Krissy Kandies - Breeder

Krissy Kandies - Breeder

stayce92

QUOTE 6/18/2013 1:40:39 PM
A warning to others buying Great Danes - I bought a puppy from her and picked him up in March. I was originally told he would be over 6 weeks old, then told he is only 6 weeks, then when we got there we were told he wasn't even 5 weeks old yet! We did take him, but had to rush him to the vet a couple of days later, turns out he had puppy strangles. We notified Krissy right away and were told that because they offer a genetic guarantee and a health guarantee, they would cover the vet bills. We only sent them bills showing $275, there was much more to it, but we were only asking for the basics to be covered. We were promised several times they would pay it, we sent copies of everything, they even promised us a free great dane down the road if we wanted another one. It has now been three months and they won't even answer our phone calls. Since we saw the signs of puppy strangles on our way home that day, it is my opinion that is why we got him before he was five weeks old, to save themselves from having to deal with the problems and money associated with that disease. There is no health guarantee when you buy from her, and there is no contract. Please find a more reputable breeder before spending $1500+ on a dog.
jchamp52

QUOTE 6/19/2013 7:19:30 AM

Quote stayce92:

A warning to others buying Great Danes - I bought a puppy from her and picked him up in March. I was originally told he would be over 6 weeks old, then told he is only 6 weeks, then when we got there we were told he wasn't even 5 weeks old yet! We did take him, but had to rush him to the vet a couple of days later, turns out he had puppy strangles. We notified Krissy right away and were told that because they offer a genetic guarantee and a health guarantee, they would cover the vet bills. We only sent them bills showing $275, there was much more to it, but we were only asking for the basics to be covered. We were promised several times they would pay it, we sent copies of everything, they even promised us a free great dane down the road if we wanted another one. It has now been three months and they won't even answer our phone calls. Since we saw the signs of puppy strangles on our way home that day, it is my opinion that is why we got him before he was five weeks old, to save themselves from having to deal with the problems and money associated with that disease. There is no health guarantee when you buy from her, and there is no contract. Please find a more reputable breeder before spending $1500+ on a dog.
As a breeder, I have several issues with your post...
1) Why in the world would you be silly enough to accept a puppy that you KNEW was less than 5 weeks of age? Did you think the puppy would age by a few weeks on the drive home?
2) If, as you state, you noticed signs of puppy strangles on your way home...why did you not immediately turn around and return the puppy, or better question is why would you pay to get a sick puppy in the first place? Maybe like the age, you thought the puppy would miraculously get well on the drive home?
3) Why in the world would you even consider getting a puppy with (again as you state) no health guarantee and no contract?
And while I agree the breeder (may) have been wrong to release a puppy that young (I raise Chihuahua, so the Dane is not my breed of knowledge).
I blame just as much, if not more fault with you as the buyer, as you obviously were NOT an inexperienced animal person, yet you knowingly purchased a puppy you thought was too young and was not healthy.
My question is mostly....who is also at fault here???

Post Reply New Topic