Wolf Hybrid

Wolf Hybrid

wolfgirl88

QUOTE 6/7/2011 5:59:04 PM
I have always felt an incredible attraction towards wolves and have always known that I would end up with one.  Seeing as how wolves are my spirit animal it's obviously fitting.  As of right now I have a 5 year old Collie that acts like a wolf.  Her spirit is intact deeming her independent but also recognizes me as Alpha.  I want a wolf companion for her because none of the other dogs can handle her wild sense of self.
I am looking to get one around September/October because I am moving to Arkansas around then to a fairly large plot of land. I would like either the typical gray wolf with blue eyes, black with blue eyes, or a red with blue eyes.  Yellow eyes are also cool.  If you know of anyone who may have a litter I can look at within Colorado, Kansas, Utah, Oklahoma, or Arkansas around late Setember please let me know!
Mahalo,
-Kaiti ;)
kathystone

QUOTE 6/7/2011 7:24:34 PM
 I am glad that you are at one with wolves. And that is exactly why you should NOT buy a wolf or wolf hybrid. A wolf is always a wild animal and will behave as such. You cannot expect a wolf to act like a dog., The fact you want one with eyes any other color than yellow or brown tells alot. A wolf hybrid is in many cases an unpredicatble creature wiht bvehavior issues of it's own. Ask Dr. Michael Fox a reknown behavior speciallist. Ask Martine Collete who runs Wildlife Waystation in California.Ask any of the instructors at Moorpark College in California. GO to their respective websites and learn more. You can always sponsor one of the wolfs/or hybrids that have been dumped at either location. Check USDA for the requirements to keep a wolf. Don't plan to get a permit? Ok so when YOUR wolf gets in trouble, and they do, will you shoot it?  Please be respoonsible and DON'T get a wolf. They are wild creatures who belong in the wild.
echo_alpha

QUOTE 12/5/2011 12:22:47 PM
so much negative hostility!  All dogs can trace their genes to their wolf ancestery.  Wolves do come with a few issues such as requiring a diet of meat including organ meats at least once a week raising their maintenance cost to roughly 2 thousand a year or therabouts.  Wolves MUST be treated like a lap puppy and require a LOT of attention from their owner/leader.  They don't work well off leash because they view the wolf/leader relationship MUCH looser than dogs do and will ignore you completely at times.  Their hunting instinct is in full force so again no off leash unless a very well fenced enclosure with direct supervision.  Forget the blue eyes for a real wolf,  their eyes are shades of yellow the blue eyes are from either being inbred too much or husky mixes that are frequently sold as wolves.  I am extremely fussy who I will allow to get one of my puppies.  There is also  the fact you would need a license from the US dept of Agriculture to be legal in AR.
kathystone

QUOTE 12/5/2011 5:53:59 PM
 Please understand I am NOT hostile to wolves, just to the idiots that think they want a hybrid! A purebred wolf is a   much better choice than a Hybrid because, as you point out, it is predictable. It will act like a wolf. The hybrids are the ones who are questionable in temperament. The cost is not that much greater than a dog. The thing that concerns me is the number of people who are " at one" with wolves and then get a mix who is not suitable for them. They "try" to tame the animal but it ends up being dumped. I am concerned about the animal not the human. Sorry, if I wsn't clear.
Post Reply New Topic