Canis Panther

Canis Panther

noskiveez

QUOTE 10/18/2008 11:11:41 AM

Quote climberchic:

Some small dog owners say alot of bad things about other breeds when the dog they own has its own attitude problems. I have a friend with a min pin that is horrible, barks and charges at people as soon as they turn to leave. Snapped at a few people and they say its the individuals fault for picking on their dog. Even though that person never has taunted the dog, they say others in the past always did. She has several other problems but they won't admit it or do anything to fix it.
Owners of Large dogs do the same exact thing.

I know people who have small dogs, infact I know lots of people with small dogs and never have I seen one of their dogs behave in that manor and for them to attempt to justify their behavior. Never.

It sounds more like your issue is with small dogs in general.
climberchic

QUOTE 10/18/2008 1:50:36 PM
Not at all. I like all dog breeds. Any action a dog takes can be traced back to the owner. I just think my friends need to train their dog better. They've spoiled her so that she thinks she is alpha. My grandmother use to breed pekes. (talking 15 years ago) And eventually I want to get a smaller dog, but now is not the time.
subternal

QUOTE 10/30/2008 3:51:13 PM

Quote jashlyn:

Big_Dawgz,

I'm a Canis Panther owner, and I think that if you get one, and put in the time needed (they're complex), you will be very happy. My dog is awesome. I couldn't be happier. I would like to get a couple more eventually.

While you do need to pay attention to individual dog's inherited traits and you may have a better chance of doing that w/ purebreds, the people that make comments about "just another designer/hybrid" and go on to put them down, are just wrong.

The first thing that vets are taught in vet school is "hybrid/mixbreed vigor". Even aside from the inbreeding problems w/ so many current purebreeds, there are many health problems w/ a lot of the popular breeds. As much as I like and admire them, I didn't get a Doberman for that reason (cardio myopathy -- your dobbie dropping dead in front of you w/ zero prior indications -- is just one of many problems).

Also, the contention that Canis Panthers should be avoided because trait stability hasn't been established since they've only been around for about 30 years, is not a legitimate criticism. Given that 2 - 2 1/2 years represents a typical generation for dogs being bred (by responsible breeders), that would mean that currently available Canis Panther puppies would be approx 13-16th generation. I'd be more worried about inbreeding, with any breed, than stability of traits, as long as you know the various breeds that make up the mix, as you would w/ a CP.

I know, it sounds like I work for the CP breeders. I don't, but I would love to breed them myself. They are that great. To me, it's like Tiger Woods, a mix that resulted in the best traits from various sources.

Feel free to ask me anything about them. I've spent many hours daily w/ my CP every single day that I've owned her.

Since there seems to only a couple of breeders in the country, if you aren't close enough to one to drive to pick up your dog, my one piece of advice would be to personally pick up the dog via airline round trip, and carry the puppy with you onboard when you return home (airlines allow this for puppies up to a certain maximum size). I think that having an animal shipped via a cargo bay of an airline can be too traumatizing.

Good luck,

Jahna
Wow, an actual intelligent conversation going on here. Im not going to get into the breed argument on this forum, Ive already wasted my time on another forum and its going to end up being futile anyway. I will say that at least on this site people seem to be a little more neutral on the subject.

I am another Canis Panther owner. Glad to meet any and all of you.
climberchic

QUOTE 10/30/2008 4:59:41 PM
subternal, welcome to the site. But don't be fooled, its not far off from other sites, if you know what I mean. Pit bulls are a touchy subject here.
subternal

QUOTE 10/30/2008 5:13:15 PM
climberchic, roger that

hey jashlyn where you located? got any pics?
moggie

QUOTE 10/31/2008 5:58:48 AM

Quote climberchic:

Not at all. I like all dog breeds. Any action a dog takes can be traced back to the owner. I just think my friends need to train their dog better. They've spoiled her so that she thinks she is alpha. My grandmother use to breed pekes. (talking 15 years ago) And eventually I want to get a smaller dog, but now is not the time.
this is what i was trying to say to you all along!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
debosedogs08

QUOTE 4/17/2009 2:37:07 AM

Quote moggie:

many shady people..for some reason...own pitts..crack heads, drug dealers..thieves..lets face it...if you want to see many pitts...just go to the hoods..as a matter of fact, i was visiting my son last weekend...we took our yorkie with us...upon walking her to potty...i witnessed this...a young couple walking 2 pitts...just outside of their apartment complex???? apartments and pitts do not mix well...im not even going there as some people are not smart enough to smell trouble..so..the girl had her pit somewhat under controll...her boyfriend...was beating the s*** out of his and choking him to the point of almost collapse....she came back up the stairs first and stopped to talk to me...i simply told her that i couldnt bear to watch this any longer and i did come home and call animal services...so...there is the chance that a pitt will hurt or kill...this is a proven fact...there are also laws protecting against them...and they are on the dangerous dog list with homeowner insurance companies...neighbors are afraid of them and do nothing but try and get them out of their neighborhoods...most end up in shelters where they are not re-homed...most shelters WILL NOT re-home a pitt...so...the moral of this story is to stop breeding them...when the breeding stops..so does their suffering the hands of these shady people and being abused by the not so TOUGH guy!!! its just a bad situation no matter how you look at it!!!
http://odviously u are either uninformed or just plain dumm yes drug certian people have thes types of bully dogs because they can be tenacious and scary looking but thats just because thats in their blood and and what they were bred to do is to protect in some cases to hunt and yes a long time ago to fight but u know good and well that most of the time is because of bad owner ship breeding or leadership skills that someone gets hurt ...i guees ur just scared of a strong type of dog that can be lovin and u coulnt handel the breeds personality, maybe u should just stick to pugs and pomeranians or what ever doesnt scare u. bottom line is dont ever down a breed just because ur mind is not strong enough to comprehend the beauty or purpose of the dog. maybe u should do more reserch:thumbsup
jimmycarter123

QUOTE 4/24/2009 8:04:16 AM
Hi, there is something I thought I would share it with you.I recently found this really cool blog XXXXX. Check out the most recent post, I absolutely love the idea. I made a skin for my cat Freckels today and I can't wait for it! You can get it made when you get your pet.
bigfellow

QUOTE 7/8/2009 7:46:00 PM
I am in the process of purchasing a Canis Panther like Jashlyn. I am getting my Panther from xxxxxx the breed creator. I had been looking at this breed for some time. Originally I was looking at a Dogo but then I found out about the health problems. I live in Chicago and saw a Canis Panther. He refered me to Mr. xxx. He hold me the whole story about this breed. He also explained to me how he has not been saling many Panthers over the last ten year because he wanted to prefect the breed.   His web site is terrrible but if you speak with him you can get insight into his vision and the breed. I cannot wait until I get my Panther, I am on a list and I am very excited. before you past judgement contact him.  He is like a innercity dog guru. 

edited.maoseger1010
beaglebrat

QUOTE 7/10/2009 12:33:12 AM
First you are breaking the rules by posting the breeders information and website on this site.

Second, I am not at all impressed. Showing two dogs fighting on the "breed creator's" website. That tells me a lot about what these dogs were bred/made for. Some kid, holding a dog attacking/being attacked by another dog. Classy. I can tell they care a lot about dogs

Talking about training with choke collars, muzzles etc....

I don't like big aggressive dogs. I really am skeptical about most "protection" dogs. A lot of protection dogs end up in the Ghetto protecting DRUGS.

If someone inquires about one of my Boxers being a protection dog, I send them down the road. Which for the past 30 years AMERICAN BOXERS have been bred as safe family guardians. German/European Boxers have maintained more of a "guard/protection" temperament, so even though I LOVE BOXERS and I LOVE the look of European Boxers, I would never own one personally.

mikemikemikemike

QUOTE 8/17/2009 2:30:46 AM
hi bigfellow. did you get your cp from the creator? can you share with me/us some information? can you write me at darcy_sun@sina.com? i will be really really appriciate as i am getting a cp too, very soon...
bigfellow2

QUOTE 8/20/2009 7:09:14 PM

Quote beaglebrat:

First you are breaking the rules by posting the breeders information and website on this site.

Second, I am not at all impressed. Showing two dogs fighting on the "breed creator's" website. That tells me a lot about what these dogs were bred/made for. Some kid, holding a dog attacking/being attacked by another dog. Classy. I can tell they care a lot about dogs

Talking about training with choke collars, muzzles etc....

I don't like big aggressive dogs. I really am skeptical about most "protection" dogs. A lot of protection dogs end up in the Ghetto protecting DRUGS.

If someone inquires about one of my Boxers being a protection dog, I send them down the road. Which for the past 30 years AMERICAN BOXERS have been bred as safe family guardians. German/European Boxers have maintained more of a "guard/protection" temperament, so even though I LOVE BOXERS and I LOVE the look of European Boxers, I would never own one personally.

Let me start by apologizing for stating the name of the breeder but I had a bad experience with the other breeder so that was something personal. They told me they would not speak with me unless I brought them money ( felt like a shake down).  As for the rest I am a police officer that did his research on the breeder and the dog in question and I got the info about the dog from a police officer who has one from him.  The picture in question reflect the inner city area in which he lives. He just to let you know he does not sell to gangbangers or drug dealers if he did I would not by one from him. He has trained law-enforcement dog for over 30 year ( I checked his credentials).  The two dog you are talking about where puppies playing. I sat down with the breeder and after speaking with him was confident that he was on the level. This is an animal I am very interested in and hopeful will be receiving soon. 
Post Reply New Topic