Canis Panther

Canis Panther

irwnn1

QUOTE 7/12/2008 3:02:32 AM

Quote moggie:

sounds stupid to me...another waste of the other breeds. i think the main purpose was to create a giant pitt bull looking thing..bigger and meaner!! the description says it is a great dog for children and in the staffordshire...description says...fight to the death and feels no pain...just what i always wanted for my little girl or boy!! a monster killer to rip their little faces off?? how sick is that?? tell you what...try and convince any normal human it isnt a pitt mix. the info sheet says this dog has a very short coat and has to be indoors?? right!! im sure they will start popping up in the hood and redneck yards all over the good ole usa!!! what is wrong with people???
I am a legitimate business owner who has been robbed far too often. I've been searching for the perfect dog to protect my wife and our belongings. I believe this dog should have:

1)an undying loyalty to its pack
2)an appearance that is "scary" enough to avoid conflict to start with,
3)the tenacity to ignore defensive tactics on the part of the bad guy (including steak dinners),
4)enough mass to knock a grown man to the ground,
5)a short, easy maintenance coat,
6)the ability to tolerate the heat of my desert home
7)stamina enough to go running with my wife

I don't want a slobbering mastiff, or a fur-ball GSD. The closest I had seen previously was the Rhodesian Ridgeback, but it falls short in a few areas, so I think the development of the Canis Panther is anything but "stupid".

p
maoseger1010

QUOTE 7/12/2008 7:36:34 AM

Quote irwnn1:

I am a legitimate business owner who has been robbed far too often. I've been searching for the perfect dog to protect my wife and our belongings. I believe this dog should have:

1)an undying loyalty to its pack
2)an appearance that is "scary" enough to avoid conflict to start with,
3)the tenacity to ignore defensive tactics on the part of the bad guy (including steak dinners),
4)enough mass to knock a grown man to the ground,
5)a short, easy maintenance coat,
6)the ability to tolerate the heat of my desert home
7)stamina enough to go running with my wife

I don't want a slobbering mastiff, or a fur-ball GSD. The closest I had seen previously was the Rhodesian Ridgeback, but it falls short in a few areas, so I think the development of the Canis Panther is anything but "stupid".

p
As a legitimante business owner you should know that an alarm system is tax deductable a dog is not, nor the last time I checked, is the insurance many cities,states and insurance company's requre you to have on high risk dogs. Which clearly this mix will be. An alarm system can not be given tainted meat or stopped with a bullet either. Invest in the alarm system and get a dog that likes to bark not bite. You'll be much better off in the long run. In My Opinion.

History... My "protection" dog Hobo was shot in the chest and killed right through the door of my home, two blocks down the street from the cop shop and the robbers took everything they could carry. They walked right over his dead body while carrying stuff out to their transport. They tracked his blood everywhere. From the scratches on the door it was clear Hobo was pitching a fit trying to "scare" them off. Sadly a he could not stop a bullet. The killers/robbers were never found.
R.I.P Hobo
jashlyn

QUOTE 7/12/2008 5:45:18 PM
I had a similar list in mind when I got Nicky, my Canis Panther. She's amazing.

They don't have a light build though, so I don't think that running distance (i.e., miles) would be likely, not after they reach adulthood and really fill out. They are really lean and muscular (think big NFL cornerback or tight end), she's almost 100 lbs.

She's doesn't like to be in the direct sun for long and I live in So Cal, about 10 miles from the coast (and she's buckskin, which is the lightest color). She's fine in the shade on hot days.

Seriously, it would take too long to describe how special these hybrids are, and it's not just me (well, it's that a little), other dog owners always seem to be intrigued by her.
She's really strong, fast, smart, beautiful (people are always commenting on her "incredible" body, that it's like a thoroughbred), sweet, get's along with other dogs and children. Really protective in a sensible way (at night, the neighborhood, my house; stands between me and newcomers that I meet or start talking to).

She's also very wary of new things/people, which used to bother me (I thought it meant she was a wus; she's not), but it means she won't trust someone for a long, long time, so a "bad guy" couldn't just come up to her, pet her, then hurt (or steal) her. Same w/ things (big noisy machines, etc.). She stays away from them until they are thoroughly "tested" for safety. So, she doesn't get hurt. Kind of like wolf (but not nearly as shy).

I thought about getting a Rhodesian for her as a companion (people are always asking me if she's Rhodesian), and while I still might, I'd prefer to wait and get a male Canis Panther (or two :-).

Someone in the thread inquired about them being bullheaded. Well, she is very strong-willed, and this one wants to be the alpha. But it's a friendly battle that, from what I hear, will last all her life.
Anyway, that's more than my 2 cents.

Jahna

Oh, it's also kind of cool having a unique breed/hybrid -- a great ice-breaker when we are out and about: "She's beautiful, what breed is she?"
acitra

QUOTE 8/1/2008 10:11:12 AM

Quote celticglory:

I e-mailed the breeders of the Canis Panther and she stated those are just rumors and apparently those aren't even true. The dogs aren't going to turn on family and aren't something you have to worry about being a liab

I know what forum you are talking about and people are calling them desinger mutts even though they have been breed a long time and selective bred. I'm outraged at those people though that have said such mean things about them on the other forum. I'm glad it was cleared up and she will e-mail me with my other questions. They look gentle, I was planning on having one for protection, but not get it the protection work. I want a dog that is naturally protective and not trained to be, if you get what I'm trying to say.
Be careful not to take your only information from the breeder you're looking to purchase from. She may well be telling the truth, but it would be much better to get info from an unbiased source, or at least one that doesn't have a vested interest in your decision to purchase this breed.
I agree, they are beautiful dogs. But 30 years is not a long time. Most dog breeds have been around for hundreds of years, and some for thousands. You're going to have a limited amount of history and info available because of that.
I recommend trying to reach a canis panther owner. I'm sure any would be happy to talk to you about their rare and gorgeous dog. Then you will have real information about what it's like to live with one.
angell212

QUOTE 8/1/2008 2:48:44 PM
Wow I think they are beautiful dogs....there is NOTHING wrong with a mixed dog....you get good attributes from each breed and yes...sometimes not so good ones but they are unique looking and not really popular. I couldn't tell you how many labs and goldens there are out here and how it's fun to be different. Also maybe some people on here should be nice, not so rude to everyone! I give this dog a thumbs up in looks and when they say none known for health problems they probably mean there isn't a significant recurring health problem(s)
climberchic

QUOTE 9/4/2008 9:02:38 AM
I own a Canis panther and he is the most wonderful dog I've ever owned. I've owned several other breeds, all adopted, varying from Neo Mastiffs to Dobies to Aussie shepards and he is byfar the best. So well behaved in the house while we are gone and happy to see us when we get back. He is great with children, very gentle and sweet. We just adopted a puppy recently and even though he has been an only "child" for 3 years he still took her right in and even shares his toys and bones. (all on his own, no training)
jake122334

QUOTE 9/9/2008 4:57:18 PM

Quote moggie:

sounds stupid to me...another waste of the other breeds. i think the main purpose was to create a giant pitt bull looking thing..bigger and meaner!! the description says it is a great dog for children and in the staffordshire...description says...fight to the death and feels no pain...just what i always wanted for my little girl or boy!! a monster killer to rip their little faces off?? how sick is that?? tell you what...try and convince any normal human it isnt a pitt mix. the info sheet says this dog has a very short coat and has to be indoors?? right!! im sure they will start popping up in the hood and redneck yards all over the good ole usa!!! what is wrong with people???
Wow how thick can you get, you obviously have never had any experience with or researched either of the staffordshire terriers, please get educated before you talk

btw all of the bully breeds are known to be excellent with kids
noskiveez

QUOTE 9/9/2008 5:20:17 PM

Quote jake122334:

Wow how thick can you get, you obviously have never had any experience with or researched either of the staffordshire terriers, please get educated before you talk

btw all of the bully breeds are known to be excellent with kids
jake122334 before you start calling someone an IDIOT. I highly recommend that you read all the information posted within the link provided by the OP. Within those likes you will see another link that specifically says "Staffordshire Terrier" It is in one of the grey boxes...right after where it says (Black) Great Dane.

It tends to make you look like the one who's fashioning on the side of being "Thick", amoungst other things.

It seems pretty evident that you are Pro-Pitbull, but just because another person isnt doesnt make your "prefered" breed any better or less than someone elses, nor does that make them a thick headed idiot.

jake122334

QUOTE 9/9/2008 5:25:02 PM

Quote noskiveez:

jake122334 before you start calling someone an IDIOT. I highly recommend that you read all the information posted within the link provided by the OP. Within those likes you will see another link that specifically says "Staffordshire Terrier" It is in one of the grey boxes...right after where it says (Black) Great Dane.

It tends to make you look like the one who's fashioning on the side of being "Thick", amoungst other things.

It seems pretty evident that you are Pro-Pitbull, but just because another person isnt doesnt make your "prefered" breed any better or less than someone elses, nor does that make them a thick headed idiot.

There is no breed known as a staffordshire terrier, its an American Staffordshire Terrier, or a Staffordshire Bull Terrier, thats why I said either of the staffordshire terriers....

But yeah everything I said was true, I dont know what your trying to say, they said pitbulls would tear your kids face off and stuff like that, which if raised in a normal family setting(no abuse or anything) is pretty much NOT going to happen, as they were bred for animal aggression, and SPECIFICALLY bred not to be human aggressive....

noskiveez

QUOTE 9/9/2008 5:27:29 PM
"There is no breed known as a staffordshire terrier, its an American Staffordshire Terrier, or a Staffordshire Bull Terrier, thats why I said either of the staffordshire terriers...."

Who cares?! I didnt know we were playing the technical name game here. I am directly refering to the link provided by the OP on the information contained within that link.

If you've got a problem with the info that is in that link...go pitch your gripes over there....not by calling people idiots here.

jake122334

QUOTE 9/9/2008 5:28:25 PM

Quote noskiveez:

No its just because that person is uneducated , and it seems that you are too, oh and pitbulls are not my preferred breed, I have a boxer and a lab, I just have actually RESEARCHED, and have met lots of pitbulls in my lifetime...
jake122334

QUOTE 9/9/2008 5:29:53 PM

Quote noskiveez:

"There is no breed known as a staffordshire terrier, its an American Staffordshire Terrier, or a Staffordshire Bull Terrier, thats why I said either of the staffordshire terriers...."

Who cares?! I didnt know we were playing the technical name game here. I am directly refering to the link provided by the OP on the information contained within that link.

If you've got a problem with the info that is in that link...go pitch your gripes over there....not by calling people idiots here.

Look you have no idea what your talking about, if you want to go look it up, go for it.
noskiveez

QUOTE 9/9/2008 5:30:18 PM
Call me an idiot all you want to. it makes provoking you all the funner!
jake122334

QUOTE 9/9/2008 5:31:38 PM

Quote noskiveez:

I definitely was not talking about the link... If you didnt notice, I was talking to the person who was saying idiotic lies about pitbulls......not you...
jake122334

QUOTE 9/9/2008 5:32:22 PM

Quote noskiveez:

Haha kid your weird as hell
noskiveez

QUOTE 9/9/2008 5:33:38 PM
Its a public forum.....

Get over it. Besides, if that is the case...there have been thousands of conversations here that didnt involve you....why are you here.

I love this. Everytime someone doesnt like what they hear...I wasnt talking to you anyway. ROFLMAO!!!! LOVE IT!!!!
jake122334

QUOTE 9/9/2008 5:34:07 PM

Quote noskiveez:

Your talking about the dogbreedinfo link? that site says only good things about pitbulls ......, thats the only link I saw in this thread.... shows once again that you have no idea what your talking about
noskiveez

QUOTE 9/9/2008 5:35:22 PM
Rock on....Call me some more names....

Lets get this whole thread locked and edited for content!!!!

Come on. Keep up!
jake122334

QUOTE 9/9/2008 5:36:14 PM

Quote noskiveez:

Its a public forum.....

Get over it. Besides, if that is the case...there have been thousands of conversations here that didnt involve you....why are you here.

I love this. Everytime someone doesnt like what they hear...I wasnt talking to you anyway. ROFLMAO!!!! LOVE IT!!!!
Ok.... But I wasnt, I guess you just spend your time arguing online huh? I mean yeah if I started the argument with you, but I didnt, and you replying and arguing is pretty weird....
noskiveez

QUOTE 9/9/2008 5:36:16 PM
Come on....your too slow!
Post Reply New Topic