it a condiment to make things more tasty. Every dog I ever knew would go to great lengths to seek out those delicious breaded snack treats left by the cat poop fairy. It never hurt them a bit but it was always our indoor cats' poop. When we had cats we kept them wormed. You have no idea what somebody else's cat left in your yard in the form of parasites or dog/cat diseases like distemper. You might want to find a way to discourage other cats from using your yard to relieve themselves for the sake of your dog's health.
rescuewench

QUOTE 7/28/2007 12:56:33 AM
theer is repellant spray to keep cats & dogs out of your yard
christyut

QUOTE 7/28/2007 12:15:52 PM
I started this thread in sept of 2005. My dogs dont do it anymore. I think it was a few different things that changed. I now feed higher quality food, no wheat, corn or soy. Also, I think that they grew out it as they grew out of puppyhood. When they were doing it I just tried really hard to not let them out for too long. I also used to give them raw bones outside, so that if they got bored for a few minutes they would chew on the bones, not go in search of kitty treats!!
dogpoopguy

QUOTE 1/17/2010 1:55:55 PM

Quote arachyd:

Forbid and Deter are both products you can buy that you feed to your dog or cat to make their poop taste bad. Some dogs don't like it and some don't mind it at all. As for hot pepper - ours just consider it a condiment to make things more tasty. Every dog I ever knew would go to great lengths to seek out those delicious breaded snack treats left by the cat poop fairy. It never hurt them a bit but it was always our indoor cats' poop. When we had cats we kept them wormed. You have no idea what somebody else's cat left in your yard in the form of parasites or dog/cat diseases like distemper. You might want to find a way to discourage other cats from using your yard to relieve themselves for the sake of your dog's health.
There are 11 different coprophagia products on the market.  Most of them (7 to be exact) contain MSG.

tiasmith

QUOTE 1/19/2010 3:39:46 AM
You have really mentioned very good and useful things in the post thank you so much for the information.

Post Reply New Topic