Airlines

Airlines

kathystone

QUOTE 12/11/2011 8:32:09 AM
 I am going to play devil's advocate here for a moment. I ship alot of dogs all over the country and have had problems wiht ALL of the major carriers. The law says the dogs cannot fly if the temperature anywhere on the flight is under 25 or over 85, correct? They why are dogs found frozen or baked in the cargo hold? Last year I sent a maltese to Wisconsin. The flight was delayed due to engine problems mid way there. One of the  baggage hadnlers decided the "poor" puppy needed to come out of the crate. When the puppy got to the new family, it was throwing up popcorn hot dogs and other goodies from the Christmas party. I sent to chihuahuas to Idaho. They were "misrouted" and never made the connection. It was over 36 hours(!) later when they arrived at their destination. The entire time I called the airlines went on line and could not locate them. I was even told they were not checked in as I held the receipt in my hand! Thank God these were older dogs and not puppies! I sent a   pug via AMerican Airlines on a night flight thinking it would be cooler for him and he was found dead in the crate upon arrival in New York His body temp was 110. I had even frozen the water in his water dish. But they were "delayed so he arrived at 2pm instead of 7 am.

Delta is supposed to have a heated/air conditioned hold as is Continental. But the first two mishaps were on Continental and the third was Delta. I use ground shipping as much as possible but sometimes the new family is not in their service area.  Besides winning the lottery and buying a plane myself, what do you suggest?
ederakennel

QUOTE 12/11/2011 1:25:42 PM
I use a shipper he comes to the house and delivers to the buyers door. the pups ride in the van with him in his line of sight at all times he is VERY Very clean. what state are you in? whats your email ill send you his info.
kathystone

QUOTE 12/11/2011 5:03:14 PM
 I  am in Missouri. My email is dog_woman1@yahoo.com
bevsbulldogs65807

QUOTE 12/12/2011 1:35:07 PM
Kathy,

I am in Springfield Mo.  I have two different ground transportation companies that I use.  I have been extremely happy with both.  You can email me at bevsbulldogs@ymail.com and I will give you more information.  I can also tell you how to get the first shipment for free.  You are also welcome to call me at 417-882-3779.
dihart

QUOTE 12/12/2011 11:18:59 PM
that just really stinks Kathy. I have never had anything like that happen to a pup I sent thank God. what did the airlines have to say for themselves?
christinastorla

QUOTE 12/13/2011 8:46:10 PM
Yes it is true that the airlines cannot ship below 25 or above 85 and it doesn't matter what airline controlled or not. It is the matter of the hanger to being loaded on the plane to take off. I have had trouble with american and delta on delays, not cleaning cages, food and water. They don't take responsibility like they should. I do have to ship. So i tell all my customers to inspect their puppy the second they get it and report any problems there and me. And I report them! I don't really like to ground ship long distance because Rottweilers could get Hip-Dysplasia from all the right, left, forward, reverse and sudden stops from driving. It is just a matter of reporting any and all problems.  
kathystone

QUOTE 12/14/2011 3:58:35 AM
 Neither Continental or delta gave me a satisfactory answer. In fact Delta sent me a letter saying "So sad too bad" reguarding the misrouted chihuahuas. Continental sent me a letter that they" regret the mishandling of the puppy but since it seemed to be OK after visiting a vet..."

I use grounbd shipping as much as possible but they do not go everywhere. I have had great luck with Alaska. In fact they called me when the dog going to ALaska was delayed and asked if they could remove him from the crate to clean it! 
christinastorla

QUOTE 12/15/2011 6:53:36 AM
Go to a higher authority like USDA, even though i don't agree with Humane Society they love to stir up trouble and then news! They don't want the bad publicity! Trade commission will stir them up to. Document everything as I do. Names, time, who, when and where helps a lot! Statement for the buyers, a copy of a filed complaint at the time with airlines. We all need to do this to protect our pets and reputation as caring breeders. Not allow them to do it any longer. Show your customers you won't stand for it and they will back you up!
Post Reply New Topic