Canis Panther

Canis Panther

celticglory

QUOTE 9/6/2005 8:53:42 AM
 Does anyone have one? or was thinking about getting one? What are they like? Are they agressive towards people in general? Do they end up turning on their human family? I hear they already have a bad rep, but they look like sweet dogs. I have seen on the main canis panther site that they have regular people who owns them, but that's all I have seen.
ppyluv_4

QUOTE 9/6/2005 10:14:06 AM

Quote celticglory:

Does anyone have one? or was thinking about getting one? What are they like? Are they agressive towards people in general? Do they end up turning on their human family? I hear they already have a bad rep, but they look like sweet dogs. I have seen on the main canis panther site that they have regular people who owns them, but that's all I have seen.
I had never heard of them but they are GORGEOUS!! All of the breeds used to produce them are very gentle so I would think they would be on the gentle side. However, anytime you have a dog of this size, obedience training would probably be a good thing! I know from experience that Am Staffs can be VERY bull headed! Keep us posted.......
scout1

QUOTE 9/6/2005 10:52:44 AM
there was a discussion about this breed on another dog site. lots of pros and cons just like any other breed but seems to be more so with this one. definitely not a dog for an inexperienced dog owner or even an experienced one in some cases. their temperament has been compared to a neopolitan mastiff if that helps you at all.
celticglory

QUOTE 9/6/2005 11:38:12 AM
I e-mailed the breeders of the Canis Panther and she stated those are just rumors and apparently those aren't even true. The dogs aren't going to turn on family and aren't something you have to worry about being a liab

I know what forum you are talking about and people are calling them desinger mutts even though they have been breed a long time and selective bred. I'm outraged at those people though that have said such mean things about them on the other forum. I'm glad it was cleared up and she will e-mail me with my other questions. They look gentle, I was planning on having one for protection, but not get it the protection work. I want a dog that is naturally protective and not trained to be, if you get what I'm trying to say.
funnybunny

QUOTE 9/6/2005 1:12:02 PM
Beautiful dog. I don't believe the rumors about this breed at all. It's the same as a pitbull, rottweiler, or any other dog that is considered to be "dangerous." It is the owners, not the dogs. Any breed can be trained and can be sweet, it's not just a choice few that should only be owned by experienced owners. I wouldn't suggest this to someone who hasn't owned a dog before no but I don't think that there would be a problem with this dog in a regular home with regular people doing regular things. Mastiff's are great dogs as well. It all depends on how they're brought up and how they are trained.
celticglory

QUOTE 9/6/2005 1:43:23 PM
Thank you, I know what you mean. They didn't e-mail me back yet. But, they look like wonderful dogs.
sizzledog

QUOTE 9/6/2005 1:59:44 PM
I'm not going to comment on the Canis Panther itself, since I don't want to see this thread turn into an "intentionally breeding mixes" debate.

However, may I ask what you have planned for a CP puppy if you got one? IMO these dogs would not make good housepets - my guess is that they'd need a job to do.
celticglory

QUOTE 9/6/2005 3:15:40 PM
No animal is truly a house pet as you put it, all animals need a job to do.

I would get a CP as a companion dog and a guard dog. Since they are naturally protective dogs, I don't believe in training them to attack people. They are naturally protective so I feel that if I can get the pup to be use to other animals and people (Children, doesn't care about strangers unless that stranger is trying to attack me or it) I don't feel it will need that "type" of training.

Of course no dog that huge can go without dog classes and stuff, which is will get. I don't plan on breeding the dog and I plan to only have one. The dog will be coming with me to work, since I want to own my own business. The dog will never be left alone for long.

But, this is well into the future and I don't plan to own one now, but later. I want info about the CP, nothing else and I'm trying to contact the breeders of CP's and know more about them.
climberchic

QUOTE 6/25/2007 12:47:30 PM
I own a CP and I believe he is the best dog I have ever owned. Granted, I do not recommend this breed to anyone who does not have a strong assertive personality. But if you do, you couldn't ask for a better companion.

rescuewench

QUOTE 6/26/2007 12:59:28 AM
not a fan of bully breeds and i cannot condone desecrating a Dane with bully blood.

maybe that dog wouldn't look so horrid with natural ears?

i am not sue but NO way do i think tat thing is gorgeous - it looks like a shark in dog world.

I am SURE the drug runners & crack heads, will Love it and REALLY ruin the lines & make it get on the BSL list in a month 2 tops.

i bet we will see a LOT of them on animal planet( animal cops) in a few months. :(

JMHO
XRW
unjoymislf

QUOTE 9/5/2007 5:45:03 PM
I don't think owning dogs is the top of the list for crackheads. The breed was developed in the 1970s, if you haven't seen them on Animal Cops yet, you probably won't. With the demographic you are seemingly trying to point at, I would assume that most of "the drug dealers and crackheads" would never have heard of them, considering how little info seems to be available to people on the forums here.

Some people have been attacked and would benefit psychologically from the presence of a guard dog, so perhaps consider being a bit less irrational and harsh. It does make this a happier place.
maoseger1010

QUOTE 9/6/2007 7:53:56 AM

Quote unjoymislf:

I don't think owning dogs is the top of the list for crackheads. The breed was developed in the 1970s, if you haven't seen them on Animal Cops yet, you probably won't. With the demographic you are seemingly trying to point at, I would assume that most of "the drug dealers and crackheads" would never have heard of them, considering how little info seems to be available to people on the forums here.

Some people have been attacked and would benefit psychologically from the presence of a guard dog, so perhaps consider being a bit less irrational and harsh. It does make this a happier place.
I agree crackheads themselves can't afford a dog though they might steal one if they thought they could trade it for a rock. Its the dealers that are normally the ones with the dogs. Paranoira runs deep in people breaking the law. Not that I think this breed is now or will soon be top of their list for guard dog. Pits are to cheap and easy to get for that to happen. :(
Which is to bad for the Pit breed.

I'm not a big fan of this look but my husband likes it. Though he thinks its weird to give a dog a cat name. Panther

velmadobe

QUOTE 9/6/2007 10:38:16 AM
in reading the website, it stated that the breed had "none known" health probems. I'd say IMHO that is a load of cr*p. All the breeds crossed together have many of the same health issues and they are bound to crop up in this one also.

My personal opinion is that it is an expensive mutt.
cannonfarms

QUOTE 9/6/2007 11:21:37 AM
Theres been a tight rope in defining with coming up with new breeds and the mutt for buck plauge.
In this case it was done right, stud books kept and a tight grip on the future product but i still do not see the purpose in creating this breed, there were many that could fill any spot this dog may have to claim.
I have never personaly owned one but from what i have heard they have the heart of a dane but the prey drive of a pit and needs a firm owner as they will try to gain alfa rank till the day they die.
There are many breeds that have no real purpose but this is one i cant quite understand the point in making, did i miss were they are bred for a perticular job?
velmadobe

QUOTE 9/6/2007 11:28:56 AM
from what I know, they have been bred as a personal protection type dog for macho types ........... JMHO
cannonfarms

QUOTE 9/6/2007 11:32:53 AM
im my opinion there was plenty of those kinds of dogs already so not a valid reason to me, but i am only me
michelle_87

QUOTE 5/24/2008 12:56:47 PM
i think they are beautiful dogs. i didnt even know they existed until today i was looking at dogs and i saw the cp and feel in love with the breed.its just what we are looking for.if anyone knows where i could buy one please let me know i really really want one
michelle_87

QUOTE 5/24/2008 1:04:18 PM
i think they are beautiful dogs. i didnt even know they existed until today i was looking at dogs and i saw the cp and feel in love with the breed.its just what we are looking for.if anyone knows where i could buy one please let me know i really really want one
moggie

QUOTE 5/25/2008 6:35:03 AM
sounds stupid to me...another waste of the other breeds. i think the main purpose was to create a giant pitt bull looking thing..bigger and meaner!! the description says it is a great dog for children and in the staffordshire...description says...fight to the death and feels no pain...just what i always wanted for my little girl or boy!! a monster killer to rip their little faces off?? how sick is that?? tell you what...try and convince any normal human it isnt a pitt mix. the info sheet says this dog has a very short coat and has to be indoors?? right!! im sure they will start popping up in the hood and redneck yards all over the good ole usa!!! what is wrong with people???
moggie

QUOTE 5/25/2008 7:35:44 AM
go to wptvnews.com
scroll down to the bottom of the page where the news topics are...take a look at the 59 dogs that were seized. is this not one of the same???????????

what is wrong with people?????????
Post Reply New Topic