why? and how???pls.help

why? and how???pls.help

kiray

QUOTE 2/25/2012 11:14:29 AM
i have a puppy named kenkay a cross breed from maltese and white terrier.She is just one month old,i used to feed her milk and a small amount of dog food...My problem was sometimes she is eating her dirt i mean her vowel and i dont know how i can stop her doing that cause im afraid to get her sick she was still a baby and doesnt have any vaccine.Cause its not yet time to have her vaccine need to wait till 6 to 8 weeks but as i was saying she was eating her vowel and it was so disgusting and embarrased.pls tell me what i can do

kathystone

QUOTE 2/25/2012 4:18:05 PM
 First, she should still be with her mom until she is 8 weeks old. She is not getting enough protein and eating a balanced diet on just milk, which I am guessing is either goat or cow milk. If you cannot put her back on her mom, you need to start weaning her onto proper foods. Used canned dog food mixed with kibble and enough water to make a gruel.  Feed her every 4 hours. She should already have been wormed at least once if she is really only 4 weeks old. We use panacur daily for 3 days. At 5 weeks she should get her first dhpp shot and then her second with a bordatella at 7 weeks of age. You can reduce the volume of poop she is eating if you put her on a wire floored crate. If you do not have access to one,use shredded paper or shavings to help absorb some of the waste.  You will need to clean it at least 4 times a day to keep her from the poop. It is a matter of good hygene and health.
kiray

QUOTE 2/26/2012 11:11:50 AM
thanks a lot its a big help how i wish i can let her stay with her mom but i cant anyway she eat a lot sometimes i used to give her a little bit of rice coz she love it and the vet already visit her,my problem now is she is very naughty and she wants to sleep beside me i make a bed for her beside my bed but she is crying and she dont want to stop until i put her in my bed she is a still a baby and i dont know what to do...
kathystone

QUOTE 2/26/2012 3:38:22 PM
 Like any child, she nbeeds to be kept warm at night. For you "warm" may be 70 degrees but for a puppy 80-85 is better. Try using a heating pat set onm  medium in a crate. When she cries ignore it. Since you have already spoiled her and taught her that crying will get her what she wants, it will take more work. What is wrong with letting her sleep with you?  Whichever you decide, you must be consistent. That means it is either yes or no. Can she get on the furniture? Yes or no. Not sometimes. Can she get on the kitchen table? Again yes or no. Can she use your house as her private toilet? If no, do you want her to always go outside or can she use pads. It is two different training methods. You must decide before you ask her to do something  or not do it. And that is the secret with training kids, dogs, horses, elephants or whatever.
kiray

QUOTE 2/26/2012 5:10:03 PM
my,my,my.....

its very hard to decide i dont want her to sleep in my bed but i cant help it seeing her crying it makes me crazy i already put heater beside her bed coz its winter now on her place its very warm but still she wants in my bed...

i dont really know what to do but atleast when i said no to her she listen
sollyman42035

QUOTE 3/1/2012 9:40:45 PM
Maam:

Most puppies can be given pre parvo just by inself.And even minor doses of wormer.You for feeding can start him or her on a real soft puppy food.Most puppy based things will straighten out with time.The dirt eating can cause coccedia,Which is treatable but can certainly cause big problems.

1.Pup can't go back to momma.Everwho you got the pup from was being irresponsible.All that aside I am supposing you want to keep the puppy.

2.You will have to provide what the puppy needs.

3.If you use a milk supplement do not use bovine or cow.Use goat he will respond better.I have some puppies that I switch to soft food at 4 weeks.

And they are still getting momma milk.So you will have to supplement.I hope I have helped you some.
Post Reply New Topic