Working fulltime and puppies

Working fulltime and puppies

teriparks

QUOTE 5/18/2012 12:29:23 PM
I would like some ideas on how people are working fulltime and also raising a puppy.

I leave my home at 6:30 am Monday through Thursday and return about 5:00 pm. With our last dog, we had a dog walker come around noon and take him for a walk and then he was fine in the house until we got home.

Sadly, we had to put him to sleep in March. He was 15 years old and the best dog in the world!

I want to get a new puppy but I am not sure if it's realistic or not to have a puppy and work fulltime. I am not opposed to crate training and I would certainly continue to use a dog walker. I would love to hear any ideas on how others work and have a puppy. I can't imagine puppies only go to people who stay home.  Ideas??
ederakennel

QUOTE 5/18/2012 3:56:55 PM
get an older pup- 4-8 months pre trained. and yes have someone come walk feed and play with him. doggy day cares are great as well
kathystone

QUOTE 5/18/2012 8:39:29 PM
 You are gone 10 1/2 hours a day. That' s  along time to leave a puppy. An older dog, or better two with access to a fenced yard would work. Or use a doggy day care. Pupppies tend to get into things when left unsupervised
Post Reply New Topic