Deposit??? What should I get from giving one?

Deposit??? What should I get from giving one?

eddie_j

QUOTE 5/28/2012 10:52:52 AM
Hello,

My topic is what should I expect to receive from giving a deposit.  I have never bought from a person wanting a deposit. Most of the times I have saved my dogs from the pound.  so I am new with the deposit thing, what should I ask for in return as a sign of good faith between parties?????  Also, is the total price offered online, include the price of shipping???
jchamp52

QUOTE 5/28/2012 11:17:13 AM
As a seller I ALWAYS give a receipt for a deposit, in the form of an email. If you paid via US postal money order, keep the stub from your payment as receipt also. If you paid via Pay Pal you should receive an email from them stating you have sent a payment.

As a general rule, shipping cost are listed seperate from the cost of the pet.

IE: Cost of pet $00000 with an additional shipping fee of $000000.

Shipping fees are usually in the $300.00 range.

This fee is NOT set by the breeder, usually the shipping fee is (based on weight of the puppy) I am not sure what breed you are interested in (but the fee starts at about $220. for pets UNDER 15lb)

Then  you have the manditory health certificate required by the airlines, between $30. and $50.

Then the APPROVED pet carrier, between $30. and $50

Be sure you have a copy of their health certificate/health guarantee, and that you understand the wording (as breeders we sometimes forget the words are unknown to the buyer)

Ask for (AND CALL) their references and their vet (ALL breeders will probably have their vet on speed dial)

Judy at Chihuahuamagic  

eddie_j

QUOTE 5/28/2012 11:53:11 AM
Thank You so much for the info.  I needed that info. so I could make a decision.
jchamp52

QUOTE 5/28/2012 3:34:34 PM

Quote eddie_j:

Thank You so much for the info.  I needed that info. so I could make a decision.
I am glad I was able to help, good luck with your new addition.
Post Reply New Topic