Chihuahua Tea-Cup Complaint

Chihuahua Tea-Cup Complaint

jchamp52

QUOTE 1/12/2012 2:08:04 PM
As a Chihuahua breeder I often wonder why a seller will post an ad stating they are selling a Tea-Cup Chihuahua. There is NO SUCH thing. As a breeder they should know at least enough about their breed to post accurate information.

No wonder the buyer is so confused. They see teacup, micro, tiny toy and pocket Chihuahua all the time. I am just amazed that the breeder is so stupid, the general public is not expected to be as aware of specific breed traits as the is. 

The ONLY time there is a weight restriction with a Chihuahua is when you show them, they can NOT weigh over 6lb!!!  A Chihuahua can weigh anywhere from 3 to 10 pounds. About 90% of my puppies mature in the mid to upper 4lb range, that leaves 5% that mature well under 3lb and another 5% that bloom like a sunflower into 7 to 8lb monoliths. Which is not really that odd, as I am sure all your sisters or brothers are not the exact same height and weight.....

Another gripe...how can a breeder post that a 2 day old Chihuahua puppy will weight 3lb as an adult? How can they get such a bald face lie to crawl out of their mouths?

Even at 4 weeks of age I am still only able to give a close guess as to a prospective adult weight. My guesses are more accurate as the puppy grows week by week, and I am darn accurate with an 11 to 14 week old puppy.

Really....some breeders need to study their breed, or choose another profession.

I have been breeding Chihuahua for over 15 years and I learn something new about them or how to care for them constantly.  

kathystone

QUOTE 2/21/2012 7:24:20 AM
 HEY MODERATOR! GET THIS NUT JOB OFF OUR SITE!
dihart

QUOTE 2/22/2012 8:23:46 AM
I am sure you are not speaking about jchamp....so musta missed the "nut"
administrator

QUOTE 2/22/2012 1:09:52 PM

Quote dihart:

I am sure you are not speaking about jchamp....so musta missed the "nut"
There was actually a spammer that posted after jchamp. We removed their posts so now it appears she is referring to jchamp as the nut, though I am sure that is not what she means.

kathystone

QUOTE 2/23/2012 2:16:48 AM
jchamp is NOT a nut, she is wonderful! The spammer is gone! Thank you!
jchamp52

QUOTE 2/23/2012 2:55:54 PM

Quote kathystone:

jchamp is NOT a nut, she is wonderful! The spammer is gone! Thank you!
Thank you for coming to my rescue, and YES I knew you were not talking about me :-) 

You and I agree on too many dog and puppy concerns.

I just naturally assumed NDP had snatched some silly or dumb remark off the board before it had a chance to circulate.

I was just venting that day because the buyer really does not know this stuff and it is the breeders responsibility to give accurate information.
kathystone

QUOTE 2/24/2012 6:44:25 AM
 I have to make you laugh!

I placed a puppy with some people a week ago. This is a 14 week old 3 pound peke. She is out of real top bloodlines but had some issues with hypoglyemia so the breeder kept ehr until she was over 2 pounds and did not show any signs she would go into shock again.( Responsible breeder) These people came to look at her and we discussed hypoglycemia, I gave them a paper on it I gave them some nutrical and explained that they needed to give her just small amount each day morning and night. I showed them how to do it. I gave them a pamphlet on housetraining and explained the diference in crate training, pee pad training and actual housetraing. They seemed to understand and took her home that evening.

They called 2 days later to ask if there was something wrong with the pup as it was shedding! They thought Pekes were hypoallergenic and did not she. They had "heard" thery were good for allergy sufferers   AND THE HUSBAND IS ALLERGIC TO DOGS! He had been on his meds when they adopted the pup! Needless to say, she came back.     
dihart

QUOTE 2/24/2012 4:16:00 PM
(yes, she's awesome and) I actually haven't seen you on her for awhile, was hoping you were doing well JC
jchamp52

QUOTE 2/26/2012 5:34:13 AM

Quote kathystone:

I have to make you laugh!

I placed a puppy with some people a week ago. This is a 14 week old 3 pound peke. She is out of real top bloodlines but had some issues with hypoglyemia so the breeder kept ehr until she was over 2 pounds and did not show any signs she would go into shock again.( Responsible breeder) These people came to look at her and we discussed hypoglycemia, I gave them a paper on it I gave them some nutrical and explained that they needed to give her just small amount each day morning and night. I showed them how to do it. I gave them a pamphlet on housetraining and explained the diference in crate training, pee pad training and actual housetraing. They seemed to understand and took her home that evening.

They called 2 days later to ask if there was something wrong with the pup as it was shedding! They thought Pekes were hypoallergenic and did not she. They had "heard" thery were good for allergy sufferers   AND THE HUSBAND IS ALLERGIC TO DOGS! He had been on his meds when they adopted the pup! Needless to say, she came back.     
Hi Kathy,

You can lead a buyer to the light.....but you CANT make them open their eyes
jchamp52

QUOTE 2/26/2012 5:48:33 AM

Quote dihart:

(yes, she's awesome and) I actually haven't seen you on her for awhile, was hoping you were doing well JC

Hi D,

Actually I am still here (I think) I am going back to college. At one time I honestly thought I was fairly intelligent. Oh man, was I dumb, I have rocks in my driveway that are smarter than I am.

Of course the fact that I have been out of school for over 40 years is a bit of a hindrance. Similar to being crushed by a 10,00lb bolder :-)

The stuff they teach today is NOTHING like what little I remember from when I was in school.

On top of school, all the girls came in at the same time, I thought I had scheduled my school to work around my girl’s time out between heats, and delay breeding on the younger ones. Again, what do I know????  EVERY  SINGLE dog I have came in heat within a 2 week period of time (even the older ladies that are retired and waiting on a visit to the vet – I had hoped to get the little clip and stitch completed before their next heat)  

It was a mad house because I breed on a schedule so I will have a very hopeful idea when to expect babies.

So, I am still here….just with a lot less hair and shot nerves.

dihart

QUOTE 2/26/2012 8:04:41 PM
oh  JC girl, you have my total empathy but I know you can do it!  good for you for going back to school. I imagine  I would think the very same thing if I could manage to get back and take a class or two.  As for those canine girls cycling around at the same time, it is just how my daughters all did in their growing up years. bless my husband for that crazy one week of the month with 5 teenage girls in the house, and bless you too honey. Good luck with those upcoming litters I know you will have some wonderful pups for people in about 4 months.  
Post Reply New Topic