New USDA law will make EVERYONE be federally licensed

New USDA law will make EVERYONE be federally licensed

kathystone

QUOTE 6/25/2012 4:53:15 PM
 I heard through the grape vine there is a new law already on the books to "crack down on dog breeders and puppy mills who advertise on the internet and are not licensed". Anyone else hear anything on this?
dihart

QUOTE 6/25/2012 7:43:10 PM
check out this link for some information that AKC has posted on their website

http://www.akc.org/petition/

also sign the petition everyone who cares that we  as responsible breeders,  small and hobby or dedicated kennels,  can sell our pups  across this country,  providing families with healthy, well-socialized, loving companions.  

beaglebrat

QUOTE 7/4/2012 6:21:27 PM
I posted information about this on here well over a month ago.   I posted the petition on my facebook accounts and had lots of my clients sign the petition.

I am going to contact the USDA directly for my opinion on the matter.

THIS IS SO IMPORTANT IF YOU THINK DOGS SHOULD BE RAISED IN THE HOUSE AND NOT IN A CHICKEN CAGE.  

USDA licensing rules are BAD FOR RAISING PUPPIES!  Let them stick to worrying about battery hens and other food animals.   Puppies are not food animals.   USDA has been licensing the biggest puppymills in our country for years.  They aren't going to "help" anything with these new rules.

ALL GOOD BREEDERS should be concerned with this new rule change.  

jdonnelly1

QUOTE 7/5/2012 10:53:36 AM
Please be responsible. You know online puppy store puppies breed puppy mills. It's supply and demand. I live in East Rutherford, New Jersey and have recently adopted a puppy mill rescue. Have you ever met a puppy mill dog? Seen their challenges, their fears? Their psychological problems? Your claims that you do not deal in puppy mill animals seems hollow, since it has been clearly established that the great majority of pet store animals DO come from puppy mills. Who is your broker? Where do your puppies come from originally?

Until you stop brokering puppies, I will never, ever patronize your website and I will make certain that everyone I know avoids your store as well. The only answer is adoption. Selling dogs online is abhorrent.

dihart

QUOTE 7/6/2012 12:02:16 AM
    everything is sold online these days it is the age of this technology. how do we get  our pups out to the public, many look for a certain breed or look and they have the right to see and decide if that one is the right one. Just because someone has a kennel does not make them a bad breeder. Many very good dogs come from kennels. At least they know what to watch for, what shots and such are needed, etc.  the public has the choice as to whether they want to buy a puppy via a site like this or to go to a pound or recuse. free country, choice is theirs
kathystone

QUOTE 7/6/2012 7:58:03 AM
 I totally agree. Here is the kicker. IF you are the woman down the way from me who has 4 mixed breed female dogs that run the street, and she has puppies every 6 months from these dogs, you do not need a "license". You know when her dogs have had pups because, they and their mom roam the streets searching for food. Occassionally one gets hit by a car. Yet, because she has less than 5 intact females, she does not need a license. She is, in my opinion a "puppy mill". I have offered to pay for her dogs' spays but she likes puppies so she refused. The law won't do anything either as we are not on a high volume street. This is the kind of "breeder" who needs to be stopped, not the kennel owner or professional breeder who produces quality puppies, who spends lots of money on keeping their dogs healthy and  amny a sleepless nights worrying about the dogs.
beaglebrat

QUOTE 7/8/2012 4:18:53 PM
Jdonnelly--You simply don't know what you are talking about.   You really should just not contribute until you educate yourself.   I don't have a puppymill.  I don't have a "broker".   I am a dog breeder, and I sell my own puppies on the internet.   This is who the new regulations would effect.

People who use "BROKERS" and sell to brokers are already USDA licensed and generally from these mass kennels.  Get it?  The MASSIVE kennels that your poor dog likely came from, are already USDA-- and the USDA doesn't care how your dog was treated or socialized as long as the "breeder" met the required space standards.

My dogs are in my HOUSE.  My home.   I don't feel that yet ANOTHER Agency has a right to go in my home at any time for any reason, with out WARRANT or complaint.   THIS IS MY HOME we are talking about.

AKC already inspects yearly as does our local county government.   I have done nothing wrong, yet I feel my very civil rights are being violated.

I am sorry about what happened to your dog, but it has NOTHING TO DO WITH ME!   That is like saying....some parents abuse their children, so the Government is going to come in, inspect every parents home and "license you". 

How would that fly with people?  Yet for some reason when the same thing is being asked of dog breeders, it's not a problem?

If this goes through, I will probably be contacting the American's Civil Liberties Union.

kathystone

QUOTE 7/8/2012 5:09:53 PM
 Yes, and it affects rescues as well. Many rescues and shelters advertise over the internet to place dogs in different areas of the country. A few years back there was a glut of Chihuahuas in California. None were getting adopted. yet, in Massachussetts, you could not find one. By using the internet and a great group of vonlunteers to run dogs to the airports, over 500 dogs were sent east to loving homes. Yet, this activity too would be regulated by USDA. Most shelters cannot even begin to match the USDA standards in reguard to space requirements, much less sanitation.

It is time for the truth to be put out!!! The Humane Society of the United States DOES NOT own, operate or support ANY   animal car facility. The money donated to "help the aniamls" goes to lobbyests, and the high dollare salaries of the employees. How many YACHTS, PRIVATE PLANES and such is owned by HSUS?   Thgeir commercials are NOT factual. Yes, theya re sad. Ask what happened to the dogs and cats used to make the commercials? HM?! No answer. It is time for dog people and people who care about dogs to stop the harassment on all levels.

Just because there are bad parents out there should all parents be required to be licensed? Just because there are amputees who have only one foot, should us two footers be forced to "donate" a foot to help them hop? Crazy but think about it.
christinastorla

QUOTE 7/9/2012 9:49:20 AM
They are not after puppy mills or doing their supposed job by pertecting any animals. They are strictly after the actual good breeders hobby and show, who aren't required to line their pockets! If this does pass, I will be filling a FEDERAL Suit and hopefully it will be a class action! I am allowed 10 intact females but only keep 3 on my property. I have my others live with familys from birth to death and we co-breed. They all have very happy family full lives. USDA even includes co-breeders who only have 1or 2. I had to go show breeder statis because they breed at my home and by their ignorant law, just by them bringing them over put me over the intact females rule even though they arn't mine! They are going way over board and it is time to stop them and file in court! When we ship a puppy, it has to be vet certifide! Make a law that we have to also provide complete shot records to the vet before shipping. That makes more sence to pertect the customer and animals. This is only and clearly to line their pockets. If we lose our rights, what do we have to lose by taking them to court?
beaglebrat

QUOTE 7/9/2012 1:29:56 PM
Hey... I am in with you 100%.   I think part of the problem is that for some reason dog breeders don't want to "get involved", or they think it's somehow not going to effect them.   Until you got the USDA knocking on your door. 

We all know who is behind this.   The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS).   Every time I see one of their sickening ads I want to puke.   They pretend to directly help "abused and neglected animals".  When only 1% of the donations actually go to help animals.   The rest go to lobbyists and to buy off politicians.

They couldn't pass their extremist animal rights regulations nationally, so they have been trying to destroy breeders State by State ever since.   Now they have found a huge, juicy loophole that will put A LOT of breeders out of business-- and that is their #1 goal.   Like the rescue person that commented on this thread.   They think there should be no dog breeders and that everyone should have to adopt an accidental oops puppy.

We have to fight this.   There are only a few more days that they will be accepting "comments".   

beaglebrat

QUOTE 7/9/2012 1:30:30 PM
Here is the link!  Please give your comments.

http://www.regulations.gov/#!documentDetail;D=APHIS-2011-0003-0001

christinastorla

QUOTE 7/13/2012 4:19:00 PM
The deadline for comments to UDSA fraudulent law is extended to August 15th. Please contact everyone you can to stop them and join a class action suit if passed!
dihart

QUOTE 7/16/2012 7:13:25 PM
http://www.akc.org/news/index.cfm?article_id=4697
Post Reply New Topic