Puppy Teeth

Puppy Teeth

christyut

QUOTE 9/6/2005 10:47:03 AM
Missy will be 6 months old on the 13th of this month. She just lost her last puppy tooth. Yea, finally, I feel so bad for them when their teeth are loose. I was wondering if anybody else kept any of their dogs puppy teeth. I have a little container with some of Sissy's and Missy's puppy teeth. Mostly just a couple of the bigger ones. I didnt find any of the little tiny front teeth.
4theloveofmycocker

QUOTE 9/6/2005 2:09:11 PM
I never found any of the baby teeth. I'm creating a scrapbook for myself and his breeder so I would have been thrilled to have found some teeth. You should keep them if you have a puppy keepsake box or scrapbook but if not, you should toss it cause you're just collecting things you'll never use again. At least with the memories systems you'll have a systematic way of looking at your memories.
focusonme

QUOTE 9/6/2005 2:10:45 PM
Nope, never found any of theirs! I kept a few of my childrens teeth tho! Stole them from the tooth fairy.
christyut

QUOTE 9/6/2005 2:27:52 PM
I found a couple of the canines and one molar from each of them. For a couple of them, they were chewing on them. I didnt know what they had in their mouths so I told them to drop it. Thats how I got a couple of them. I think they usually eat them.
brontegirl

QUOTE 9/6/2005 9:41:14 PM
Mickey is 22 weeks tomorrow and the vet said he still has his baby teeth. I haven't seen any puppy teeth around so I'm wondering when they lose them.
honey143

QUOTE 9/6/2005 11:32:08 PM
Dudes i know puppy's need to get adult teeth in by a certain age and i've heard the puppy teeth fall out but my pups 5 months and i havent seen any teeth fall out? Do they really fall out for all puppies and if so how can i tell? Also what if they don't look like thier falling out and he reaches 7-8 months? I'm really curious about puppy teeth right now. =/
christyut

QUOTE 9/6/2005 11:49:51 PM
I have 2 small dogs. Missy is 5lbs and Sissy is 11.5lbs. They both lost their teeth around 5 or 6 months. Different breeds may lose teeth at different times, I am not sure.
Christy
brontegirl

QUOTE 9/7/2005 12:33:45 AM

Quote honey143:

Dudes i know puppy's need to get adult teeth in by a certain age and i've heard the puppy teeth fall out but my pups 5 months and i havent seen any teeth fall out? Do they really fall out for all puppies and if so how can i tell? Also what if they don't look like thier falling out and he reaches 7-8 months? I'm really curious about puppy teeth right now. =/
Honey - I think we are in the same boat. I plan to bug the vet on Thursday and ask about the teeth. I read the post about the teething being complete and I thought maybe I missed a doggie milestone or something.

I have heard of puppy teeth being pulled if they don't come out but that is a vet issue.
Post Reply New Topic